SC Soccer
Posted By: El Niņo Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/06/09 04:18 AM
Who will take the title in 2010?
Posted By: letmetellya Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/10/09 01:06 PM
Going to be a strong 3 way battle I believe. S. Aiken has to replace some key players but they are still going to be strong. BC should have much improved attack. Airport returns pretty much their entire team from last year.

I don't think anyone runs the table in this region this year but I would have to go with Airport.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/10/09 02:05 PM
south aiken for sure. they have great young kids stepping up. combined with the returning starters from last year they will be the team to beat in the lowerstate.
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/11/09 01:20 PM
5-3A should be tough this year.
Last year, after round one, all 4 Region 5 teams still in it.
After round two, 3 still in it and SA ended up winning it all.
BC played SA tough(0-1 and 1-2) last year, and only lost two seniors.
Airport only lost a couple also.
Not sure about SA this year. I think they lost quite a few seniors, but had a solid JV.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/15/09 01:12 AM
Who is South Aiken bringing back? Who are they bringing up? The lost way to much from last year. I say BC with their only loss in region coming from Airport once.
Posted By: Coach H2O Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 12:33 AM
South Aiken will bring back 14 with rings on finger and some very key players from JV, who went undefeated. losing 11 seniors and 7 of them started will be tough to replace. But they will and their schedule should have them ready for playoffs.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 01:55 AM
So South Aiken has JV and backups playing while BC has their best returning. I dont think SA can keep up with the other region teams as they try to reload. BC will have to much offense for this region to handle.
Posted By: Always Right Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 02:08 AM
I know this is R53A, but what about the upstate? Surely the winner will come from this part of S.C. However, that's a pretty good region and SA has to be the favorite. After that will be BC with Airport and Dreher battling for 3rd.
Posted By: letmetellya Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 01:55 PM
BC will need more offense than Taylor Lewis. He is a good player but not someone who will take over a match. I think losing Rico in the centermid will hurt more than people may think. That kid wins everything. I just don't see it happening for the Bearcats this year.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 05:15 PM
SA will by far have the best offense in this region. 3 great young forwards and two quality cm's playin behind them. 1 of which i believe will be all state. and as for the other positions with players who graduated they have quality stepping up and good coaching will make them that much better.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 10:43 PM
Who at South Aiken is going to make all state? Taylor Lewis made all state last year and can take a game over on good days. His supporting cast can help him on days he isnt at his best.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 11:26 PM
Actually Lewis named "All Area", but is verryyy good.
But who care! With BC defense, if you no score, you no win.
We do it in PKs
Posted By: bar25 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/17/09 11:28 PM
Actually he made all state. Unless you can explain how he made the super 22 without making all state for 3A.
Posted By: SmallSodaMan Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/18/09 01:35 AM
Quote:

Actually he made all state. Unless you can explain how he made the super 22 without making all state for 3A.

Bar25 and Achmed on same wavelength.
Lewis named "player of year" for All Area team..... and also made all state team.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/18/09 01:36 AM
Brady Francis for south aiken. potentially the best cm in the region.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/18/09 03:06 AM
No way theres a better center mid then Taylor Lewis. And when noones heard of this kid I dont believe there is much there to offer
Posted By: soccer2103 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/18/09 02:54 PM
I agree, both Lewis and Francis are SOLID in CM. I thought Francis was a little harder to contain but Lewis is solid on free kicks and set plays (as BC always is). Having a forward like Travis Naylor to compliment a strong CM like Francis is a great combination. Edge to S. Aiken

Agree though with Achmed, BC always strong in the back and goal. Edge BC.
Posted By: Enduring Vision Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 02:38 AM
Brady Francis is the best center mid in Region 5 3A. Every time South Aiken needed a big play he was there to supply one. He will lead South Aiken right through the region and throughout the playoffs. They will go as far as he takes them.
Posted By: shirtless bernie Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 02:44 AM
Really? Brady Francis? The kid who plays for the SC/GA Red Bulls, that lost every game in U17 challenge last year. If he is the best center mid in Region 5 3A then I am the pope. He is decent at best. Taylor Lewis is good, a lot better than Francis, but I wouldn't consider him a "game changer", but he is very solid.
Posted By: bestofthebest Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 03:30 PM
Yes the same guy. and this is high school soccer. and last year he led SA's middle right through the region and to a state championship. he will lead them to another region championship this year. also deep into the playoffs, maybe a repeat
Posted By: Notsofastfriend Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 05:29 PM
Challenge level soccer > High School level soccer
Posted By: Enduring Vision Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 07:54 PM
Brady Francis could start for any Challenge team in the state of South Carolina.
Posted By: shirtless bernie Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/19/09 08:48 PM
I really hope the Enduring Vision is a joke...
Posted By: letmetellya Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 11/20/09 12:45 AM
easy Bernie, put your shirt back on. Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't make him wrong. The kid is talented, he is a lot better than decent.
Posted By: gunner11 Re: Region 5 3A Predictions - 12/08/09 04:26 PM
Having seen Brady Francis play multiple times, I say he has plenty of quality aspects to his game. Also, The region battle will be very interseting because SA lost a good bit last year,and it will take them time to get everythign sorted out while i think airport and BC will come out strong. In the end, the experience SA got from last year carries them to the region title
© SC Soccer