SC Soccer
Posted By: Hiller Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 11:59 AM
Dear Chapin soccer family and friends,

I will be stepping down as the head boys’ soccer coach of Chapin High School. It has been an honor and privilege to be a part of the Chapin boys’ soccer program for the past 12 years. However, it is time for me to take a different path with my career and family. With my oldest daughter going into to high school next year at Dutch Fork and my other two children being very busy too, I feel it is the right time to make a change.

During my years at Chapin I have been blessed with fantastic players and coaches that were completely dedicated and committed to our program, and for that I am grateful. For it is not the wins and losses I will remember, but it is those relationships with my players and coaches that I will hold on to forever. I would also like to thank all of the parents that have been very supportive of the program during my time as the head coach, and especially the wonderful “soccer moms” that went above the call of duty to assure things ran smoothly for our program. Also, I would like to thank the great principals and athletic directors and their staffs for always being very supportive of our soccer program and for working hard to give all the sports at Chapin the tools they need to succeed. Finally, I would like to give a very personal thanks to Phil Savitz for being the best coach, mentor, and friend I could have ever had. You have taught me more than you know!

Sincerely,

Dick Hiller
Posted By: elprofe Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 12:02 PM
Hats off sir!
Posted By: Kevin Heise Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 12:28 PM
Truly a loss for high school soccer, but I commend Coach Hiller on his priorities. A class act all the way and a great soccer coach!
Posted By: mccarthy_coach Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 12:45 PM
All the best in yours and your family's future Dick. You'll do great at your next stop as you've done at Chapin. I will see you soon buddy.

Clark
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 12:50 PM
Well Done Sir Well Done.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 01:01 PM
Truly a professional in all matters and our sport will greatly miss your influence.
Posted By: AgentOrange Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 02:16 PM
Coach, Best of luck with your future.
Posted By: origdonkeyfc Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 02:20 PM
Congrats coach now it is time to apply for a Bulldog membership!
Posted By: HeTakesPictures Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 04:11 PM
Quote:

....For it is not the wins and losses I will remember, but it is those relationships with my players....

hmmmm....I bet you'll remember the Lower State game of 2008

Good Luck Coach!!!
Posted By: Spartan Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 05:17 PM
Wishing you and your family the Best!
Posted By: Kellie Herndon Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 05:23 PM
The game is losing a great one for sure. Best of luck and see you soon!
Posted By: Manchester Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 05:36 PM
Dick you are one of the Coaches and people we have been blessed to have had in our lives. Just as you have given credit to Coach Savitz for the influence he has had on you, rest assured you've done the same with each player you've coached in and out of your program over the years.

Well done and best of luck to you in your future endeavors and particularly with your kids. Cherish every minute of it, because it's a great ride!!
Posted By: nukeworker Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 05:53 PM
We all wish you well and you will be missed by all!
Posted By: Anthony Pelton Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 06:02 PM
Good Luck Coach! I am sure CHS will miss you.
Posted By: RWBfan8 Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 06:55 PM
Had the chance to play for you during club ball great coach and person!! Chapin will miss you and good luck in your future..
Posted By: Pride&Tradition Re: Chapin Soccer - 05/20/11 10:31 PM
As a former player from 05'-08', Coach Hiller will be DEEPLY missed. Times change but the memories still burn very bright. I am very upset to see Hiller leave, but this shows not only how great of a coach he is but also a great friend, mentor, and most importantly an amazing father! I enjoyed and take great pride in every moment spent playing for you during club and at Chapin. A True class act all around!

Thank you!
© SC Soccer