SC Soccer
Posted By: Man Utd. Fan Wando v. Lexington - 05/10/12 08:01 PM
Well tonight is probably one of the biggest 2nd round playoffs games besides maybe Irmo v. Mauldin. What we've got is a rematch of the opening game of the 2012 Raising Canes Carolina Classic from late February. Lexington won that game 1-0 late and took away Wando's #1 National pre-season Ranking. Yes the 10 academy players had played against the Columbus Crew no more than 2 hours earlier, so their coach held them out.
Now with all those kids fresh and pumped up for this game, do you still think Lexington has a chance. There are many mixed feelings about this game, and i wanted comments on this game and why you think a certain team will win. Both have good arguments...well begin.
Posted By: Writing the Future Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/10/12 08:58 PM
Wando. Enough said.
Posted By: Sconners Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/10/12 09:34 PM
So, is it safe to say that the TEN players who were missing were Wando's better players? If so, what would make one think that Lexington has a chance?
I know you always have a chance but seems to me that it may be a snow balls chance.
Posted By: JayJay Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/10/12 09:53 PM
Full credit to Lexington for playing tough in the Palmetto Cup game and not allowing Wando's many shots to see the net. However, the goal scored by Lexington, while well executed, could not be said to be indicative of their offense during the game. The ball took a bad hop in the final third and Lexington took full advantage of the situation creating a one on one with the keeper. Sometimes, this is the way things go in soccer - one slip decides the day. Again, Lexington fully deserved the win for staying focused the entire game. The constant reference to possible missing or fatigued Wando players' effect on the outcome of this game really doesn't accurately portray how the game unfolded.
Posted By: bar25 Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 12:58 AM
Anyone know whats going on with this game?
Posted By: USNA82 Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 01:52 AM
Wando 5
Lexington 0

Scoring
10' W - Christian Jablonski (Erik Clark)
19' W - Hamilton Carlin
46' W - Hamilton Carlin
71' W - Christopher Corontzes
79' W - Charlie Heffron

Shutout
W - Hunter Greer

Lexington season complete 11-13-1.
Wando is 25-3, and hosts Ashley Ridge Saturday in AAAA Round 3.
Posted By: Score_a_goal Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 02:35 AM
Wando fully dominated all aspects of this game. They completely deserved the win.
Posted By: ShiloTisdale Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 02:36 AM
Quote:

Well tonight is probably one of the biggest 2nd round playoffs games besides maybe Irmo v. Mauldin. What we've got is a rematch of the opening game of the 2012 Raising Canes Carolina Classic from late February. Lexington won that game 1-0 late and took away Wando's #1 National pre-season Ranking. Yes the 10 academy players had played against the Columbus Crew no more than 2 hours earlier, so their coach held them out.
Now with all those kids fresh and pumped up for this game, do you still think Lexington has a chance. There are many mixed feelings about this game, and i wanted comments on this game and why you think a certain team will win. Both have good arguments...well begin.

Just have to chime in real quick. The only player that did not play against Lexington the first time what Hamilton due to injury. All others played. We have improved since then. Imagine players improving while playing high school soccer
Posted By: sandman Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 03:29 AM
whatever you say coach, but i'm pretty sure those teenagers already knew everything.
Posted By: SCSOCCER3 Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 03:48 AM
Whoever thought Lex had a chance was/is completely silly. Wando is going to win it all without a challenge.
Posted By: JamesR Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 04:03 AM
I think south Aiken and Irmo will have something to say about that!
Posted By: Writing the Future Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 05:18 AM
Quote:

I think south Aiken and Irmo will have something to say about that!

If Irmo wanted to say something about it, then they would have said something in the Palmetto Cup final...
Posted By: Cav Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 12:12 PM
Wando was by far the better team. It must be nice to have a whole line change and see no drop off in talent, effort, or play. Lex barely subs and you can tell near the end as those boys just died out. Not that it would have made much difference. I don't see anyone beating Wando, not that I've seen a bunch of teams.
Posted By: James Gray Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 12:44 PM
Writing the future

The playoffs compared to the palmetto cup are two completely different beasts. Yes Wando has a deeper bench, that happens when you carry about 30 players on the team (good for them for having that much talent to choose from!), but the playoffs provide more rest for the teams. Teams with less depth will play better due to rest as compared to the palmetto cup....and I would have to say that every team in SC has less depth than Wando. So if the matchup of Irmo-Wando happens in the state championship game, I would think it would be a better contested match. I'm not going to say that any team would walk away with it...look what has happened the last couple of years to the team that was expected to win! Should be an interesting rest of the playoff schedule!
Posted By: Score_a_goal Re: Wando v. Lexington - 05/11/12 04:47 PM
I would have to agree. Wando is clearly deeper than any other team in the state. And it does have its advantages in a single game. But playoffs are completely different than palemtto cup. Playoffs are potentially the last soccer game a high school senior will ever have. They do not want to lose that game. The atmosphere is completely different. This will be a fun final 3 rounds. Good luck to all of the teams.
© SC Soccer