SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 12:53 AM
Pinewood 7
JI Christian 0

Field really was not playable. Seven different players scored. PPS emptied the bench ten min. into the second.

Tomorrow's FB at PPS moved up to 3:30.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 02:35 AM
west florence 12
darlington 0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 02:36 AM
aiken 3 lextington 0
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 02:54 AM
L-E defeated York tonight @ L-E 2-1

L-E started off very sloppy and continued to play that way the rest of the game. The field conditions were not very good at all...not necessarily muddy but the lines after a week of rain had faded very badly. Throw-ins became a hazard for both sides. L-E was playing with their backs to the wall for the first 15minutes of play then I believe Matt Harris scored first and after that things leveled out and David MacNamey was able to put one more in before the half.

In the second half we started taking more shots and wasting some opportunities and luckily the defense could hold off some quality attacks (in large part to Matt Watts). With about 3:00 to go coach for some reason put some subs in and a goal resulted. So after that coach put the starters back in and in injury time... I took a throw-in and the York bench (and their coach) started yelling about how I was inside the field. ...even though my cleat marks were clearly behind the line. So anyways..things got out of hand and the York coach ( or assitant coach i'm not sure got a yellow card ) and right after play ressumed the ref called the game.

It was a very physical match so there were a lot of bad calls, good calls, missed calls, and ignored calls for both sides. But it definately lived up to my expectations and I know the next match will be just as close. Good game to York and on another note i'd just like to say York's keeper is outstanding...the kid wears the spiderman jersey for a reason. He made some outrageous saves that i'm sure frustrated our strikers and kept the match very interesting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 04:28 AM
Wando 3
Hilton Head 2

I happened to be on-hand for the match tonight. This game was amazing, and the action was very intense. If anyone has been interested in seeing Wando outplayed, this was the game to see it. Hilton Head outplayed Wando for most of the game, with the exception of about a ten minute breakdown, about 2/3 the way into the second half, in which 2 goals were scored in as many minutes. Congratulations to both teams for playing such a hard-fought game, and watch out for both of these teams come playoff time.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 04:37 AM
Loris 5 - Mullins 1

Sloppy field conditions, boundary lines very light
Posted By: Scott Ruggles Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 05:33 AM
Stratford 5
Battery Creek 0

Special Note Asst. Coach David Poole was on hand to coach in Coach Ruggles absence.
Coach Ruggles missed his first game in twenty years (363) as he was recovering from knee surgery.
Graet Job Coach Poole and to the team.
Posted By: Sean Vick Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 12:10 PM
Mid-Carolina 1 @ Newberry 3
Posted By: Coach J Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 12:45 PM
West Ashley 4 Beaufort1
Beaufort scored of a PK on a hand ball call in the box. Bad luck for us on the call. Next game is friday at Stratford 6:30.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/19/03 06:51 PM
south florence 2
hartsville 0
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores - 03/20/03 04:39 AM
Irmo 17 0 Lower Richland
© SC Soccer