SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 05:18 PM
Here are my Quarter-Final match ups and on as I see it. Feel Free to post yours.....

AAAA

Upper State:
Aiken vs Ridge View (Aiken Wins 3-1)

Northwestern vs South Aiken (SA wins 1-0)

UPPER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Aiken vs South Aiken
South Aiken Wins the Upper State.(1-0)

Lower State:
Summerville vs Irmo (Irmo Wins 2-1)

Hilton Head vs Wando (Wando Wins 2-1)

LOWER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Wando vs Irmo
Wando wins Lower State (3-1)

Wando wins State 1-0 over South Aiken

AAA
Upper State:
Greenville vs Daniel (Daniel Wins 2-0)

Riverside vs JL Mann (Riverside wins 2-1)

UPPER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Riverside vs Daniel
Riversdie wins Upper State (3-1)

Lower State
North MB vs Dreher (Dreher Wins 4-1)
MB vs BC (BC wins 2-1)

LOWER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Dreher vs BC
Dreher wins Lower State (3-2 pks)

Riverside wins State (3-0)

PS this is subject to change if these teams change region positions. i.e. seeding is different.
Upper State:

If TL Hanna can string some together, they could be a force. They are very capable of playing excellent soccer, and I think they may make it to the Upper State championship game.

I think that Aiken and South Aiken are pretty good too, but I would have to give it to Aiken, and I think that Aiken will win the Upper State. With the possibility of TL Hanna maybe pulling an upset.

Lower State:

I think that Socastee is a solid team, and should make it fairly far in the playoffs. They, like Wando, don't have a particularly strong schedule this year. So when push comes to shove, and they start to play tougher games, who knows what will happen. Dutch Fork could come out playing some strong ball too, it all depends if they can get it together after the loss to Sumter. Irmo should have a strong year again in the playoffs. They had Aiken hand it to them early in the season, and I don't think that they will have another game like that. I figure that It will come down to Irmo playing Wando for the Lower State championship again. I'm not even going to guess who is going to win that one. It will come down to who is playing better ball at that time.

As for the state championship game, I would have to say that whom-ever wins the Wando/Irmo game will probably win state. (In my opinion)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 07:09 PM
I'd like to see another Aiken/Northwestern Semi's match up
Just from eye-balling the AAAA brackets it looks like we'll see these matchups if things stay the same (which they probably won't). I've put in capitals who I think will win.

Upper State -- (1st Round) Mauldin at AIKEN, FORT MILL at Spartanburg, North Augusta at HILLCREST, Byrnes at NORTHWESTERN, SPRING VALLEY at Dorman, TL Hanna at SOUTH AIKEN, Boiling Springs at RIDGE VIEW, LEXINGTON at Greenwood, (2nd Round) Fort Mill at AIKEN, NORTHWESTERN at Hillcrest, Spring Valley at SOUTH AIKEN, Lexington at RIDGE VIEW, (Quarterfinals) Northwestern at AIKEN, Ridge View at SOUTH AIKEN, (Semifinals) South Aiken at AIKEN.

Lower State -- (1st Round) Sumter at SUMMERVILLE, West Ashley at SOUTH FLORENCE, Colleton County at IRMO, Crestwood at JAMES ISLAND, Stratford at SOCASTEE, Airport at HILTON HEAD, Hartsville at WANDO, Fort Dorchester at DUTCH FORK, (2nd Round) South Florence at SUMMERVILLE, James Island at IRMO, Hilton Head at SOCASTEE, Dutch Fork at WANDO, (Quarterfinals) IRMO at Summerville, Wando at SOCASTEE, (Semifinals) Socastee at IRMO.

State Championship -- AIKEN vs. Irmo.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 08:06 PM
Always Right:

Interesting Scenario, one question. How would Colleton make the playoffs to face IRMO! It probably does not matter who plays IRMO in the first round. However, just curious how you got Colleton!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 10:11 PM
I'm predicting that Hilton Head will beat Socastee.

You heard it here.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 10:18 PM
GW Knight,

Going out on a limb are we?

You saw a lot at the Palmetto Cup didn't you?

You're not a bad keeper yourself, you just don't have any one in front of you.
4AAAA Championship: Wando vs South Aiken (South Aiken wins despite a well played match by both sides)
3AAA Championship: BC vs Riverside (BC gets revenge for the 2-1 loss with a win)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 10:53 PM
thank you very much Shearer... which game did you see?

I did see a lot of the Palmetto cup this past weekend and from what i saw of Hilton Head, they are a very skilled team and very underrated. If them and Socastee played i think the game would be a lot closer than a lot of people think and not to knock Socastee in any way b/c they are a great team, but they really haven't played that many tough games. That can hurt you deep in the playoffs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/14/04 11:30 PM
I hope Northwestern can make it back to the big game, lost a couple games earlier in the season. Maybe someone will underestimate us or something.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 12:04 AM
AAAA
Upperstate Finals: Aiken v. South Aiken
Lowerstate Finals: Irmo v. Wando

State Championship: Irmo v. Aiken

State Champion: Irmo

AAA
Upperstate Finals: Riverside v. Greenville
Lowerstate Finals: Dreher v. Brookland-Cayce

State Championship: Riverside v. Dreher

State Champion: Riverside
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 01:50 AM
why would mb lose to bc this year, when they comfortably beat them last year? mb has the exact same team just like bc.

--wax it up and grind!!
MB didnt necesarily "comfortably" beat them last year. If I do recall correctly, after the LONG 45 minute half time last year, beacuse of lightining, BC came out down 2-0 and scored a goal within the first 10 minutes making it 2-1. Played an excellent second half but MB toe-poked one away making it 3-1 in the last minutes of the game. Not too comfortable if you ask me!!!!
One more thing to add to my last post MB might have the same team as last year but BC has grown as a team and if they can come within 5 minutes of tieing an EXCELLENT Riverside team then i believe they can take MB!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 02:09 AM
Yeah but doesn't MB have the exact same team back? Oh and another thing anybody can sit back and hold the score down #6! Riverside had the play the entire match and BC 's goal was lets say a FLUKE!!!!!!!!! #5 was the only player BC had. So CM 6 SHUT UP!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 02:18 AM
4AAAA - IRMO
3AAA - MYRTLE BEACH

IRMO - Good, Strong team, able to finish quick.
MB - Also Great & Strong team, also able to finish. No way Upperstate Wins in 4AAAA/3AAA. This year belongs to Lowerstate. Sorry Senior Guys...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 02:24 AM
So what happened with the Greenville defeat? 4-1? Not convincing enough? And they've lost to 3 other 3AAA teams. You're crazy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 03:31 AM
so anyone got anything on west ashley havent heard much about them and since we're playing them in the playoffs first round i'm curious....any info would be appreciated
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 03:38 AM
I second Always Right.

Bob, you're saying that there's no way Aiken could end up beating Irmo in the championship game?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 11:51 AM
I had the Privilege to watch WA play both Summerville and Socastee. WA took summervile to PK's the first time they played and then they went to double overtime at summerville and lost in the last minute. They went to Myrtle Beach and beat a very respectable North Myrtle Beach team and then played socastee and lost 2-1. They are one of the teams to watch out for in the playoffs. I can see them giving any team they play a run for there money.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 02:33 PM
Trojan, I don't think you give yourselves enough credit. It seems you guys still have a very strong team despite a couple of losses. Perhaps we here at Hanna will be seeing you guys in May.
As for 3A, Greenville or Riverside. JL Mann, Eastside, Daniel all obviously have a chance too, but I think Upperstate has it again this year.
First Round

1-4 Belton-Honea Path @ 4-1 York
3-3 Greer @ 2-2 J.L. Mann

4-4 Clover @ 1-1 Daniel
2-3 Eastside @ 3-2 Broome

2-4 Southside @ 3-1 Riverside
4-3 Lugoff-Elgin @ 1-2 Seneca

3-4 Union @ 2-1 Greenville
1-3 Wren @ 4-2 Chester

Lower State
5-4 Strom Thurmond @ 6-1 Wilson
8-3 Timberland @ 7-2 Carolina Forest

6-4 Camden @ 5-1 Dreher
7-3 North Myrtle Beach @ 8-2 North Charleston

7-4 Marion @ 8-1 Georgetown
6-3 Lakewood @ 5-2 Brookland-Cayce

7-1 Myrtle Beach Bye
5-3 A.C. Flora @ 6-2 West Florence

Second Round
2-2 J.L. Mann @ 4-1 York
2-3 Eastside @ 1-1 Daniel

1-2 Seneca @ 3-1 Riverside
1-3 Wren @ 2-1 Greenville

Lower State
7-2 Carolina Forest @ 6-1 Wilson
7-3 North Myrtle Beach @ 5-1 Dreher

5-2 Brookland-Cayce @ 8-1 Georgetown
5-3 A.C. Flora @ 7-1 Myrtle Beach

Third Round
2-2 J.L. Mann @ 1-1 Daniel
2-1 Greenville @ 3-1 Riverside

7-2 Carolina Forest @ 5-1 Dreher
5-2 Brookland-Cayce @ 7-1 Myrtle Beach

Semis
3-1 Riverside @ 1-1 Daniel
7-1 Myrtle Beach @ 5-1 Dreher

Final
3-1 Riverside
5-1 Dreher

Riverside State Champ

The Third round in the Upper State is going to be two great games I think that anyone of those teams could come out to Winner the Upper state and eventually the State.

Dreher is very good and if they get to the championship game I think they will compete a lot better than the lower state teams have in the last could years. It also helps them if Carolina Forest beats Wilson then Dreher will get all of them game at Home.

I feel bad for BC because it looks like they have to travel to play inferior teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 05:00 PM
Count,

You are asuming that Dreher beats Flora and BC again. Benny is a big loss and it will be a huge challenge for Dreher to overcome that. I am not saying they cannot do it but it will be different this time around with out him!

Great picks! As far as feeling bad for BC, don't all they have to do is win region and they would be at home. Ball is in their court.

I don't know if the past two teams representing the lower state did that bad of a job. Last year it was tight till late in the second half and the year before Greenville was on. That ONE night they could have beat ANYONE in the STATE!!!! I don't care what you say they were just on!
Yeah I know things could really change in region 5 and in region 2. My point was why don't they seed teams overall. Why should BC have to go to Georgetown just because Georgetown have a worse region than they do.
Good point! region winners should be rewarded due to the fact that each school MUST play in their respective region. Not fair to some but I can understand why. Would you penalize Southern Cal this football season for playing in the PAC 10? No, so this is the same principal but on a much much smaller stage.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 05:51 PM
soccaballa, what other 3aaa teams did they lose to
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/15/04 05:55 PM
The MB-BC last year had a 90 minute delay and MB was up 2-0 in the first 20 of the game....BC did score but MB Scored a fine goal to finish it by my dawg landon...so dont try to say that it was a toe poke....but mb will have a tough time beating upperstate
Blaze you jump to conclusions oh so quickly!!! Why go ahead and say that MB is in the championship???? They arent gonna play easy teams in the quaterfinals and lowerstate chapionship if they get there. They' re gonna have to go through a very young but good BC squad or young and talented Dreher squad and possibly an Upset in the first round by AC Flora( not a bad team despite their record ). So dont count on MB having an easy road to the final. BECAUSE IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

FORGET ABOUT IT!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/16/04 02:54 AM
i didnt jump to any conclusions...and i didnt say we would have an easy way to the state cup...i fully aware of the other lowerstate teams and there quality...i simply corrected the mistake an early post had said...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/16/04 03:07 PM
About AlwaysRight's predictions: Hillcrest can't make the playoffs because they are on probation for some reason (I heard too many red cards in a game.) Therefore, TL Hanna will not end up playing S. Aiken, and there is a very good chance we will end up with the #1 playoff seed for our region. I see us making the third round after a very hard played 2nd round, and then possibly contending for a spot in the Upperstate and State Championships if we are firing on all cylinders as we have been lately.
What are the Tie breakers in the regions?
If flora beats strom they will be tied with BC I was just wondering who is going to be #2 and #3.
Based on how Dreher has been playing (for example a 5-0 thrashing of BC last night), I'd give them the nod for being the lower state AAA champs. I also think that Flora will do well in the playoffs.
Region 5-3A Tie-Breaker is as follows:

1) Head-to-Head Matches;
2) Head-to-Head Goals Against;
3) Overall Region Goals Allowed.

Right now, the standings are as follows:

1) Dreher (6-0), 32 GF, 3 GA -- Region Champions
2) B-C (3-3), 21 GF, 13 GA -- Region Runner-Up
3) ACF (2-3), 14 GF, 11 GA -- Third Place
4) ST (0-5), 1 GF, 41 GA -- Fourth Place

B-C holds the Head-to-Head Goals Allowed advantage with A.C. Flora for second place (5 BC, 6 ACF) ... This stems from B-C's 3-1 away win and 3-4 home loss.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/24/04 04:27 AM
does Strom automatically get a bid every year since I'm guessing midland valley dosen't field a team?
That is correct. Midland Valley nor Keenan field soccer teams. It will get better however, as Region V-AAA will be comprised of the following schools next year, and ST will probably not qualify for the playoffs: Airport, Brookland-Cayce, Chapin, Dreher and Strom Thurmond.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/24/04 01:46 AM
Kevin, do you know who BC and Flora will play in the first round
If things stay as they are now, the boys' bracket of the Class AAA playoffs would have Lakewood at Brookland-Cayce on Tuesday, May 4. In other Region 5 matches, Dreher would host Camden, A.C. Flora would play at Wilson and Strom Thurmond would play at West Florence.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/24/04 02:58 AM
thanks
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/24/04 03:44 PM
the new region 5, probably the most competitive region between 1-3, looks like it will become the most competitive top to bottom next season, those are some great schools.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/24/04 05:49 PM
kevin, who will NMB play in 1st rd and where?
As of today, Saturday, April 24th, the Class AAA Boys Lower State Playoffs would be as follows (but remember there is a week to play and can certainly effect several scenarios):

FIRST ROUND - MAY 4
---------------------------------
(R6#1) West Florence, 15-7 vs. (R5#4) Strom Thurmond, 2-10
(R7#2) North Myrtle Beach, 16-5 vs. (R8#3) North Charleston, 1-10 / Timberland, 0-5
(R5#1) Dreher, 15-3-3 vs. (R6#4) Camden, 1-11
(R8#2) NC/Timberland vs. (R7#3) Carolina Forest
(R8#1) Georgetown, 13-4 vs. (R7#4) Marion, 6-11
(R5#2) Brookland-Cayce, 11-8-3 vs. (R6#3) Lakewood, 15-6
(R7#1) Myrtle Beach, 14-3 vs. (R8#4) Bye
(R6#2) Wilson, 11-5 vs. (R5#3) A.C. Flora, 9-11
Region VII AAA Next Year - Socastee, Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Carolina Forest, St. James, Georgetown and Dillon. And only four of these teams will make it to the play-offs next year. Ouch...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/25/04 01:51 AM
Region V AAAA next year will be made up of Irmo, Dutch Fork, Spring Valley, Ridge View, and RNE. Any one seed next year who has to face the number four team out of this region in the first round of the playoffs is going to have its hands full.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/28/04 02:26 PM
well i beleive that the upperstate AAA playoffs will be very exciting but i dont beleive that JL MANN, riverside, daniel, dreher, and MB are as good as yall may think that they are. i am not downing these teams its just that i stats dont show to well when your trying to argue for these teams. i would like to see greenville go all the way, but my opinion i biased to so.here are some stats to go by.

MRYTLE BEACH:
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 153-151-1

RIVERSIDE
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 157-154-8

JL MANN
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 120-108-1

DREHER
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 194-176-16

GREENVILLE
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 233-137-5

BC
Combined W-L-T record of Opponents: 235-178-13

it seem sto me that these almost all teams are geeting more credit than they deserve. now i for sure beleive that upperstate has the cup but i beleive that it may just come down to whoever wants it more. all these teams are good and it should make for an interesting AAA playoff
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/28/04 03:30 PM
what do the upperstate AAAA playoffs look like ...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/28/04 03:31 PM
what do the upperstate AAAA playoffs look like ...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/28/04 11:32 PM
LOWER STATE
--------------------
(H)Summerville vs Sumter
(H)South Florence vs West Ashley
(H)Irmo vs Beaufort
(H)James Island vs Hartsville
------
(H)Socastee vs Stratford
(H)Hilton Head vs Airport
(H)Wando vs Crestwood
(H)Dutch Fork vs Fort Dorchester

UPPER STATE
--------------------
(H)Aiken vs Easley
(H)Spartanburg vs Spring Valley
(H)Greenwood vs Lexington
(H)Ridge View vs Byrnes
------
(H)Dorman vs Fort Mill
(H)S. Aiken vs T.L. Hanna
(H)Northwestern vs Boiling Springs
(H)Mauldin vs North Augusta
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/29/04 03:26 PM
looks to be an interesting playoffs...
Here is some info on the teams that Rainbow mentioned earlier, I threw in Socastee and Irmo to give a little perspective.

One thing that I think that this may show is that even if you have a hard schedule you have to win some of the hard games.

The stats for Greenville and Irmo say that they beat "good" teams and lost to really "good" teams.

As opposed to BC Where they beat "below average" teams and lost to the good teams.
That is where BC has to improve they have to win the close game against a hard opponent.

But you can always make statistics say anything.

MRYTLE BEACH:
Wins Opponent Record 108 128 1
Losses Opponent Record 35 13 0

RIVERSIDE
Wins Opponent Record 132 128 7
Losses Opponent Record 22 5 0

BC
Wins Opponent Record 68 98 2
Losses Opponent Record 110 32 6
Ties Opponent Record 36 28 5

JL MANN
Wins Opponent Record 77 95 1
Losses Opponent Record 45 13 0

DREHER
Wins Opponent Record 122 134 8
Losses Opponent Record 32 8 3
Ties Opponent Record 33 29 5

GREENVILLE
Wins Opponent Record 151 119 5
Losses Opponent Record 71 13 0

Socastee
Wins Opponent Record 163 178 4
Losses Opponent Record 4 0 0

Irmo
Wins Opponent Record 156 145 2
Losses Opponent Record 29 5 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/29/04 08:44 PM
Question FinishNUM1? How is Hartsville playing Wando. I happen to go to Hartsville and wanted to know since... even though we are not that great why it is that we would play a number 1 seed when our region's number 4 seed (Crestwood) is playing the number 2 seed from their region (James Island). Is it not the other way around where Hartsville plays the number 2 seed, or am I mistaken? All the years I have played and watching my brother play a couple years ago, the number 1 played the number 4 and the number 2 played the number 3? Am I right or wrong? Just curious.
Posted By: LF Re: Post-Season Predictions........4A and 3A Only - 04/29/04 09:04 PM
Player - You're right. Not sure where NUM1 got his info from but he's wrong. The brackets with the teams names filled in are on the SCHSL web site with everyone but region 4, 8 & 5 teams listed. It's easy enough to figure those out also. Those regions must still have some region game to play.
Zero you are so very correct about BC not being able to beat a good opponent. Although not winning these games BC played these teams basically down to the wire Chapin, Cardianl Newman, Riverside, and Summerville. They havent produced a win yet but it's playoff time anything can happen and my take on it is the tables WILL turn!!!
© SC Soccer