SC Soccer
Posted By: Coach Dick Smith A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 05:18 AM
T. L. HANNA 4 Fort Mill 2

Hanna will play at Nortwestern at 7 pm on Saturday.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 05:59 AM
T.L. Hanna @ Northwestern

The Trojans downed Mauldin 5-2 in Rock Hill.
Posted By: jwoodring Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 08:41 AM
Maybe the upset of the day!

Hilton Head 3 - Socastee 2

Hilton Head Plays winner of Wando - Dutch Fork.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 11:40 AM
at Wando

Wando 4 Dutch Fork 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 11:45 AM
Spring Valley 1-0 Lexington
Posted By: RCates Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 12:28 PM
Congratulations to Wando on a hard fought match. I thought we had the best of you for a majority of the first half. We just can't seem to finish strong in either half. Congrats on the adjustments made at half time and on an excellent 2nd half. Good luck to your team in the rest of the playoffs.

To DF. Thanks for a great season that came up a few steps short of the goal.

And last but not least, to my son Tony (DF #15). Thanks for everything. I am going to miss watching you play.
Posted By: James Gray Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 02:22 PM
Congratulations to TL Hanna on their win! On a second note, wouldn't it just drive Wando nuts if Irmo wins, and Wando wins their next game, and Wando would have to travel to Irmo again for the Lower State finals game?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 03:30 PM
No.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 06:55 PM
Irmo 12 Hartsville 0

Hartsville crossed midfield twice...maybe.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 07:03 PM
Was IRMO that good last night or did Hartsville blow their stack against JI? I have not seen Hartsville play, but WOW! 12-0 in the second round seems a little off balance!

Also, I do not think that the HH win over Socastee was an upset! I think anyone in the state could be upended by that team. The next round should be great!

Good luck to all...........
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 07:07 PM
I agree I couldn't decide who would win that game...I knew Hilton Head had a strong team and that Socastee had never truly been tested...Let's see what Wando can do.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 07:13 PM
It's quite apparent to me that Hartsville pulled the upset of the 4A playoffs when the Red Foxes ambushed James Island 4-1 ... Irmo has had a very favorable draw this postseason with home games vs. Beaufort and Hartsville, but you can bet the Yellow Jackets will take their 'A Game' to McKissick Stadium tomorrow night vs. Summerville ... Should be a great match in the Lowcountry! ... Good luck to both teams and I hope a great crowd turns out for all of the Quarterfinal matches on Saturday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 07:21 PM
Great match in the lowcountry?...I hope less of a crowd shows up...Things tend to get out of hand when Irmo and Summerville have played in the past. If by great match you mean brawl then yeah it will probably be a great match in lowcountry. =)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 07:53 PM
Poor Summerville.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/07/04 08:55 PM
awww Robbie that was soo sweet but since tony isn't going to play anymore you can come watch us in the playoffs, so far we're undefeated in the playoffs this year and most likely will remain that way for a while thanks to our good friends at the highschool league......gotta love that highschool soccer!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/08/04 04:48 AM
Irmo vs. Summerville should be a very exciting match. Two different type of styles, Irmo with their fast wingers play possesion and Summerville with its big defensive players like to play hard physical soccer. Though the game will be hard fought I doubt that either team will be coming out looking for a fight. Summerville has been itching for a chance to play against a high caliber team like this to try and prove themselves.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/08/04 02:13 PM
I know for a fact that Irmo's midfield is not as good as summerville's. Those punks from irmo with their bleached hair arent gona know what hit them. Summerville's offense is the best in the state when it gets moving, and our defense will light em up. 3-0 Summerville.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/08/04 02:48 PM
Someone is cocky, but I do hope you give them a run for their money.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/08/04 05:09 PM
wavescr, I really hope you havent just awoken a sleeping giant...

That was probably the worst thing you could have done to your team. Good luck in your final game of the playoffs.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 02:49 AM
If Irmo's midfield is not as good as Summerville's, and Summerville's offense is the best in the state when it gets moving, and Summerville's defense will light Irmo up, how did Irmo win 4-0 ????? Irmo's back line must be really great ???? Scary.
Beaufort only lost 4-1.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 02:56 AM
Thanks for the words of motivation wavescr, it made for a good pregame speech for Coach Savitz. Summerville really took it to Irmo didnt they, Irmo 4 Summerville 0.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 02:58 AM
Shhhhhhh irmo4now.....you saw what happened to Summerville. Calcio was right! [Razz]
Posted By: Brock Scott Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 06:39 AM
none of yall have a life...who cares what somebody said on a message board..jeez..go find something to do worthwhile. Im sure Irmo won just because waves posted that..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 06:58 AM
Hilton Head 2
Wando 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 07:07 AM
Brock Scott
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 07:11 AM
jeez man
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 02:46 PM
No brock, Irmo didn't win just because waves posted that, Irmo would have won that game either way. Im just sure it added a little spark to their motivation, though. I don't mean to be a fair weather fan and all, but if I were bettin money, it would definitely be on Irmo for a repeat. Especially if Irmo plays and finishes as well as they did last night. Hilton Head needs to be prepared for their next game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 03:51 PM
The game was much closer than the score indicated. Irmo's first goal came on a very questionalbe call in the box, and their last goal was scored due to interference with the center ref. Granted there was no doubt that Irmo's midfiled simply dominated Summerville's. Summerville had many chances early to score 2 possibly 3 goals and didn't. It was a close game but Irmo deserved to win definatly. Whoever wavesoccer is, should probalby be killed. And I hope he now realizes who has the better midfiled by far because Summerville's sucks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 03:58 PM
I wouldn't say Summerville midfield sucks, but they were outplayed on Sat. Great game boys keep it up Irmo. [Big Grin] The last goal was scored in stoppage time, the ref got in the way of both players on the play, Irmo just responded to it better, but he did not touch the ball.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 04:11 AM
I hope that Hilton Head destroys Irmo. They are a dirty, cocky team. And their hair looks ridiculous. I have a lot of respect for #10 for not looking like an idiot with the rest of them. They may be a heck of a soccer team, but there are some crappy people on that team. When we played them they destroyed us (Hartsville) and in the last twenty minutes #7 called one of our guys a dirty f-ing mexican and he punched #7 in the throat. I don't condone Pablo's action, but that was a messed-up thing to say.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 04:14 AM
In the last 5 minutes one of our guys got hurt and one of their players (Irmo) asked another one what was wrong and he said it was vaginal cramps. Another messed-up thing to say. Irmo has no respect for anyone else in the state.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 04:29 AM
Why should Irmo respect a team they beat 12-0? The game was over before the 10 minute mark, no respect earned, none given.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 04:48 AM
I think y'all are talking about two different kinds of respects. So what if Irmo was a better team than them and didnt respect their soccer team in that aspect, but Irmo you should still have respect for the players as people. That is what Mr. WithA is saying I think.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 05:02 PM
for the record... who called HH doing really good in the playoffs?

... that'd be me.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 06:41 PM
I realize that trojan. It's not that we don't respect our quality opponents, but that is just our competative nature. You have to go out knowing you are the better team, knowing that you can beat everyone you play. If it comes off as a lack of respect, oh well, sorry for ya. We play every game to win, and if a team earns our respect then we acknowledge that. If people from irmo say that we don't respect a quality opponent they are probably not apart of our varsity program.
Posted By: futbol09 Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/09/04 09:33 PM
That was pretty good that he hit the guy. Hopefully it knocks some since into him for making a racial statement.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 12:07 PM
We play soccer just like you guys and I guarantee we work just as hard as y'all. You can say what you want about us deserving no respect, but we play this sport just like y'all and we fight just as hard. SOCCER ISN'T LIFE, GET OVER YOURSELF!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 01:32 PM
Wow, since when does competitive nature include racial slurs...you can be competitive and not be a prick, a good competitive nature is what went on between the Pendleton/Chapin players on the message board...don't use competitive nature as a cop-out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 02:06 PM
I agree
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 03:00 PM
Competive nature can talk about other peoples soccer skills. Irmo, you can say your team, as a whole, has more soccer skills, that would be fine, dont go making fun of their race. That was a very stupid comment by the guy and he got what he deserved, maybe he actually deserved more.
Posted By: James Gray Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 03:45 PM
Let me assure you all that nobody on here is an Irmo player, so don't take what they have to say seriously. I am sure that there are things said out on the field, and I am sure that things can get blown out of proportion when they get posted on this board. Don't think that the Irmo players are racist or anything else, Phil wouldn't tolerate that, and he would cut them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 04:54 AM
I don't think #7 is a racist I think he is just a jerk. He doesn't have a deep personal conviction against Mexicans, but I have a deep personal conviction against idiots with bleach blonde hair that think they are God just because they are role players on a SOCCER TEAM.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 08:15 PM
HAH! Buncha pansies.
Posted By: Shrink Rap Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/10/04 09:49 PM
I enjoy this thread because it is a great way to vent one's emotions. Unfortunately, much of the emotions appear to be sour grapes. I too have some opinions / questions / food for thought: How many yellow and red cards were given out during the Irmo-Summerville game? To whom were they given? Were they due to lack of skill or a lapse in ones mental game? How does Irmo's #7 have so much mental control over the other players that they are so out-of-control to get these infractions? How many of these people posting actually heard the racial slur? Why did Irmo's #7 call the other person a dirty player? If in fact, he did call him a dirty player. How come the Irmo tradition is to bleach their hair at playoff time and they have won 14 Championships? I would enjoy hearing thoughtful responses instead of more sour grapes...unless its to vent.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 12:49 AM
Can someone that has seen them play comment about Irmo? Serious comments about their playing!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 01:59 AM
I believe there was 1 yellow and 1 red card. The red card went to the Mexican and the yellow went to the guy standing next to the guy that got hit. Enough players on our team heard that comment, I know I did. In my life time, if you call someone a dirty f-ing mexican, or a dirty f-ing 'any race' you have something against that race. If you have something against that race, you are a racist. I am sick of Irmo thinking they are better than everyone, they work better as a team, but their entire team (individual) was not better than our team (individual) I guarantee if some guys from here went there, they would start ahead of faggots like #7, and they wouldn't even have to die their hair pee blonde.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 12:14 PM
Irmo is great in the middle and their wings are fast watch out for #4 and #13 (I think the short guy with dreads). #4 is very quick and can kill you down the line and #13 is great at following shots and finishing crosses. They like most teams play the ball to the outside and like to bring it in with crosses. Most of their crosses towords the goal are on the groud, so watch for that. They play hard and run through everything.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 12:24 PM
Thanks Mr A for the information on Irmo. Hilton Head has a great game ahead of them. I've noticed they like to run their mouths with the racial comments. Not to mention throw punches??? Too bad...they might be a better team if they didn't put so much effort into mind games. Hilton Head players have learned to ignore the nasty comments......it would be nice to see Irmo put in their place!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 02:41 PM
I sure hope Hilton Head is the one to do it, Irmo needs to be shut down. The last thing they said to us before we left, "We beat everyone that bad, so don't feel to bad." Stick it to 'em!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 02:46 PM
19 is the cockiest of the bunch, shut him down, he usually tries to go on far post side when the defense has been drawed to the ball on the other side leaving him open for the shot. Make sure the defense watches him on these cuts.
Posted By: collateralestoppel Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 02:50 PM
(Sniff) Whew! What's that smell? Is it horse crap, bull crap, or just plain old sour grapes? I don't know, but it sure seems that Flash15 has a lot of "quotes." Man, with a memory like that I bet he sure could give us a play-by-play account of the entire game.

Seriously, are you saying that Irmo is racist? Against whom? Last time I looked, they are a multi-cultural team...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 03:30 PM
Columbia is a multicultural area, doesn't mean there aren't racists in Columbia.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 04:50 AM
Some of you guys are just starting to sound mad that you got beat. I mean yall already got #7 back for the comment. Yall should be happy for that.
Posted By: collateralestoppel Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 05:04 PM
That's true. But the fact remains that there are qutie a bit of generalizations being bandied about concerning what may or may not have taken place. We're talking about generalizations of a team. I am referring to the team in general, not to the Columbia area. To say that an entire team is racist because of comments allegedly made by one person would be akin to saying that Columbia is a racist town because one Columbia resident makes a racist comment. More to the point, you have a thread of posts by one person that basically says that the psychological makeup of the team is racist and that the only way the team wins is because of intimidation and dirty play. Knowing Coach Savitz personally, I can attest that he would not tolerate that type of behavior. If those comments were said, it would definitely be handled and the repercussions severe.

It's also a little suspect that the person asserting that these comments were made plays for the opposing team. It sounds like more of an attempt to cast aspersions on Irmo because it won than anything else. Could it be that he's mad, frustrated and hurt because his team lost to Irmo? Could it be envy that Irmo continues to succeed inspite of having less overall talent than the other teams? Since 1987, Irmo has failed to reach the finals, what, 2 or 3 times?
Posted By: Shrink Rap Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 05:35 PM
Some of you are still bitter and venting and unfortunately have bad linear logic. Example: if A, then B, which results in C… does not always result in the correct answer.

Racist: defined by Webster, “prejudiced against other races: prejudiced against all people who belong to other races”.

Apparently Irmo’s #7 would have to call all Mexicans dirty in order to fit the definition and from what you heard he only called one person that name. Therefore, if you are calling him a racist then you have made up your own definition of a racist.

Take for example the dirty American soldiers who abused the Iraqi prisoners. If you agree with this statement that these were bad or dirty American soldiers and you use your definition of racist, then you hate Americans and are a racist. Bad definition results in bad logic.

Do you hate Americans? Did #7 call all Mexicans dirty?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 05:54 PM
Get over it what happened happended get over it he got punched let it go god.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 08:26 PM
You know what I don't play for any of the teams in this arguement, so I don't really care about who it happened to or for what reason. It just gives a really good soccer team a bad name. And Shrink Rap...it's not about logic, if you work hard enough in your head you can make murder seem rational. If you wanna think about it that way you could call anyone one you wanted the N-word and every time you said it you still wouldn't be racist, because you didn't say it about everyone of that race. The point is talk trash, but why bring race into it???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 08:54 PM
I think everybody in the heat of the game has said something or done something that was out of character that they regretted later. Let it go guys the board wasn't made for this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 08:56 PM
As for Collateralestoppel, I wasn't saying that the whole team of Irmo was racist, although I'm pretty sure you weren't aiming that point at me to begin with, but it does reflect badly upon them. One more point to Shrink Rap, you probably wouldn't call those American soldiers dirty f*%#@!g American soldiers either. Normally I don't call people Americans, since I am one myself. By bringing out a different race in negative language you are implying a whole lot more.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 09:12 PM
To Flash15, theres no way number 19 (Justin Greene) is cocky at all on Irmo. I know him personally and he is by far one of the most humble players you'll ever meet.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 10:11 PM
little late with this but.....

flash15.. NOBODY on hartsville could be #7's waterboy...let alone star over him so lets get that straight
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/11/04 10:11 PM
is that a joke. irmo killed yall 12-0. not just beat yall. they pretty much killed ya. like i might not ever want to play soccer after a performance like that. and as for your players starting for irmo, they might have a tough time making irmo's jv team. and i believe #7 made odp region III pool this past summer, so when your players even make the district team in just the state, then get back on here.

[ May 11, 2004, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Kyle Heise ]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 12:17 PM
You are out of your mind if you think Hartsville has players that wouldn't make Irmo's JV team. That annoys me to no end we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the second time in school history. We didn't perform that well, but we still made it. We have some outstanding individual players, but we have some big holes that is why we struggle. We also have no depth and almost everyone on our team has played a ton of minutes. It is personally insulting to say something like "nobody on Hartsville could be #7s waterboy." I am almost positive that recinthca has never seen my team play so where can he make that judgement from. I am pretty sure no one questioned #7s playing ability or said that Hartsville could be Irmo if we played them again. NO ONE ever said that Irom wasn't a great team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 12:20 PM
How does microcm987 know if some of our players have made district team or not? Do you live in our district?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 03:33 PM
if hartsville is 'your' team then, yea, i have seen yall play (irmo) and it was horrible. it wasnt even a game where u can say that u just 'had a bad night'....u can tell when a team is just bad. hartsville's 'go-to' guy which, i guess is supposed to be their best player, was probably pablo and theres no way u can honestly say he would start on irmo.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 04:52 AM
Hartsville and Irmo are not on the same page, not even the same book. I don't see what the argument is...Irmo is a dominant team which has players that have been playing with eachother for YEARS (CSC club team), and Hartsville is just another 4A school which doesn't really have to selection pool to have a strong team. Secondly, there are not really any classic and club teams around Hartsville. So buck up...Irmo is the team, but give Hartsville some credit for getting as far as they did.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 08:11 PM
Irmo won and they are obviously better so just leave it at that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/12/04 10:45 PM
Hartsville does have a club team mixed with Florence players. And I know that some of the players from Hartsville could play for Irmo if they had the team at the high school level as they did at club level. Your right, Irmo plays together all the time, but Hartsville does have a handful of guys that are smart and know what is going on in the game and could play for a top team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 11:33 AM
Your kidding right? I mean if you are, that's really funny. If you not, that's really sad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 12:28 PM
First off I would like to say that I never said that Hartsville was better than Irmo. Second off, the infamous Coach Phil asked one of our players after the game to play club for CSC, so I suppose he sucks so bad that your coach wants him to play just to make an idiot out of himself. I saw Irmo play because I was in the game and I still hold to the point that Pablo would start for Irmo. Ask James Island if Pablo can play.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 12:51 PM
And...even though I hate to admit it I think that after the beating Irmo put on HH I think Irmo is going to beat Northwestern on Saturday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 01:45 PM
I wish the best to Northwestern on Saturday. They will need all the help they can get since Irmo plays a nasty game. It's unfortunate since they do have some outstanding players. They will kick the ball from the hands of your goalie, run after another player and body slam them instead of using their skills to obtain the ball,climb on your back until you fall to the ground, and will openly give rude hand jestures to the people in the stands while an assistant coach observes. Only to have Irmo parents make comments that it's okay because the game is over.

Since you will be playing in Columbia you may request ref's from outside the area. The ref was a joke. Not one Irmo player received a card for their actions. At every game home or away game players from both teams has received a card....but not Irmo!!! What a shock!

Irmo may have beaten numerous teams however they have little or no respect from anyone outside their "circle". There is a large amount of respect for the young men who play Irmo, continue to play the game correctly and refrain from the trashy tactics.

GOOD LUCK NORTHWESTERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 02:22 PM
I never said Irmo was a bad team, they are a great team. They beat us, they are better, that is what winning means, the better team won. But for you to still say we are a bad team and judge us based on that one game is preposterous. If Hartsville played together for a couple years prior to that game it would be different. Pablo is not the only Hartsville player that would start for Irmo, the player coach Phil asked to play for his club team would easily make the Irmo team. I really hope Northwestern can win, but Irmo will win, Northwestern will have to play their best game, and Irmo one of their worst.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 02:47 PM
Irmo plays an extremely physical game...don't know that i would call it dirty though. if you ever watch the really great teams play in the champions league, or any league for that matter, you'll see that they play physical. i'm sure irmo does put in some cheap shots here and there. but can you honestly say that you've never done something like that? i'd like to say that i've never done it, but the truth is i have. as for the refs not callin the game both ways, and possibly favoring irmo over anyone else...its possible. great teams get calls called there way. it's that way in every sport.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 03:03 PM
I think you are confusing respect (or lack there of) for competativeness. Irmo does respect quality opponents. I've said it before, no respect earned, none given. Teams like HH that come in and make a good showing, we respect. I thought HH was one of if not the best team irmo has played all year. Irmo is just on a high that i have never seen before, and i have seen a lot of irmo soccer in the past 3 years. This team has the heart and desire to get back to the top the way it should be. Good luck to both teams on sat. but northwestern needs to bring their "A" game to memorial.
Posted By: James Gray Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 03:07 PM
tricky1,
Once again we have another fan of a team that has been beat in the playoffs. I am sure that you are a good fan, but it is like a broken record year after year. Everyone bashes Irmo because they win. I am positive that Irmo does not, as you put it, "kick the ball from the hands of your goalie, run after another player and body slam them instead of using their skills to obtain the ball, climb on your back until you fall to the ground". These are all excuses for losing a game. From what I heard, Hilton Head was pretty much dominated, and didn't have a chance. Better luck next year! Irmo plays a controlled aggresive type of game, if you are going to be good, this is the type of game you have to play. There is a difference between agressive and dirty play. Irmo is not a dirty team.
Posted By: 2004striker Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 03:49 PM
OK guys. One more pick and I will win the
$ 1,000,000 pick'um prize offered by Kyle and scsoccer.com!! **Go Trojans**
(These were my picks on May 26):

posted May 06, 2004 10:37 AM (Wando #1 ?? No way. They have played no one ALL YEAR. Look at the comparison of won-loss opponent records - Wando 177-234-8
Dutch Fork 235-177-12. How is Wando #1?? How??) Dutch Fork could easily take out Wando today, but if they don't:
Quarterfinals will be:
Upperstate
TL Hanna v. Northwestern
Spring Valley v. Aiken
Lowerstate
Summerville v. Irmo
Hilton Head v. Wando

Semis
Upper-Northwestern v. Spring Valley
Lower-Irmo v. Hilton Head
Final
Irmo v. Northwestern
CHAMP - NORTHWESTERN (Irmo players/coaches again refuse to accept 2nd place trophy and medals like they did in 2002.)
But it sounds like both teams are on bigtime end of season runs (Irmo 13 in a row, NW 17 in a row), which is what you want to have for a championship game. It should be a great game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 05:41 PM
not that it matters but Spring Valley played the toughest schedule by far with an oppenents win-loss record of 398-207-13.
It obviously prepared them for the playoffs unlike Wando's and Socastee's schedules
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/13/04 06:29 PM
All this chatter about who could start for who is ridiculous and unimportant!! If IRMO beat you then lick your wounds and try again next year. They beat us in the first round 4-1.....they were better, simple as that. Next year we will be better and try again but none of our guys are talking about starting for IRMO, B/C we have our own team in Beaufort. Show some pride and worry about making yourself and your team better! As for dirty IRMO play.I did not see it! They played hard agressive clean soccer and won fair and square. Maybe somebody talked a little trash....combat that with hard work to make a statement on the field not crying foul.

Winning teams don't give it away..You've got to take it. IRMO has it, lets see if NW can take it!

Good luck to you!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/19/04 12:11 PM
Once again someone is making judgement on an individual making a comment after watching a game. Sorry if people took my comments as being a "unhappy" individual due to the loss to Irmo. Of course HH was unhappy, and Irmo has an incredible team however, the way they played against HH wasn't aggresive it was nasty. You can not justify jumping on a players back or pushing the goalie from the back with both hands. This type behavior continued throughout the game. That is not how kids, remember these are kids, are supposed to play!

So I guess it was alright for a player to flip off the HH parents while a coach stood by? To me that doesn't represent good ethics!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/19/04 12:22 PM
face it. Winning with a PK is always a cheesy way to win. Even if it's on a good call (which IMHO was not the case).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/19/04 01:00 PM
jmr420 - look at SV schedule. Beat Pinewood Prep 2x with a 20 - 5 record = 40 / 10. They lost to the teams with good records except with a win at Aiken and Summerville. You need to look at the team / class / record. If your a 4A school playing 1A/2A schools with .750 records, that doesn't carry much weight.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/19/04 01:34 PM
I witnessed HH parents throwing quarters and pennies at Irmo players on the field all game. They also hit many of the coaches too. To top it off at the end of the game, they started throwing BATTERIES, yes BATTERIES at players. Thats very classy.
Posted By: Kyle Heise Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/19/04 02:16 PM
'Oldjacket', I had the opportunity to watch Pinewood Prep at the Carolina Soccer Classic in February and at the Palmetto Cup in April and the Panthers had a very good team this season ... Pinewood Prep compiled a 5-5-1 record vs. non-private school teams and defeated Bishop England (2A Runner-Up) twice, 4A James Island (4-1) and tied Shades Valley of Alabama, which I believe won the 6A state championship ... They also knocked off 2A Semifinalist Pendleton (4-3) ... The Panthers lost 3-2 to 3A Lower State champion Myrtle Beach, 3-2 and 3-1 to 4A Semifinalist Spring Valley, and also lost to 4A playoff teams Summerville (4-2) and Lexington (4-2) ... Pinewood Prep dominated the SCISA competition this year with a 10-0 region record and outscored their three playoff opponents 16-1.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/20/04 04:38 AM
lexsoccer --

Could you give us a little more information about the batteries? Are we talking full D cells, like in a Maglite flashlight or were they the little AAA's? I figure a triple A thrown by an average arm really couldn't do much damage unless it hit you in the eye or happened to go through your mouth, down your throat and choked you. A "D" cell, on the other hand, could knock you out or otherwise do some true bodily harm. If you didn't see exactly what kind of batteries they were, we might be able to figure it out based on the electronic devices they were carrying. Thanks in advance.

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/22/04 12:38 PM
Lexsoccer you are a complete liar. I know for a fact that not one HH parent threw quarters or batteries at anyone! If a kid, there to support HH, threw something then they should have been removed from the area. I completly agree that throwing items is inappropriate. However, don't you dare imply that parents were behind that kind of behavior because that is not how HH parents conduct business!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/22/04 01:50 PM
Those must have been some big kids then. I don't see how I could have been mistaken if I was sitting 10 yards away from them. Unless those "kids" were in their mid 40's then I'm pretty sure they were parents. The HH team was actually very classy. No cheap shots or anything like that but their fans showed their true colors. The batteries were mid sized, I would guess a AA or AAA!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/22/04 03:29 PM
I was there next to the HH fans as well. There was nothing thrown at anyone. That was a complete lie. There are teams in this state that can take a loss gracefully. Apparently the team lexsoccer supports can not, as he is resigned to making it look as though other teams are as sad as he is.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/22/04 03:32 PM
I was also near the HH section until about 20 minutes left in game (why were HH fans sitting on the Irmo side?) but did not see anyone throw anything. The language they used to vilify the ref was extremely strong, though, and was definitly coming from adults. I wonder if anyone thinks about all the young children around them when they do this. Do they act like that at home?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 12:03 AM
unbiased observer,

I was there, I was hit by two pennies. I don't think our own fans (Irmo) threw them (considering the HH parents and fans were directly behind us). you might want to shut up unless it happened to you first hand. Don't be so bias especially when you don't know what was going on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 01:54 PM
Calcio and lexsoccer how bout yall just shut the the hell up no one f*****g cares who threw the s**t irmo won the game and that is all that matters. You were hit by two pennies who gives a rats ass. In the heat of a game, that means as much as that one did, people get cuaght up in there emotions. And you cant say much becuase the student section was throwin s**t too. so i guess it equals out in the end. So how bout you quit whinning bout the pennies and batteries and go play some soccer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 04:23 AM
That is the most ignorant post i have ever read. If batteries and pennies were being thrown, the bench should have notified the resource officers and let them handle it. No call for that, heat of game or not.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 05:12 PM
hey irmo4now your pretty gay how bout you stop post things and get a life. Shut up Egg I don't want to hear it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 05:53 PM
who cares
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 06:00 PM
Did I ask you no so shut up!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 07:23 PM
tru dude you're cool...if you want everyone to shutup then go make your own forum so you can talk to yourself cause no one really likes readin your posts either
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 08:50 PM
Hey shut up shballer10 how about you go start another fight with Hilton Head and get beat up alright. I don't remeber asking you for your opinion so how about you shut up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 09:03 PM
well i dont know that youve done anything exciting except for talkin trash..at least youre good at somethin. oh yeah next time i want to post my opinion ill ask for your approval
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/24/04 09:17 PM
thats right b**** you better ask me
Posted By: Coach Young Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 02:24 AM
I have a hard time reading through all the * marks. I have decided to join the axis powers against dudeman. Listen carefully, dm. I want you to go find your 4th, 5th, and 6th grade grammar teachers...and slap them. They have done you a great injustice.
Posted By: laplageauxfolles Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 02:30 AM
R!C --

Did he say "b****" again? He's going to have to explain himself, I think. Too many variables. He propably can't slap his 6th grade teacher -- he isn't there yet. And then he'd have to decide which of his three 4th grade teachers to go after...

lpaf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 07:09 PM
A true schm*ck

www.geocities.com/skeleton_boy4/allabout.html
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 10:39 PM
hey guys i bet you that I have better luck with your mothers and your girlfriends than yall do ok shut the hell up. I got to give it up irmo4now for making that for me now thats funny.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/25/04 10:42 PM
if you have time to make a page about then that means you don't have a life Irmo4now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/26/04 10:13 AM
It really wasn't a problem.....glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: AliCruzco Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/26/04 02:38 PM
I'm not a part of 4A, but I have to say, I've read the last two pages of posts, and I am now dumber for having read them. Stop with the immature cut downs. Rather than talk smack on here, prove yourselves on a field as real soccer players do. None of you are ever going to settle anything, by insulting eachothers intelligence, schools, families, etc. Play eachother in a good game of soccer, or take a look at other games, and let that determine who's better. Oh and there are always going to be unfortunate circumstances in any game, in fact I would venture to say in just about every game you can blame your loss on something. A win is a win, so stop complaining.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/26/04 11:09 PM
Dudeman is the worst champion for his own arguement. How can you possibly get on someones case for whining and then proceed to make the biggest whining specatacle of jackassery know to man of yourself in the same post?!?!?! Seriously, that guy needs some debating skill because the "Did I ask your opinion?" line lost it's luster soemtime right after color television came out. We should start a charitable foundation to help out posters such as dudeman. Everyone deserves some basic unalienable rights in life and being able to defend your position on a message board without looking like a moron should be one of those rights. Rest easy dudeman, help is on the way! Now, i'm off to with R1C to find your middle school teachers and to secure myself a written copy from your attorneys of your permission for me to post an opinion contradictory to yours without fear of being called a b**ch. Even worse, you may continue with your current antics and further undermine our efforts to help you. I hate to see a wasted mastery of the English language.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/28/04 07:40 PM
68, you should have graced us more often on the girls board. I hope you'll make that trip more often next year. Good luck with Dudeman. He has hurt my feelings and I will not play anymore with him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: A A A A PLAY - OFFS - 05/31/04 03:13 PM
If they had an "awake in the middle of the night feeding baby" board, I would of been on that one much morew often. Besides, I wouldn't want all the girls at Lexington mad at me too. LOL!
© SC Soccer