Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 02:36 AM
Dreher 2 BC 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 02:45 AM
SA 3-0
Posted By: cm15-90min Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 02:55 AM
wilson hall - 2
ben lippen - 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:24 AM
i'm interested in the details of the dixie palmetto game. can somebody help?
Posted By: Coach Cady Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:27 AM
GSSM - 3
Buford - 0
Posted By: zidane10 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:34 AM
Any details on the Ben Lippen and Wilson Hall game?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:37 AM
mj_barrs.. what do u mean the details? Score wise or how the game went?
Posted By: MP Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:53 AM
Did Wilson Hall really beat BL? That's surprising unless BL was missing players for some reason. If anyone has details please post.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:56 AM
South 3 V. Crestwood 3

PK's- 1-3 Crestwood

By far the most worst officiated game ever. THe refs made two calls against crestwood and about 10 or more against South! None of the refs knew what they were doing. one of our kids got two yellows for crap calls that shouldn't even have been made. I hope that no one ever has one of those refs or even both of them for a game. Two of Crestwood's goals were scored off sides, but of course the ref did not make the call. Another player was bluntly tackled in front of the ref, and he didnt even make the call. He gave our player his second yellow then and didn't even acknowledge the illegal tackle....WORST OFFICIALS EVER!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:00 AM
Did Christ Church and Southside Christian play tonight?
Posted By: MustangSoccer9 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:01 AM
dixie beat us pretty soundly tonight, but i hope they dont expect that next game when we have our goalie, there a good team tho, 1a needs to watch out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:03 AM
ya mason, *AliCruzco* from SCS called me tonight.. Christ Church won 3-0... sounds like he said two sets pieces, one from a hand ball in the box and a foul in the box..2-0 at half time.. and CC had a legit goal second half...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 06:13 AM
Yeah it was a good game, but it was very poorly officiated, as always. The first 2 minutes of the game Christ Church gets a throw in on their 5 foot wide piece of crap field and they throw it in the box and the ref cards a guy from our team for "holding onto his jersey." so they score 1 there from a PK. Then w/ about 4 minutes left in the first half the ball gets dinked around the box and when we tried to clear it out "the ball hit our guys hand." (But I guess the refs don't understand the ball playing the hand or hand playing the ball rule) So that puts them up 2-0 at halftime. Then about halfway through the second half they played a ball into the middle and i mad a big mistake in the back and gave them a 1 on 1. I think Christ Church though for the first time won't show up to our field knowing the game's already over. We have a few things to work on, but we'll be ready for them at home on our nice, big field. I don't think that we're any better than they are and they certaintly possess better than we do, but there's no way anybody can say they're gonna beat us hands down. Major props to Fletch and Penn in the middle, ya'll controlled your team well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 12:54 PM
Pinewood 2:0 Beufort Academy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 01:19 PM
MB 5

Carolina Forest 0
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 01:41 PM
Wilson Hall defeated Ben Lippen 2-1 in PKs (4-2). The Barons scored first and led until BL got the equalizer with 7 minutes left. WH's keeper Preston Kight stopped 2 BL shots in the shootout. The Barons are an improved but still young team with only 2 senior starters.They played a defensive oriented style and scored on a counter. WH's best player Brendan Kight played pretty much a D Mid role and only took 1 shot. Ben Lippen seems to be fairly young as well as will improve as the season goes on. CN and Heathwood appear to be the teams to beat in the North region and Pinewood and HHC in the South. Don't count BL out yet as they will beat some good teams and be a factor before its all over.
Posted By: Bear Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 02:28 PM
DCA,

So I guess poorly officiated means you and yours "got caught", since as you stated elsewhere, anything the ref doesn't see is fair game. Using your logic could imply that it was well officiated, not poorly officiated.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:16 PM
Hanahan 5
Andrews 2
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 03:58 PM
Pinewood 2
Beaufort Academy 0

1-0 at the half

a very well played game by pinewood. great hustle from pinewood's strikers. it was a great matchup against two very young teams. and pretty much a pinewood offense vs BA defense game. well played all around and good sportsmanship.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:21 PM
Any Comment on the BC Vs. Dreher game? Andrew Evans diving in the box, to score BC's only goal?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:39 PM
Evans 3 Aiken High 2
Posted By: benp Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 04:57 PM
I would have to give props to the wilson hall coach, he had them play very defensively the entire time. Most of the game there were 11 people in or near the box when ben lippen had the ball, and they couldn't get shots off. Also wilson hall got lucky when they injured the ben lippen sweeper, who is extremely fast, and then with him on the sideline, they played 1 through ball to their very fast forward, and he finished.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 05:13 AM
Bear- Just take a few minutes a watch a Champion's League game next time it comes on ESPN 2 and you watch when they go up for headers in the box. Any high level soccer coach teaches his players that you keep a guy tight with you in the air by putting your hand on his jersey. I thought the refs did a fine job other than being way too giving with things in the box. A game shouldn't be decided by that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 06:20 PM
Anyone know the Waccamaw-Mullins score. I just want to know if Waccamaw got into the double digits or not.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 06:25 PM
Is Mullins' mascot the Auctioneer..i've heard this..but..don't believe it.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 06:33 PM
Benp, I'm trying hard to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Why would a team that leads for most of the game play for pk's. I have a hard time figuring that out.I must say though that I did expect you to come up with some off the wall comment or excuse. I don't believe I have seen you give any credit to any of the 4 teams to defeat Ben Lippen.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 07:14 PM
Lincoln, that is the exact strategy I saw emplyed by the CESA U17 Premier team just a few weeks ago to win Score at the Shore Tournament in Jacksonville. Only 11 players were available, so the coach employed a strategy of having numbers back on defense and trying to hit the opponent on counter attacks. It worked well enough for that team to win 7 games in 4 days against good competition from across the country . There is no doubt that Coach O'Hare of Wilson Hall felt he had a manpower disadvantage going into the game, but to suggest he was playing for pk's is ludicrous.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 07:18 PM
Not so fast my friend ........From all I heard(from a CESA coach) that this year's Score at the Shore was watered down(excuse the pun. Great job to win the tourney but the best teams across the country....I think not.
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 07:24 PM
I don't have any comments about the BC/Dreher game, because it was too cold outside and I've been home sick for two days with the crud.

Sounds like a typical game from the recap Dreher posted. Looks like there were some fireworks at the end. Lots of the same names and the stats looked pretty even.

Will probably be more of the same next time!

PS - Mullins' nickname is the Auctioneers. I should know, because I'm originally from the great stump of South Carolina, Galivant's Ferry!
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 07:25 PM
I believe the post says "good competition from across the country", no where does it say "best teams." We have already discussed the strength of the tournament and agreed it was not Disney. But, that had nothing to do with the point of my post.
Posted By: Bear Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 07:48 PM
DCA,

I understand your point. Having not been at the game myself, I can't comment on the call made. I can assure you however, that every referee that I've ever talked to doesn't want to be put in a position that a call he does/doesn't make decides the outcome of a match. I don't know what the referee coded the card that he gave for "pulling the shirt". I haven't heard of that one, it could have been PI or any number of things.

But hardly can a PK in the 2nd minute of the match be considered deciding the outcome of the match.
Posted By: benp Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 08:56 PM
I don't claim to be unbiased about BL soccer, but I did say that the chapin game was a well fought match and that they had many opportunities. I also said that Dreher played very well and outplayed us, but in the Wilson Hall game, they scored at the very end of the first half, and I meant that they did not really try hard to score again. And then when ben lippen scored they still played very conservatively even in overtime. I did give them the credit, I have no problem with defensive style of play, and they used it to beat bl fair and square. Wilson Hall is much improved and will probably be in the top 4 in our region this year.
Posted By: benp Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 08:57 PM
(I did not mean to come across as an excuse on our part, but rather the reason that they stopped us). Good luck on the season, and We look forward to our next meeting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 09:19 PM
I read in the Dreher recap of the BC game, that there was a contreversial goal not scored by BC late in the second half. Any details?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 09:29 PM
BC threw the ball in and it went in the back of the net. originally it was ruled a goal, but after talking with the other ref they decided that it did not touch another player, therefor it was ruled a no-goal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/09/05 10:26 PM
I agree that one call in the first 2 minutes doesn't end the game, though it is quite demeaning. But after they get a second PK and score, when, for the first time in three years we're actually hanging in the game with them and they're not ripping shots at our goal every 10 seconds it starts to take the moral of your team way down.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 03:15 AM
Conway 2 - 3 Hartsville

Hartsville scored with a minute to play in the game to win it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 03:27 AM
Any comments on the SA-Spring Valley game?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 03:29 AM
SA is overrated, they got lucky
Posted By: The Hammer Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 04:17 AM
I haven't seen them play, but how do you get lucky to win 3-0?
Posted By: benp Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 04:21 AM
it seems that after beating irmo, bc, spring valley, and lexington they deserve to be where they are.
Posted By: pappy15 Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 04:44 AM
Yea no kidding they are real good and probably the team to beat in the state.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Tuesday Scores 3/8 - 03/10/05 01:05 PM
Calhoun Academy 7 Thomas Sumter 6

went 2 pks and Calhoun came out on top
© SC Soccer