SC Soccer
Posted By: BinaT Coaching Salaries - 06/08/05 10:49 PM
How much is a normal soccer coach's supplement? Do coaches usually make more money at the larger programs? If anyone has any data on this it would be great.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/08/05 10:58 PM
I will "PM" you some info.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/09/05 12:22 AM
yeah, does anyone know the salaries of the high school coaches?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/09/05 01:28 AM
Different for each district. Those that are fortunate get peanuts. Those that are not get the shells...
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/09/05 04:15 AM
The school district sets the stipend for each individual sport. For instance, every football coach in Greenville County gets the same amount from the District. Boys soccer will get a different amount than football and girls soccer will get a different amount than boys soccer.

Now, stipends differ from District to District (Greenville to Charleston, Lexington 1 to Lexington 2, etc).

Also, some Booster Clubs may be willing to throw in extra money to suplement what the District supplies.
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/09/05 04:21 AM
Actually I mis-spoke. I believe "soccer" gets a stipend whether it's boys or girls. "Baseball" and "softball" get a different stipend than soccer, etc.
Posted By: BinaT Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/09/05 10:38 PM
Do any districts pay by a percentage of the coach's teaching salary? I know there are some schools in Georgia that pay based on percentage; so when his/her teaching salary increases because of years worked, masters, etc, the coaching stipend also increases. This keeps more experienced teachers involved in athletics and other activities.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/10/05 01:58 AM
I wish.
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/10/05 02:55 AM
Districts do increase coaching salaries according to years experience. The average increase is about $50 a year in my case.

In a percentage basis, my caching salary is about 1.5% of my teaching salary. Here in Charleston, classified employees are not allowed to coach b/c they were putting in for overtime. Because they are "classified" staff, they get overtime for anything over 40 hours a week.

Classified employees know exactly what they are getting in to just like certified emplyees. If classified emplyees are given overtime, on top of the coaching stipend, then so should certified teachers.
Posted By: the voice of reason Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/10/05 03:01 AM
oops, forgot to carry the 1......

it's not 1.5%.... it's about 4%. . .
Posted By: Coach Cady Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/11/05 04:13 AM
Wait, Coaches are supposed to get paid?????????? [Confused]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coaching Salaries - 06/10/05 08:21 PM
Let's just say soccer coaches do it for the love of the game and their players! They are not teachers trying to make extra bucks, which has probably helped SC soccer out. However, we are at a point where stipends may be a speed bump to get educated, highly skilled young coaches into high schools. I am a hired gun, which is not the best way to run a program. BUT that is the only way I can afford to do what I love. I give back because I know what my coaches did for me, they could never be paid enough for the knowledge they gave me!!
© SC Soccer