SC Soccer
Posted By: futballer117 SCISA - 03/06/06 06:47 PM
who looks to be the best team in scisa this year year or so far this year i heard porter gaud tied bishop england and also heard pinewood preps pretty good too
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/06/06 10:41 PM
Hammond is going to be really good they have a lot of seniors and juniors i think.Also Ben Lippen and Cardinal Newman are going to be really good as well from what i have heard of them so far and i don't know about heathwood but they lost basically a whole team and half worth of seniors.So from all that i would have to say Ben Lippen is the best right now in the upperstate and pinewood for the lowerstate but don't know the better team overall
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/06/06 11:09 PM
So far, Porter Gaud has impressed me thoroughly with a win over Hammond and a Tie with Bishop England. I would have to say (based on results) they are the best in lowerstate. Ben Lippen is the best in upperstate, but they don't plan on overlooking Hammond, who appears to be ready to challenge for a number 1 seed in the upperstate. And Cardinal Newman will play them simply because they are Cardinal Newman. Also the new coach at Cardinal Newman could make all the difference with them this year due to their heavy losses from last years team.
Posted By: chucktowngoalie Re: SCISA - 03/06/06 11:48 PM
This is going to be funny but does anyone know if First baptist has gotten any better? i was just wondering because i am starting to feel kinda sorry for them.
Posted By: futballer117 Re: SCISA - 03/06/06 11:54 PM
I know that we play in the first baptist tournament and i heard they wasn't that good this year also but i cant really say anything beyond that
Posted By: soccer_is_life1 Re: SCISA - 03/08/06 02:25 AM
they are just as bad as any other year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/10/06 12:06 AM
WILSON HALL IS GONNA DOMINATE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:02 AM
i have a feeling there are a few ben lippen players who might like to change your opinion on that one...twice
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:05 AM
responding to the first baptist question, they notched a huge victory on the 8th defeating northwoods in a 2-1 thriller. yeah they probably arnt very strong
Posted By: MPSCplayer73 Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:10 AM
yea porter gaud and pinewood prep both look solid this year
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:35 AM
I don't understand what you are talking about Clemson...please specify.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:39 AM
just that i feel that your school is going to take care of buisness and prove that the statement of "WILSON HALL IS GONNA DOMINATE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to not be accurate
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:43 AM
oh...I gotcha. I was thinking you meant my opinion...i've been reading into stuff lately...After their game tonight (despite the absence of Kight) I don't think anyone will question that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 04:20 AM
it was not just brendan...5 more starters werent out there
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 04:33 AM
oh, brendan told me that there were 3 seniors on some sort of senior trip, he didn't say anything about 5
Posted By: BDad11 Re: SCISA - 03/11/06 03:05 PM
rr0101,if you are a player, do your talking ON the field.If you are not a varsity player, please refrain from making posts like your first. That certainly doesn't help anybody.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/14/06 09:55 PM
To First Baptist commments,
We play Porter Gaud tonight, but we will be missing one of our startering forwards due to a concussion he had. We are better this year than we have been in at least 5 years that i have played there. We have a young offense but our defense is pretty solid. We are going to try out a new formation tonight so we will see how it works. Do not feel sorry for us.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/15/06 02:03 AM
there were 5 players out and that really hurt with 4 being starters. it was 2 juniors and 2 seniors on the trip and 1 senior couldn't play. it really sucks that we couldn't play cardinal newman at full strength but you just have to take it and move on and try to take a crack at them later. hopefully it will be a better game against Ben Lippen

and rr0101 don't post something like that again that was extremely stupid and no one on the team wants people talking like that on here or anywhere else for that matter
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/15/06 02:35 AM
I hope you'll have all your players in the Ben Lippen game. I look forward to Thursday, hopefully Wilson hall can have a viable shot at a postseason this year.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: SCISA - 03/15/06 03:40 PM
Benp, WH should be at full strength come Thursday. WH knows they have a huge task ahead of them as the WH coach told me he fully expects this BL team to be the best team WH has played in the 8 or so years he has been at WH.(WH hasn't played PW or PG in 7 or so years).
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/15/06 09:55 PM
The guys appreciate the vote of confidence, and I hope they won't dissapoint you. Ha. Where is Brenden planning to play if in fact he is planning to play?
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/17/06 03:17 AM
Wilson Hall 2
Ben Lippen 0
Posted By: soccer_is_life1 Re: SCISA - 03/17/06 09:04 PM
PW beat BE last night so that should put PW at the top of SCISA
Posted By: soccer_is_life1 Re: SCISA - 03/17/06 09:05 PM
pretty much making them the team to beat
Posted By: schrecky Re: SCISA - 03/17/06 11:33 PM
that and WH's upset. Isn't that two years in a row now? That will probably drop BL down to 3 or 4.
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: SCISA - 03/17/06 11:35 PM
In other SCISA news.. Ben Lippen's Zach Arnold was spotted in Columbiana Mall today. That is all.
Posted By: chucktowngoalie Re: SCISA - 03/18/06 02:13 AM
how is beaufort academy this year?
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/18/06 07:33 PM
what was the score between porter gaud and BA today?
Posted By: chucktowngoalie Re: SCISA - 03/20/06 05:55 AM
PG 1
BA 0
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/19/06 06:00 PM
BA must be improving
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/23/06 02:00 AM
does any one know how Heathwood is this year?
Posted By: Goooalaso Re: SCISA - 03/23/06 02:14 AM
WOODRUFF 8 HILLCREST 1 (GIRLS)
Posted By: cap'n walt Re: SCISA - 03/23/06 02:31 AM
we, ben lippen, beat heathwood 5-1 last night they got a good sweeper in #8 i think, zurcher. I also remember the small black guy up top talked a lot.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/23/06 02:37 AM
thanks cap'n walt
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/23/06 04:56 AM
JB Bell
Posted By: BDad11 Re: SCISA - 03/24/06 02:29 PM
Full slate of Region play in SCISA 3-27 to 3-31

Monday
HHP at Pinewood
WH at Heathwood

Tues
BL at Hammond
OP at CN
Pinewood at Northwoods

Thurs
WH at Hammond

Friday
CN at BL
HHC at HHP
Hammond at Heathwood (schedule also has Hammond in Greenville tourney , so this could be wrong)
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA - 03/24/06 02:37 PM
Hammond vs Heathwood game was rescheudled to accomodate Hammond playing in a tournament in Greenville on that same night. The two teams will competer the following Thursday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/24/06 02:42 PM
how nice.
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/24/06 06:13 PM
Hammond Ben Lippen is also in the process of being rescheduled. (I don't know the reason for this one).
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/25/06 03:39 AM
The Ben Lippen Hammond game is being rescheduled because many of the juniors i believe will be out of the country on some school trip, and they won't have nearly their full squad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: SCISA - 03/25/06 02:39 PM
How is HHCA doing this season? Any word on how their team is looking this year? And what key players returned from last year's team and who didn't?
Posted By: benp Re: SCISA - 03/26/06 07:24 AM
It appears that there was no practical date for the BL hammond game to be changed to, so the game is set for Tuesday.
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA - 03/26/06 03:11 PM
what time is the Ben Lippen vs Hammond game on Tuesday? Is it still @ Hammond @ 6:30? How many players will Hammond be missing?
Posted By: JP11 Re: SCISA - 03/28/06 03:11 AM
Ya the game is at Hammond at 6:30pm and hammond will be shorthanded because 3 juniors are away on a junior field trip. I wish we could play yall at full strength.
Posted By: whsweeper Re: SCISA - 03/28/06 03:31 AM
Wilson Hall 3 Heathwood Hall 1

Hard fought match for a while and then WH turned on the heat in the 2nd half and the play was focused a lot on heathwood's end while in the first half it was more towards WH's goal. Good game though and can't wait to play them again.

P.S.- sorry heathwood coach for our fans earlier they tend to get a little rowdy.
Posted By: Playmaker Re: SCISA - 03/28/06 01:09 PM
Thanks whsweeper. Well played match by your team. We look forward to the next contest at your place.
© SC Soccer