SC Soccer
Posted By: hardcoldtruth James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 03:38 AM
Who will win this match-up on Tuesday?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 03:57 AM
Wando and James Island are both tough, strong, and fast teams, showing that lowcountry soccer is definatly something to be recond with....but i'm gonna go with a furious wando (after the 2-1 loss @ west ashley) beating the Trojans 1-0.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 12:05 PM
Big Rivalary game. I'll have to say JI 2- Wando 1 after PKS.
Posted By: Thierry Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 01:29 PM
Going on facts - JI beat Hilton Head while HH beat Wando - JI 3 Wando 1
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 02:00 PM
Hard to judge a team's strength by one-goal-margin victories without actually watching the game and seeing who controlled the ball, scoring opportunities, etc.; that said, having watched both teams play, JI looks really strong and disciplined. Wando looks great too, but I'll call JI by 1 in regulation.
Posted By: OldRef Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 02:04 PM
You can't measure by HH, as HH was messing with their line-up early and didn't really put things together until after the JI game. Both teams are very good, control the ball well; but both lack a dominant player that can win a tough game for you when the other team takes you out of what you want to do. That being said, you can't make any mistakes or have a let down against either of these teams or they will make you pay. Should be a great game.
Posted By: chashunely Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 03:18 PM
this is going to be a great game to watch, porter
massey for JI and ralphie lundie for wando, i predict ji 3-1
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 03:33 PM
this is always a good game. last year both wins for wando and one in pks at JI. Should be a great match up tomorrow. This game will come down to who wants it more.
Posted By: OnTheField Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 05:53 AM
Wando's defense will shut Porter down. Porter will over run Ralphie as Ralphie is slow at running.
Posted By: OnTheField Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 05:54 AM
P.S. - I'm pulling for Wando.
Posted By: benp Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 06:36 PM
I don't think James Island is gonna play with them very long. 1-0 early for JI, but as the game goes on, Wando pulls it out 3-1.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/27/06 07:22 PM
all i can say is JI better watch out for a furious Wando team after that lose to Wando

JI 2
Wando 1
Posted By: soccer2888 Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 12:22 AM
ManUTD ... if you want to use that logic then Beaufort beat JI and Wando beat Beaufort so shouldn't Wando win?? Or how about DF beat Irmo and SV beat DF so shouldn't SV have beaten Irmo but look what happened, Irmo beat SV. I hate when people do that. Just b/c team A beats team B and team B beats team C doesn't make team A better than team C. As we've seen over and over again this year, on any given day, anyone can win. Each game is different and the only two teams that matter are the ones playing.
As for JI and Wando, its gonna be a war tomorrow night and 4Adef is right. Whoever wants it more tomorrow night will come out victorious.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 02:07 AM
another example you could of used was beaufort beat west ashley 3-0 and west ashley beat wando 2-1 but wando beat beaufort 4-0 that logic just dosent work in soccer i belive this will go to over time and ji will win 1-0
Posted By: Thierry Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 02:15 AM
geez...didn't know that i would cause such an outbreak with my opinion...ive seen both teams...call it logic or whatever...but my opinion is still JI 3 - Wando 1 (all of that hh beat wando and JI beat hh stuff aside)
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 04:09 AM
onthefield....ralph isnt even slow anymore and he can cut up anyone in the league so it wouldnt even matter.

my prediction 2-2.....game is called late in 2nd due to earthquake. ends in a draw
Posted By: lookatmeimatree Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 04:25 AM
or a volcano eruption wichever
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 04:32 AM
I dont think Wando will let that many goals in. I have seen their keeper be a little shaky but for the most part he's solid. Wando 2 James Island 1.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/28/06 04:45 AM
anyones game! Just depends on who "shows" up to play! Best of luck to both teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 02:35 AM
WHO WON?
Posted By: OnTheField Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 02:43 AM
Wando - 3 -2 in PK's
Posted By: soccer2888 Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 02:45 AM
Regulation and overtime ended 1-1 and Wando won the PK shootout 3-2.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 03:31 AM
who took the pks?
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 04:44 AM
i heard Mccracken for JI had a sick PK
Posted By: Bigsby, Clayton Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 04:46 AM
I'm glad you can make PKs. A strike from 12 yards out with the keeper on his line shouldn't be hard.

How can anything about a PK be "sick" unless it rips through the net or knocks the keeper into it?
Posted By: LAMPSHADE Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 02:15 PM
it was a joke. it was the worst pk ever and it went 80 feet over the goal
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/29/06 04:33 PM
it was a good game. hard fought. JI scored with about 20 left in the second half. Wando scored with about 5 left. no score in over time. Wando's keeper saved 2 pks and a miss over the top by McCracken. wando 3 JI 2 in pks. good win for wando after their loss to WA last week.
Posted By: Bigsby, Clayton Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/30/06 05:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LAMPSHADE:
it was a joke. it was the worst pk ever and it went 80 feet over the goal

hahahhaha

NICE!
Posted By: 4Adefender Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/30/06 05:26 AM
ole man. it looks liek you're right with the score. just the wrong team on top.
Posted By: Cola Fan Re: James Island vs. Wando - 03/31/06 02:26 PM
Who was the referee for this game? I've heard some stories this week about it from a conference I attended in Charleston. Sounds like some fireworks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 04/02/06 09:10 PM
I don't know his name but some parent sadi he was a Summerville parent. Should have been neutral.
Posted By: OldRef Re: James Island vs. Wando - 04/03/06 01:28 AM
There's no reason why a ref who is a parent of a Summerville student shouldn't ref Wando vs JI if he's a good, qualified ref. Schools are in different regions. I ref kids I know all the time, but if they commit a foul, they get a whistle. I don't know any official who would disrespect the game of soccer by showing favoritism.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: James Island vs. Wando - 04/03/06 01:41 AM
wando wins 3-1
Posted By: Thierry Re: James Island vs. Wando - 04/03/06 02:48 AM
i thought they already played...wando won in pks johnny
© SC Soccer