SC Soccer
Posted By: Agoraphobia Club Players - 05/16/06 07:01 PM
In several threads, many people have been comenting on the quality of club players and their impact on talented teams. Ever one knows that Irmo, SPring Valley, Chapin, Dutch Fork, Northwestern, and Lexington all have a very talented group of players, many of which play challenge or premier soccer.

But what teams were competitive and had few players that played at the Challenge or Premier Level?

I know Ridge View who went three rounds this year lacked in their amount of Club Players. Yes they had Kyle Hughes(16) and Ryan Orland(12) who played for the u-18 state champs ambush, but there were a good amount of others, i think 6, maybe more, who didn't play club all of which started i believe.
Posted By: jec123 Re: Club Players - 05/16/06 07:30 PM
Lincoln would come to mind but their top scorer plays for Bridge90. I'm not sure if any other play club. Can't think of any others.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Club Players - 05/16/06 07:36 PM
AGO.... I am not so sure you have RV players correctly I can think of many of the players having played U17 and U16 challenge or premier last year.
Posted By: jec123 Re: Club Players - 05/16/06 07:42 PM
Saw on another thread that Lincoln has 5 club players. The other players are fast and very determined.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Club Players - 05/16/06 08:06 PM
we only had two club players on our team this year, and they were both freshman!!!
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Club Players - 05/16/06 10:13 PM
How many club players does Dreher have?
Posted By: 22 Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 12:42 AM
all of drehers returning players play challenge or above...except for two off the top of my head...
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 01:15 AM
futbol...who can you think of other than this

Kyle HUghes
Ryan Orland
Michael Czulinski
Austen Braddock
Brandon McMenemy
Milton Posada
Johnny Weston

7 is a good number, but not compared to Spring Valley who had 10 i believe who played on the State CHampionship Ambush, not to include 2 or 3 others that played on the younger group, i think u-16, and those group of players didn't play together on one team like SV, 2 played CSC together, 3 played NECSA, 2 played together and 2 played Lexington, although in different age groups

if you can think of any more please let me know
Posted By: cabj12 Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 01:44 AM
Wow I can't believe SV didn't win the state championship with that much talent. That is almost like the NECSA Ambush losing to a highschool team, although it was a very good highschool team in NW, which is hard to believe. But props to NW for winning state.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 02:38 AM
That's not a fair comparison.

Although SV has several of the NECSA Ambush players on it, it's not like NW is made up of a bunch of rec players. They have many players on the team that play high level club ball. Let's not also forget that SV lost 1-0 on a PK, and didn't get blown out like many people predicted.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 03:53 AM
no you're right, its not, I felt northwestern was just as good as Spring Valley, I felt like the game and tempo was controlled by Northwestern, but thats a different thread
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 11:43 AM
How could SV have ten on one team? I thought there was a limit as to how many from one hs team could play on the same club team.
Posted By: Bear Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 11:57 AM
I believe the limit is tied to the coach. Meaning, if the HS coach is also a club coach, there is a limit to the number of players he can have on his club team, and still be able to coach the HS team.
Posted By: ChuckNorris Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 11:59 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 12:01 PM
They don't have 10. I can only think of 8ish, with 2 from Ridge View, 1 from Lexingon, 1 from Hammond, and maybe 6 from Dreher? I could be wrong...
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 12:02 PM
Justin Braddock, and Ryan Flippen for Ridge View also played club.
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 03:44 PM
Benp is correct...

The SV team did not have all players playing in the same team. So if chemistry is what you believe makes them strong, I would argue that it is only a portion. Simply they are good players playing with good players and with a coach that understands the game. And furthermore it has been my experience that playing a position in club does not translate to HS as the needs may be different

Ridge View's make-up has also been impacted by the creation of Blythewood HS.

So I believe we agree that RV performed well at crunch time, but unlike most people I have always opined that RV was underrated, simply because of their record in a tough region and quality opponents outside their region. The majority of their losses were by one goal.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 05:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by benp:
They don't have 10. I can only think of 8ish, with 2 from Ridge View, 1 from Lexingon, 1 from Hammond, and maybe 6 from Dreher? I could be wrong...

8, 10 close enough, i heard the number 10 earlier this season, but i was never sure
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 05:55 PM
Justen Braddock only played in 3 games before quitting, and I thought Flippen quit club after his junior season
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 07:07 PM
Justen played with his brother and was injured... I do not know if he quit

Also I think Benp is tlaking about NECSA Ambush, not SV
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 07:15 PM
Justen Quit the RV team, i do not know about his club status
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 09:51 PM
Ryan played club for the CSC u18 b team this year.
Posted By: soccersmylife Re: Club Players - 05/17/06 09:56 PM
Lexington - Gustavo? does he play HS? Or Andrew Chavirro(sp)Where does Jugal play Club?
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/18/06 12:39 AM
jugal is on the lex u16 this year from what i heard
Posted By: futbol(soccer) Re: Club Players - 05/18/06 01:24 PM
Jugal can't play U16???... He is an 89 I believe

Gustavo and Andrew both played at Lex HS this year.
Posted By: necsa22 Re: Club Players - 05/18/06 02:56 PM
Although SV is losing some players from the Ambush, they should still be highly competitive. Other premier level club players they will have are Eamon (Bridge 88) and at least five guys who played for the 89 NECSA team last year.
Posted By: Platini 10 Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 04:56 AM
Jugal is planning to play on the U17 CUFC team and Gustavo and Andrew are still at Lexington for the same age group.
Posted By: JP11 Re: Club Players - 05/18/06 07:47 PM
Than why was jugal at the U17 tryouts in Lexington on monday? Hed be smart to play there to considering who the coach is.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 01:16 AM
who's the coach?

and also, the CUFC tryouts were tuesday and thursday, only one day was required
Posted By: Midlandsoccer17 Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 01:17 AM
Have you seen who's possibly playing on that CUFC team? Flynn, Parker, other NECSA players, Jugal, David S., Tyler W., Austin S., and other CSC players. If all those kids play, thats the reason he'd play there.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 01:33 AM
It should be a pretty stacked team, I'd play if i was under 17
Posted By: 90 Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 01:46 AM
I believe both CUFC teams will be "stacked." Its basically Dutch Fork with about 6 elite players from other Highschools. I heard Kropp from NW was trying out...a few SV players and the occasional SCISA player. Should be a great year for the new merged club.
Posted By: 90 Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 01:47 AM
Thats the U-18 team...sorry about that.
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 02:05 AM
The Lexington u17s have been good for quite some time. Coach Berson is taking over for past coaches Weatherly, Chavarria, and Rhodes, who all did a fine job in their time there. I know Jugal was at their tryouts, but I'm not sure if he will be playing there or not.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/20/06 04:50 AM
Yea the U-18 has a bunch of Guys from the Irmo Area. A couple from DF, a few from Chapin and Irmo, as well as a handful from Lexington. Shouldn't be too shabby of a team.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 07:49 PM
Where is the younger Cates playing? Pair him with those NECSA kids and you will have a powerhouse team...
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 09:35 PM
Danny? He's playing U-18 at CUFC. Is there a younger Cates than him?
Posted By: who_me? Re: Club Players - 05/19/06 11:40 PM
CUFC 18:
This team dominated challenge last year and lost to Bridge Premier in the semi finals in a hotly contested match that could have gone either way. They have lost a few starters but I hear they have picked up Kropp and a few other players that should more than compensate. I think this is the team everyone else has to beat. There are perhaps some tournament losses but In State I don’t see anyone giving them a run.
Posted By: RCates Re: Club Players - 05/20/06 02:45 AM
Do you honestly think Jugal has a choice? He plays for Irmo and Phil is now one of the top 2 guys with CUFC. The only decision is the safe decision, whether it is the best for Jugal or not. I haven't heard, but 2 and 2 always equals 4. I do think that the U18 and U17 team with CUFC will be strong but who knows. I do know the U18's have one of the best coaches in the state with A. Pinasco. Good luck to all the players that have to deal with the pressure from adults as to where to play.
Posted By: JP11 Re: Club Players - 05/21/06 03:24 AM
I heard that Danny Cates is not playing for CUFC U-18 and that hes playing for Bersons team in Lexington.
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/21/06 02:53 PM
I know he was atleast at tryouts.
Posted By: Agoraphobia Re: Club Players - 05/23/06 03:52 AM
I heard that the Danny Cates was going to play at CUFC due to Adrian Pinasco(sp?) was one of the best coaches in the state. That was his Premier coach at CSC last year if I am correct
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/23/06 10:49 AM
if premier means challenge then yes, that was his premier coach last year.
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Club Players - 05/23/06 12:55 PM
Speaking of club, I heard Benp is getting involved with a club in Columbia but I'm not sure which one!! It may just be a rumor though!!
Posted By: 2004striker Re: Club Players - 05/23/06 01:37 PM
This guy, benp, is gonna play club soccer? I don't think so.....
 -
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Club Players - 05/23/06 03:35 PM
Not playing coaching!
Posted By: Jackson, Samuel L. Re: Club Players - 05/24/06 04:16 AM
Maybe he can be a great coach!! He knows a lot about soccer but can he manage a team??
Posted By: benp Re: Club Players - 05/24/06 04:03 AM
Lol, the rumors are true. I'm helping in anyway I can with Congaree time allowing, but its not like I'm going to through myself (though they wouldn't let me anyways) into a head coaching job of any team. I'm there to learn the ropes and have a good time, but mainly help some kids have a good time as well as improve.
© SC Soccer