SC Soccer
Posted By: soccer2008 WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/04/08 02:48 PM
new coach at walhalla MIKE E. he use to coach for clemson soccer when clemson won the championship. Mike is an awesome coach and is going to take us to state this year even though we lost alot of seniors we still have the potential to come up on top. we started coditioning 4 months ago and are building up a really good team. were ready to start winning some games hope everyone is ready for us!!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/04/08 04:45 PM
You started preseason conditioning in September?!?!?!?!
Posted By: KHarnage Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/04/08 07:27 PM
Don't be so surprised, W&E...

...we (Berkeley) did, too.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/04/08 07:40 PM
Clemson Soccer Club state championship?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/04/08 07:40 PM
BHS, do y'all play club soccer, too?
Posted By: soccer2008 Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 12:06 AM
yeah we started practice in september at first it was at 6 to 645 in the morning it sucked but we were dedicated now we have practice mon through sat and practice is an hour and 45 minutes long its hard
Posted By: soccer2008 Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 12:17 AM
he was assistant coach for clemson the college and head coach at charleston southern
Posted By: soccer2008 Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 12:18 AM
where yall from bhs?
Posted By: Talon Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 12:40 AM
yeah we started practice in september at first it was at 6 to 645 in the morning it sucked but we were dedicated now we have practice mon through sat and practice is an hour and 45 minutes long its hard

What kind of practice? Is this legal by High School League standards? Is this club?
Posted By: Team Player Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 01:23 AM
I was wondering the same thing!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/05/08 01:43 AM
Hey, when you're playing catch-up, you have to work longer and harder than the next guy, right? BHS Keeper's caught my particular brand of fall insanity...starting in September, varsity/JV conditioning in Moncks Corner until 5, then off to West Ashley for club practice at 7. I lived, breathed, and ate soccer (literally--Taco Bell in the car on the way to club practice) during those months...I imagine I would have slept soccer too, but as the kid keeps reminding me, evil never sleeps...
Posted By: soccer2008 Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/07/08 07:50 PM
just a bunch of foot work and running to get in shape we cant touch a ball yet
Posted By: ??? Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/07/08 11:12 PM
I did not know you could use the word soccer and Walhalla in the same sentence. I usually use words like rednecks and terrible at life when i think of Walhalla. Anyways the best team you beat last year was Palmetto. Emerald beat them 8-0. Uh.....that could not be good. But since you have a superstar coach now (who i don't know personally so i wont say anything negative about him) you guys should be on your way to state. I would go ahead and get the upper state champs t-shirts made and i would just like to give the trophy to yall. Didn't you guys lose to Batesburg as well????? WOW!!! Talk about wishful thinking...
Posted By: KHarnage Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/07/08 11:54 PM
Well, ???, as CoachChass said, when you're playing catch-up you have to work longer and harder than the next guy.

If Walhalla's team has worked hard enough then they CAN win. I play for Berkeley High (Girls Varsity)--4A school down in the Lowcountry--and people around here know we don't have the most prestigious soccer program around (when you compare us to Wando, James Island, and Stratford--all very respectable teams within our region). However, we work long, hard hours before and throughout our season, and we've gone from losing nearly every single game in a season to winning AND making the playoffs.

Soccer20... Go for it and good luck to you guys this season!
Posted By: SoccerFanMan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/08/08 03:34 AM
Actually, didn't Walhalla knock Wren out of the 4A rankings last year? And didn't they do well against teams like Daniel and ChristChurch? And weren't they playing for the state championship the year before? I guess if that's terrible at life, a lot of people would like to do that kind of living. Quit knocking good teams because you're insecure about yourself.
Posted By: ??? Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 12:08 AM
I guess 1 trip to the state championship every 15 years isn't bad. First off Wren isn't any good. Christ Church is 1A(not callin them bad they are actually good, but a decent game against a 1a school doesnt really give much to your argument). U know what i am going to agree with everyone that they will make the state championship, it will just be 14 more years before that happens. Im insecure about myself? Nah my team has played at stone stadium a couple times the past few years.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 12:57 AM
Quote:

\ Im insecure about myself? Nah my team has played at stone stadium a couple times the past few years.

If that's the case, then you shouldn't have to trash talk about another team being bad in order to make yourself look good. Be proud of your team's trips to Stone without trying to take away from someone else.

As my father always said, if you're really so much better than the next guy, you don't have to go around telling people...they'll figure it out for themselves.
Posted By: welshwizard Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 04:53 AM
hard work does not guarantee success BHS keeper, i'm pretty sure a majority of the teams in this state work really hard everyday but only a few realized actual success, i would only call success winning a state championship, so that means only a handful of teams a year succeed...
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 10:08 AM
Wow...so by your definition, a team that wins matches, possibly wins region, advances in the playoffs, brings credit, recognition, and revenue to the school, creates a sense of pride in the athletes, graduates players who go on to the next level with scholarships, and/or has an overall positive effect on those involved is not "successful" unless they're the one team in their division to win state that year?

Man, I'm glad you're not my A.D. I'd be better off working for Trump.
Posted By: The Fan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 01:14 PM
Quote:

hard work does not guarantee success BHS keeper, i'm pretty sure a majority of the teams in this state work really hard everyday but only a few realized actual success, i would only call success winning a state championship, so that means only a handful of teams a year succeed...

It looks like success is defined as perfection. I reckon we are all screwed. Better start learning to walk on water or we are all in trouble.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 02:14 PM
Only a handfull of teams suceed each year. Wow. What has the world come to when someone actually believes a statement like this?
Posted By: welshwizard Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 05:04 PM
Well you live in this world so why don't you tell me? thanks
Posted By: Always Right Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 05:06 PM
welsh you sound like a dude that's never won anything. still living through others?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 05:23 PM
It's come to a too-silly-to-make-any-sense prophetic poster making such ridiculous statements that everyone reading the thread thinks he's either lost him mind or too young and little to know better. thanks
Posted By: welshwizard Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 08:52 PM
always right, you are not right on this occasion but good try, i'll save living through others for the parents, i have not lost my mind, i'm definitely not too young or little, so i really don't fit your mold, all i am trying to say is i think this state has a long way to go when it comes to determining success. we cannot compete with other great soccer states when we keep banking on moral victories. however, i do believe that this state is moving in the right direction and that many teams in this state are hiring better coaches to apply a winning mentality, which is completely necessary to succeed.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/09/08 10:09 PM
Quote:

It looks like success is defined as perfection. I reckon we are all screwed. Better start learning to walk on water or we are all in trouble.

Tried it...my clothes are in the dryer now.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 12:01 AM
Thanks for pulling me ashore CC, I can't swim!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 04:26 AM
No problem, W&E, glad to...of course, since you didn't win an Olympic gold medal in swimming, though, I guess I still wasn't successful. Sorry I failed you there...
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 12:15 PM
Knowing that you weren't going to swim to shore faster than anyone who swam to shore that year, why did you even try? Geez, I don't know how you got that far with that loser-mentality concerning success!!!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 03:37 PM
Would all of you teachers get off the internet and get back to work! We've got a loooooooooong way to go before SC is a success in education..
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 03:50 PM
All students and teachers should quit unless they can guarantee perfection on PACT test and SAT's.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER *DELETED* - 01/10/08 03:52 PM
LE, use your journalism skills to start the revolution!
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 04:03 PM
I meant, we aren't #1.

Lighten up, Dad.
Posted By: The Fan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 04:06 PM
That's right. We are actually #3 I think.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 04:47 PM
Lighten up? What do you mean? Surely you misread something I wrote...
Posted By: Jack Rozier Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 04:53 PM
Touche!
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 07:18 PM
Nah...No Child Left Behind won't allow anyone to be #1...can't have any winners for the sake of not creating losers, so everyone has to fail together. Didn't you get the memo?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 07:38 PM
Greatest piece of legislature ever! Wizard, we are still having fun with your defintion, what say you!?!?!
Posted By: The Fan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 07:42 PM
NCLB does have a couple of good points, but it will probably disappear once Bush is out. I prefer to call it Every Child Left Behind
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 07:53 PM
I like the part where every student in every school will one day score average or better every time they take the standardized test.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 08:16 PM
Sure, because it's statistically possible for some to be above average when none are below average...I wonder if the laws of physics are different in their world as well?
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 08:32 PM
Or we could just privatize schooling and give everyone money to go where they choose because that solves everything.

(CC, have we officially threadjacked this yet?)
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 08:52 PM
Yes, but the question is, have we SUCCESSFULLY threadjacked this yet?
Posted By: coldhardtruth Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 09:16 PM
No way man!!! You're just WINNING at the moment..
Posted By: SoccerFanMan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/10/08 10:07 PM
Quote:

always right, you are not right on this occasion but good try, i'll save living through others for the parents, i have not lost my mind, i'm definitely not too young or little, so i really don't fit your mold, all i am trying to say is i think this state has a long way to go when it comes to determining success. we cannot compete with other great soccer states when we keep banking on moral victories. however, i do believe that this state is moving in the right direction and that many teams in this state are hiring better coaches to apply a winning mentality, which is completely necessary to succeed.

How exactly are we moving in the right direction with success? According to your logic, the same amount of teams each year will be successful (by winning a state championship). If we're adding schools every year with soccer teams, that means that (according to you) we're moving in the WRONG direction. A higher and higher percentage of teams each year are unsuccessful. Basically, according to your logic, you're an idiot.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 12:31 PM
I just hope no one votes "No" because our poll will then be a failure/nonsuccess thus ruling it obsolete.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 02:49 PM
Too late...it's already not perfect, which means it's not successful.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 02:51 PM
Quote:

No way man!!! You're just WINNING at the moment..

*sigh* So I'm just setting myself up for failure later...sheesh, what's the point. Think I'll just go take a nap...
Posted By: Coach Young Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 04:14 PM
Hahaha, that poor guy. This has been too much fun!
Posted By: SoccerFanMan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 04:59 PM
Well both the votes were from WelshWizard. One for each of his screen names on here.
Posted By: KHarnage Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 05:15 PM
I suppose his anonymous votes (all two of them!) are his only response to the thread...he's been mighty quiet lately.

But if I do say so myself, Coach Chass, you require no response.
Posted By: Coach Chass Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/11/08 06:20 PM
Huh...bummer...if he's the single person who managed to vote "no," then he's the only one who succeeded...all the rest of us who shared in voting "yes" merely participated...
Posted By: The Fan Re: WALHALLA SOCCER - 01/14/08 06:44 AM
Quote:

I like the part where every student in every school will one day score average or better every time they take the standardized test.

Well...there will no longer be a need for special education if that happens. Every teacher will have to be certified in gifted and talented students. BTW, it's proficient or advanced. Average is not good enough for NCLB
© SC Soccer