SC Soccer
Thanks!
Scrimmage:
Charlotte Latin 1
Fort Mill 0

I swear we have an offense somewhere....really....I do....
Crestwood - 0
Lugoff-Elgin - 11

5-0 at halftime. Great match for the Lady Demons' season opener. Hat-tricks from both May and Garrison.
Woodmont 0
Seneca 2
Marlboro County 5
Lewsiville 2
Stratord 3
Colleton County 1
DF 3 Swansea 0
Daniel 5
BHP 2

Hat trick for Aaron
Greenwood 1
Emerald 0
2/27/07

Riverside 3
Woodruff 2

Riverside came to WHS short-handed due to sickness and injury; WHS is still playing without several starters and with players very hobbled. Not much for moral victories, but the Woodruff program played with heart and offered the best team in the state a solid and competitive match.
Brookland Cayce 4 Aiken 3

Well done lady bearcats!
Fort Mill 3
Lancaster 0

Wasn't as close as the score looks...
Any score from Andrews-Georgetown or Hartsville-Lakewood?
AIRPORT 3

RNE 1
west ashley 2
james island 1

in overtime

great job wildcats!
Georgetown beat Andrews... Georgetown was playing without 4 key offensive people as well... Final was 2-0? or 3-0...
Pre-season score
Porter Gaud 1 - Hanahan 0
any dorman score from last night?—played CC?
Riverside wins again!

Riverside 3
Woodruff 2

As reported in the Greenville News.
Northwestern 1
Clover 1
Cantona, was that a scrimmage or a real match?

p&y, great showing by Woodruff, did you have opportunities? Did you let a big one possibly get away? It would have been huge! Congrats on the effort.
02/27/07

Broome @ Gaffney

Gaffney - 1
Broome - 0

Better game by the Broome ladies than they had against Gaffney in the Cyclone Cup (Gaffney won 5-0). Most of the play in the first half was in the Gaffney end, but just like the Cyclone Cup game the tide turned in the second half. Congratulations to the Gaffney coaches for whatever they do to flip that switch during halftime. The second half was mostly in the Broome end and Gaffney broke through on several breakaways, but Broome was able to hold them to only one goal.
I saw Spring Valley beat Irmo last night 2-0. Nice win for Spring Valley!!
Hurst66:

Riverside led 1-0 at the half. Woodruff took a 2-1 lead midway in the second half. Since Riverside was missing key players (as was Woodruff), I would say, yes, in one way WHS let a big win in our history slip. BUT I have to say Riverside had a say in that and they are the better team, obviously. On this given night, Woodruff came close and performed admirably well. Started without two key starters and with two top players very hobbled. Lost key players during the match and ended with only one sub. Whew. . .
2/27

Lewisville 6
Rock Hill 5 (PK's)

Rock Hill goes into halftime with a 5-1 lead and Lewisville fights back in the seond half to draw even and force penalties. I don't think we will see a bigger comeback this season.....what a game!
p&y, Dorman/CC game was rescheduled to tonight (2/28) due to CCES exams.
I think the spring valley irmo game was awesome! Spring valley played great!! did anyone else watch the game? There was certain players that stood out to me as i watched the game
That was a big win for Team Ashley. I think Spring Valley would fair better in the Viking Cup if they didn't always have the distraction of having to host the event. It must be tough. They apparently proved against Irmo that they do belong in the upper echelon.
Lexington/Byrnes score ?
Ridgeview 1 Blythewood 0

Great game- Lots of back and forth play and opportunities for both teams and I believe there were only two or three fouls called the whole game. Lots of tough/physical but clean play on both sides.

Thank you ladies!
Hurst, I agree with that comment. That is such a massive tourney that it has to be a bit of a distraction for the team with all the ongoings. Steve is quality, and puts that all aside so that the high schools have a tournament second to none. He is a major contribution to the soccer community just like those two brothers...what are their names?

Hanna 6
Daniel 1

Got to meet a wonderful young man at the game tonight named "neverplayed". Great fan of the game and a tribute to the Daniel community!
Thanks for the "young" plug, it means a lot for us over 50 crowd.

You've got a lot of talent there especially that #5. We also knew your freshmen were good, as yours and ours have shared some ASA state titles the past few years.

Good luck in 4A.
Wow Congrats to Lewisville. They hung with us from Marlboro County after we went up on them. They never quit. Congrats again
Lexington 3
Byrnes 0
Chris Church 0
Dorman 2
2/28

Pendleton 1 (pk's)
Westside 0

Caitlin Williams with the shutout
Anyone got the JL Mann girls score from last night?

Cap'n: Woodruff faced Pendleton in the Easley tournament (we know her from CESA) and happened to play them on the field with SMALLER than regulation goals! That was a nightmare! She is a great keeper among several who are seniors in the area.
Stratford 5
Wade Hampton (Hampton) 1
I heard from the Westside statician that the Rams had around 20 shots to Pendleton's 5ish. Speaks volumes about William's ability under pressure and a great weapon to have when the offense bogs down.
TK, congrats to Blythewood....that's a good result against a good team.

LF, fess up now....how good is Byrnes?
They are not bad. I expect they will beat quite a few teams this year. It was 0-0 at half, but they kept 5 or 6 players in the back for the most part. That appeared to be their tactic, to just play to "not lose", and then hope for PK's. That worked until we finally scored on them, and then they had to pull a player or 2 up and we then had some chances. I expect the same sort of game from Dorman tomorrow, but we will see.
Northwoods Acadamy @ Porter Gaud has been postponed due to the Stormy weather that is supposed to hit the Charleston area this afternoon.
Caitlin has been tremendous for this program since its inception three years ago. I hated to lose her from the boys team when we split from our Co-ed past as she was a starter at the stopper position for us.

The shot difference is not all together surprising and like Whiskey was saying, it's almost a strategy sometimes to shut down the other team knowing that Caitlin is the ace in the hole when it comes to PK's. Last spring she broke her hand in a scrimmage against our JV boys team and in the few weeks that she was out in the field roaming the midfield she ended up leading the team in goals as well.

Caitlin is also a tremendous ambassador of the sport as she has a very level head and is always looking to help out others even if they're on the other team. We'll miss her next year when she heads up to Western Carolina.
Congrats to Pendleton and Caitlin!
Summerville 7, Berkeley 0

2-0 a the half. My sincere thanks to Summerville for pressing up through the final seconds instead of making pity passes; we needed to have our weak points (and our determination) tested and exposed throughout the endurance phase of the match so that we can adjust and improve! Best of luck to S-ville in the rest of the season!
Broome match vs Blue Ridge yesterday (3/1) postponed due to weather. It will be rescheduled for a later date.
West Ashley 0
Wando 3
Emerald 2
Belton-Honea Path 1
Double overtime
Blythewood 10
Rock Hill 0

Pleasure to meet Soccer40 after the game-Best of luck to his daughter and the rest of the team this season!
Berkeley 1
Fort Dorchester 3
Marlboro County- 8
Andrews- 0
Stratford 3
Beaufort 0
Quote:

Blythewood 10
Rock Hill 0

Pleasure to meet Soccer40 after the game-Best of luck to his daughter and the rest of the team this season!

got to love that flat back 4 with no talent
?

Westside vs. Newberry postponed due to Newberry forgetting they had a game...or the AD forgot...or something.
Hang in there 40...good things come to those who wait. You can always make the trip up I-77 North
Seriously though, we know it's frustrating for you. At least she's had good club exposure.
Anyone have scores for Goose Creek/Battery Creek and/or Goose Creek/Summerville?
Or O-W/Colleton County?
Or JI/Beaufort on 2-28? Man, we're missing a lot of scores on the scoreboard this year...post more than just the top-ten matchups, folks! The other 90% of us want to know! :-)
Perhaps it's a conspiracy theory to hold the unranked schools down. Surely millions of people know these scores, but are using a combined effort to thwart you .
3/3/07 @ The Cage (Cayce, SC)
Brookland-Cayce 2-0 A.C. Flora
Records: B-C (4-1-0); ACF (1-3-0).
A conspiracy of millions, eh? Don't give me delusions of importance, W&E!
Spring Valley 2 Blythewood 1
Spring valley also beat whiteknoll 8-1! I saw that the coach switched players up in the whiteknoll game. There was a really good forward i think number 14 or something that played all over the field. If im not mistaking, she played sweeper to start with. I think that the Vikings are slowley but surley starting to come together to make a great team!
Quote:

Hang in there 40...good things come to those who wait. You can always make the trip up I-77 North
Seriously though, we know it's frustrating for you. At least she's had good club exposure.

if they would let the dependants go to moms didtrict she would be there now.both of them.she likes her teammates and they like her so that helps.
3/3

BE at Barnwell

BE 2
Barnwell 0
Hammond 2 Porter Gaud 1 last pre-season game for Porter Gaud
Coach, we all need to feel important from time to time. I've got you when you need me!
HHI 1
Acadmeic Magnet 0

New coach at HHHS is a joke.
Why do you say that?

Didn't they win?
Theo is just mad he didn't get to play in WC2006!
the beaufort/james island game turned into a forfeit. james island never showed up. we found out about a half hour AFTER the jv game was supposed to start. anyone know how the colleton county/o-w game went yet or the battery creek/goose creek game went? bc lost to wade hampton 2-0 on friday.
Feburary 28th, Wednesday, 2007
Battery Creek 6
Goose Creek 3
Scorers: Nathalie Hooks (BC) 2 Goals
Ashley Depew (BC) 1 Goal
Michaela Johnson (BC) 1 Goal
Shea Roberson (BC) 1 Goal
Jordan Vido (BC) 1 Goal
4-1 at Half time
Goose Creek scored 2 goals in the last 15 mintues or so...
© SC Soccer