SC Soccer
Posted By: CJ BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 10:10 AM
Aiken/South Aiken
Irmo/North Augusta Part Deux
Dreher/Airport

And in a death defying show of courage, Cantona will attempt to silence the R3 critics by taking on Boiling Springs AND Dutch Fork at the same time!!!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 11:22 AM
I believe Boiling Springs is going to sit this one out and let Northwestern "have at it" alone with the Lady Silver Foxes.
Posted By: MyTwoCents2008 Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 11:34 AM
Aiken upsets(?) S. Aiken 2-1
N. Augusta over Irmo in Pks
Dreher and Airport = toss up. Ellison Sharpe's senior night.

The message board vs Dale. Dale posts 45 times today. If he wins tonight....that number doubles tomorrow!
It's not nice to mess with Mother Nature. Don't tick Dale off. He may shut down the internet with his deluge. He needs to focus on his game tonight instead of folderalling.
Posted By: Cesar Robles Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 11:41 AM
Boys... with a roster of 25 we can do it!
Posted By: Coach Young Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 11:51 AM
I've been told not to use The Force for my own selfish gain...but that doesn't mean I won't do it
Watch out Cantona, he's got chew.....
Posted By: CJ Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 12:06 PM
I know you can do it Cantona. Plus it would make for a great built in excuse if you happen to fall short with DF.

"We were close, but we had this whole other game going on with Boiling Springs at the same time."
Plus, his car didn't look so hot at the end of the race Sunday......
Posted By: Coach Young Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 12:21 PM
Quote:

I know you can do it Cantona. Plus it would make for a great built in excuse if you happen to fall short with DF.

"We were close, but we had this whole other game going on with Boiling Springs at the same time."

Ahhhhhhaaaahaaaaahaaa!!!! Snot came out my nose
He can lead a team, but don't let him drive the bus...
Posted By: Cesar Robles Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 03:10 PM
Old and Happy

Is it because I'm Mexican
Posted By: Coach Young Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 03:15 PM
Juan Pablo Montoya

(Colombian is close enough, right?)
Remember, to a good old boy, tobacco chewing, redneck, it don't matter no how you chunk that wad of spittle if it hits something of value (eyeball - 2 points, open mouth - 10 points, bad ref, who knows what total in R1). Race, sex, nationality do not matter to a spitter.

Beware, he has chew and obviously too much time on his hands....

And he ain't finished a race since I started watching...
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/29/08 10:03 PM
FYI.

Dreher is looking at this as nothing more than an exhibition and a warm-up for the playoffs. Don't be surprised to see players playing other positions and a lot of the younger players getting lots of PT.
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 12:52 AM
I lied.

Dreher 2
Airport 1

I'm still shaking.

Thanks to the Airport team, coaches and supporters for a clean game. AC Flora, please take notice.
Posted By: CJ Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 02:25 AM
I am impressed Dreher Dad. Very impressed.
If they beat the #1 team in the state, and they played other positions, maybe......
Posted By: TRAVELER Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 12:39 PM
Quote:

FYI.

Dreher is looking at this as nothing more than an exhibition and a warm-up for the playoffs. Don't be surprised to see players playing other positions and a lot of the younger players getting lots of PT.

Did Airport look at this as an exhibiton game?
Posted By: Soccer Rocker Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 01:00 PM
In actuality, Dreher did not look at this game as an exhibition game. True, the Lady Blue Devils had nothing to lose, however--it was their senior night, and they knew going into the game that if they wanted a chance to fight in the playoffs, this would be the type of team they must have to compete with. Dreher went into this game considering it just as important as every other game, or region game they've played. Very hard work, intensity, and learning to really settle down allowed them to perform well. As for Airport, I'm unaware of how they "treated" this game, but each minute of the game was exciting to watch!
Posted By: CJ Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 02:11 PM
Quote:

FYI.

This is a classic example of a "pre-excuse". There are other derivations such as:

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row
Conflict with school functions
the weather will make the field unplayable...
Posted By: dhunter Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 02:11 PM
Quote:

Thanks to the Airport team, coaches and supporters for a clean game. AC Flora, please take notice.

DreherDad,

What an exciting game. Airport did not look as good as they did against BC last week. And it was one of the best played matches I've seen, referencing no cheap fouls or dirty play. By the way, did you see Flora's #7 hanging out at the end of the field, post game? She got out of there before fans and players started clearing out. That was same girl who punched Ellison in the face last week, and as I have heard pummeled an Airport player last year which earned her a suspension. What a classless act!
Posted By: shut^&play Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 02:15 PM
That happens in girl's soccer? GOOD LORD.
Posted By: Coach Young Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 02:57 PM
Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

This is a classic example of a "pre-excuse". There are other derivations such as:

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row

I like "We just came off of Spring Break" or "Our prom was this past weekend". But if you win, you don't go on and on about it
Posted By: Cesar Robles Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 03:00 PM
how about this one, my goalie had to step off the field with 20 min remaining to attend Troubadour rehersal.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 03:39 PM
Cantona,

That was a good one.....and fairly valid as well.

Posted By: Hard Headed Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 03:56 PM
Quote:

how about this one, my goalie had to step off the field with 20 min remaining to attend Troubadour rehersal.

we was wondering where your goalie was going at half time.we thought you had made her mad.
Posted By: realmccoy Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 03:58 PM
So, I should have sent Sarah to her piano lesson last night?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row

I like "We just came off of Spring Break" or "Our prom was this past weekend". But if you win, you don't go on and on about it

I know a guy who used both of these.....
I had to get my hair cut.
My mother said that I had to babysit and couldn't play.
My little sister had a soccer game and it was the only time I had a chance to go see her this year and my parents made me go.
My popetry project wasn't finished and my mother made me finish it (see #1 above; same kid miracuously got her hair cut that day too!)

Cooper Runs fix that. Bring an excuse, run 2 miles for time. While everyone else is having fun.
In order to communicate better with these young, delightful people (with the excuses), I as a 56 year old have:

1) Made a sign that says "Cooper Run" and taken a picture of it with my cool camera phone so that I can send the picture to them when they give me the excuse; and

2) Have a permanent "draft" text message that says "Cooper Run - NOW" that I can send and they can receive.

As a "connected" dinosaur, I have unlimited text and pics, you see. Makes me feel young.
Posted By: Sportsfan2006 Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 06:40 PM
How about the following: you don't come to practice, you don't start! Then, the player sits a predetermined length of time. Running is mighty effective, too.
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 10:01 PM
Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row

Your assumption is correct, sir. I'll try not to be so transparent in the future.
Posted By: Dreher Dad Re: BIG matches for Tuesday 4/29 - 04/30/08 10:04 PM
Quote:

Quote:

DreherDad,

What an exciting game. Airport did not look as good as they did against BC last week. And it was one of the best played matches I've seen, referencing no cheap fouls or dirty play. By the way, did you see Flora's #7 hanging out at the end of the field, post game? She got out of there before fans and players started clearing out. That was same girl who punched Ellison in the face last week, and as I have heard pummeled an Airport player last year which earned her a suspension. What a classless act!

I had heard that she was suspended last year for the same kind of incident. If so, she is a troubled young person. I'd reserve 'classless' for those that allowed her to be on the field.
© SC Soccer