SC Soccer
Posted By: Import ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/09/09 03:31 PM
Has anybody heard any results?
Posted By: 4thekids Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/09/09 06:31 PM
SC 94 Boys tied South Texas 0-0 and then won in a shootout 3-0.
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/09/09 08:53 PM
WAY TO GO BOYS!

A great result considering this age group lost a few of the strongest players in the region.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 01:25 AM
Congratulations 94's. Keep it up!
Posted By: Big Daddy Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 04:13 PM
I heard the 93 boys got wiped out by Florida yesterday.....
came back and won their game today, I think it was 2-1. Played either LA or OK.....the Dad I was talking to on the phone wasn't sure.
Posted By: 4thekids Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 04:28 PM
SC 94 Boys won today 2-0 over Alabama. Not a pretty win, but still a win.
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 04:50 PM
Way to go 93's & 94's! Anyone hearing anything from the 95's?
Posted By: 4thekids Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 04:54 PM
I heard that the SC 95 Boys tied NC1 1-1 today.
Posted By: Shrink Rapp Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 05:17 PM
Anyone know if there are any keepers from SC on the '94 team?
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/10/09 05:38 PM
Grayson Aucoin
Devon Ashy

I heard Grayson did a great job during PK's yesterday.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/11/09 02:22 AM
Great stuff 93's and 94's. Finish strong!
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/11/09 02:50 AM
SC ODP 95s: Team is playing top flight - all #1 teams in Region III.

Game #1 tied FL #1 0-0. FL player fouled in box in first half. MPSC keeper Joe Wichmann produced a magic PK save. Eggers away playing with RIII team first day.

Pool game 1st night saw 8 SC players: Eggers, Calloway, Davis, Wichmann, Millard, King, Clark, Poupore in play. 2-0 win.

Game #2 Tied NC #1 1-1. MPSC MF Sammy Kunitz-Levy with lone SC goal. Wichmann with clean sheet after 4 quarters. No report on SC players for #2 pool game.

Game #3 Saturday morning against N. Texas who lost to FL #1 2-0 this (Friday) morning.
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/11/09 05:09 PM
I heard 94 Boys tied Florida 0-0.
Posted By: 4thekids Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/11/09 06:37 PM
SC 94 Boys tied FL2 0-0. They seemed to play better than yesterday against a tough FL2 team. Missed 2 or 3 good chances at goals. The defense has done well not giving up a goal in the first 3 games.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/11/09 10:14 PM
Fort Mill's Kevin Fielden will represent South Carolina in the pool game at 8 PM tonight. He is part of that SC 94 defense that hasn't yielded a goal.
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 04:23 PM
nc holdovers

95 holdovers: Jackson Allen, Jonathan Davis, Vance Norvil, Eric O'Brian, Diego Souza, Parker Holland, Justin Savinon.

93 holdovers: dan Jackson, Philip, Nolan, matt Brown, and Jason Galiatoto.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 06:02 PM
The only SC holdover I know of is '93 Alex Burnikel of CESA 92 Premier. Congrats Alex.

Anyone have news of the other holdovers?
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 06:32 PM
94 Holdovers: Austen Burnikel, Cole Seiler and Kevin Fielden

Congratulations Boys!
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 06:38 PM
94 defeated N. Texas 3-1! 94's went 3-0-1 WAY TO GO!

Hold overs I heard about: Cole Seiler (CESA 93 I think), Kevin Fielden (not sure what club), Austen Burnikel (CESA 94)
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 06:49 PM
95 played Arkansas this morning: 5-0 win
SC ODP 95 Boys hold overs:
Andrew Eskinazi (MPSC), Erik Clark (CESA), Andrew Davis (MPSC?CESA), Tanner Eggers (CESA), Christian Calloway (CESA), Joseph Wichmann (MPSC).

This has been one of the very best years for SC with many players in pool play each night and 6 players held over. This team was placed in top flight for play in Tuscaloosa which is either a first or very unusual. They clearly proved SC has players to consider for the regional team.
Way to go SC 95 boys!!
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 07:07 PM
94's Kevin Fielden played for Carolina Select (Tega Cay) and Fort Mill HS last season.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 07:48 PM
Quote:

Andrew Eskinazi (MPSC), Erik Clark (CESA), Andrew Davis (MPSC?CESA), Tanner Eggers (CESA), Christian Calloway (CESA), Joseph Wichmann (MPSC).

This has been one of the very best years for SC with many players in pool play each night and 6 players held over. This team was placed in top flight for play in Tuscaloosa which is either a first or very unusual. They clearly proved SC has players to consider for the regional team.
Way to go SC 95 boys!!

Last year SC 92 ODP had 7 players held over with 5 ultimately being named to the region team as the 92's advanced to play in the region championship in New Orleans after going 3-0-0 in Alabama.

Outstanding performances for SC in the younger age groups. Well done!

92's leave in the morning for Alabama and their crack at the competition for their final year of ODP.

Wishing them well!
Posted By: Chantman Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 07:54 PM
Quote:

Andrew Davis = MPSC
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 08:02 PM
Hearing the 94's maybe going to New Orleans. Anyone else hear that?
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 08:10 PM
Quote:

Hearing the 94's maybe going to New Orleans. Anyone else hear that?

That would be very cool and would be back to back region championship appearances for SC. If so, I hope coach Okpodu will be able to join them.

Last year he missed the championship games because of a coaching course conflict. I know he wanted to be with the boys and will want to make this trip, if possible.
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 08:14 PM
Really starting to wonder what effect the USSF Academy is having on the Texas and Florida ODP teams. In years past they were almost unbeatable. I know South Carolina United will be our states only Academy team but I suspect Texas and Florida have several teams that are diluting there odp pool.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 08:42 PM
Quote:

Really starting to wonder what effect the USSF Academy is having on the Texas and Florida ODP teams. In years past they were almost unbeatable. I know South Carolina United will be our states only Academy team but I suspect Texas and Florida have several teams that are diluting there odp pool.

No question there is an impact as the 92's have lost 4 players to the academy for this season, but based on what I've seen at the top levels of ODP and PL there is a huge amount of parity between the three programs. In the 92 age group for instance South Charlotte won their '09 USSF division and CESA 92 played them toe to toe each time during the '08 season.

Many of those players were NC ODP players and the same can be said for other states where players have stayed in USYS or moved to USSF where non USSF clubs have been competitive with USSF clubs. As of now, there is still exceptional talent in both programs at the top levels.

Speaking specifically about SC, I believe the success we're seeing within USYS really comes down to a renewed commitment by the player. Players are getting exceptional coaching at both Club and ODP levels and they're determined to improve each time they step on the pitch. A mindset that anything less is unacceptable appears to be taking shape.

I also predict SC United will take their formerly successful USYS 92 and 91 ODP and Club players and make a significant mark within USSF which I believe will validate what I'm saying about the talent at the top level of each program.

The game has changed and continues to do so for the better in South Carolina.
Posted By: Mad River Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 09:07 PM
Quote:

Way to go SC 95 boys!!

Pretty impressive that the 95's had both keepers chosen (Eggers and Wichman).
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 09:12 PM
I agree we are making progress in SC. You need look no further than the results from the Cesa 92's and Discoveries 91 in Dallas several weeks ago. I guess what is making me scratch my head a little with some of these odp results with Texas and Florida is that if you go back to some SCSOCCER odp threads from maybe 2 years ago all the discussion was how we can compete with most states except Texas and Florida. The reason people gave most often was because of the population disparity. I guess I find it hard to believe we got that much better in 2 short years without some explanation like these 2 states maybe having gone heavy towards Academy.
Posted By: play the game Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 09:12 PM
Andrew Davis is listed on CESA roster for th 94s.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/12/09 09:23 PM
No disagreement from me. What you have happening is SC players stepping up their commitment while a shifting of the talent pool to and from USSF across the country is going on. Based on what I've seen of our more successful SC teams I'd say you'd have pretty competitive matches vs Texas and/or FL USYS or USSF teams for now.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 10:54 AM
Quote:

Andrew Davis is listed on CESA roster for th 94s.

I understand that Andrew Davis and Brock King have both decided to play for CESA 94 Premier - even though their MPSC team is now playing R3PL. They will do well where ever they play.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 11:15 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Andrew Eskinazi (MPSC), Erik Clark (CESA), Andrew Davis (MPSC/CESA), Tanner Eggers (CESA), Christian Calloway (CESA), Joseph Wichmann (MPSC).

Way to go SC 95 boys!!

Pretty impressive that the 95's had both keepers chosen (Eggers and Wichman).

Impressive indeed. Tanner Eggers was selected as US National Team (U-14) keeper last year and will most likely continue his play at that level. He is the full package. His playing on the national team level leaves the door open to consider the next best keeper in the region. There also had been rumors that Tanner would skip up to the 17s, but that has only been done by a few players - and again, it is just a rumor.

Joseph Wichmann (I understand) allowed fewer goals at camp in state games and 3 pool games. He has shown great technical abilities and improved leadership in his role with club and ODP.

I think it goes back to what MANCHESTER said about the players understanding that they have to play at their best everytime they step on the pitch - and then play even better the next time, and the next time...

It will be interesting to see how the hold over camp goes.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 02:48 PM
Great work by both keepers. Which club does Wichman play for?
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 06:33 PM
Quote:

I agree we are making progress in SC. You need look no further than the results from the Cesa 92's and Discoveries 91 in Dallas several weeks ago. I guess what is making me scratch my head a little with some of these odp results with Texas and Florida is that if you go back to some SCSOCCER odp threads from maybe 2 years ago all the discussion was how we can compete with most states except Texas and Florida. The reason people gave most often was because of the population disparity. I guess I find it hard to believe we got that much better in 2 short years without some explanation like these 2 states maybe having gone heavy towards Academy.

Bebe Le Strange,

Here's a bit of validation of my point regarding parity between the talent in USYS and USSF. As you probably know, the Clash of the Carolinas is a match held between the top senior high school players from SC and NC. It's probably fair to assume 95% of these players are also USYS or USSF players.

During their match on Sat. the two sides finished in a 0-0 draw. To me, that's another example of high level competition where there is a fairly even talent pool drawn from USYS and USSF . . . as of this year.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2009/jul/12/local_players_close_out_prep_careers89011/
Posted By: rollingpurple Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 07:03 PM
No doubt about it that the Academy League holds more of the best players all over the country.. ODP is going down.. but is still a good thing to do if your club ball team is not in the Academy. Some states aren't even sending a team down to Regional's because lack of participation to the ODP program because so many players have turned to the Academy as the number one development. ODP this year for the boys is probably not near as strong as last year and the years before because of Academy. Good luck to the remaining participants in ODP and keep making a name for SC in a good manor.
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 07:14 PM
It looks like the academy will become more appealing to players as the route to take in advancing their soccer. What is the USYS doing to counter this? Can ODP continue to exist? Or will it become a secondary avenue for players?
Posted By: rollingpurple Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 07:19 PM
That what i was wondering? will ODP still exists? I dont think USYS can counter the Academy..
Posted By: Bebe Le Strange Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 07:23 PM
Manchester,

I'm certainly not disagreeing there is parity between USYS and USSF right now. Nor am I disagreeing South Carolina seemingly has made strides in leveling the playing field between ourselves and other states in Region III. I guess what I am saying is that two short years ago we were on this very board complaining as to what we could do to compete with the Texas's and Florida's of our region. To put it bluntly we hung on for dear life every time we faced them. Seemingly, something has happened in those states to make us more competitive in odp. In checking the upcoming USSF Academy schedules for the 2009 - 2010 season I find that Texas has their very own division - they will have 9 teams to our 1 in both the U16 and U 18 age brackets. That tells me that state has gone heavy to the Academy. Therefore, even though the argument can be made they are a much more populated state and still have a huge pool to choose from for odp - they also seem to have really bought into the Academy more than we have at this point in time. I'm sure this has had an effect on their odp program thus allowing us to win games vs. them. Something that has rarely happened in the past. So what I guess I'm really saying is let's don't simply look at these odp region wins and think we are there yet. We are getting there so let's enjoy the odp success while at the same time being realistic as to what may be going on. Apparently with only one Academy club in our state currently we haven't diluted our odp pool quite as bad as Texas right now. I still feel odp will have a purpose but it no longer is the only avenue to furthering ones development with the ultimate goal being - making the national team.

Below is a link to the Academy schedules for the 2009 - 2010 year.

2009-2010 Academy Teams & Schedules
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/13/09 08:32 PM
I'd say we're pretty much in agreement on the issue. I would suspect a close look at the lower level teams within the academy would result in sub-par evaluations of most players as the top players are either on top academy teams or top USYS teams. For example, there's no way all 9 Texas divisions would all defeat our top ODP or PL teams and I know you're not saying they would.

In fact, in the academy it's kind of hard to determine what the best team is because of the required playing time in the program. Teams that could have won in their playoffs in Greensboro may not have because the best players may have not been on the field because of playing time requirements. No problem with that, it's just a different philosophy regarding player development which impacts the true 'winning ability' of a team.

I think we can agree there is excellent talent at the top levels of both programs and within the ranks of all levels of the academy where playing time is mandated.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 03:20 AM
Joe Wichmann plays for MPSC 94 Premier. There are 6 keepers at the holdover - lots of competition.

Good pool game tonight for the 95 hold overs. 48 or so players and everyone got a chance to show thier stuff - with the exception of Andrew Davis, who suffered a hip pointer earlier in the camp and is forced to sit on the sidelines - for now. Christian Calloway played both halves. Andrew Eskinazi had an assist and another excellent opportunity (1 v 1 with keeper), but was taken down in the box. No fould called. 13 players from Florida alone. SC has 6. Not bad for such a small state.

Boys found themselves getting flu shots earlier today as 95 coach Derek Marinatos is quarenteened for a bad case of (hopefully plain old) flu. I think the players were given Tamaflu and later a shot. A Tennesee coach also came down with symptoms and is supposedly been quarenteened. Never a dull moment...
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 02:27 PM
Is this flu thing cause for concern?
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 04:16 PM
SC 92 vs FL: 0-3 this morning.

Reportedly controlled the second half with more use of the midfield, but too little too late. Need to work for a better result tomorrow vs LA.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 06:51 PM
Turns out they never gave shots to the boys. Sounds like all is okay in that department right now.

Good but light session this morning. 95s slept in and will play final game this evening. It is hot, but at least it is humid.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 09:15 PM
SC 96 boys Played Arkansas 5-0 this morning. Sorry don't know who scored, but it was rather lop/one sided game.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 09:22 PM
More 96 Boys news:

Patrick Khouri (DISA), Andrew Raad (Discoveries), Rex Epps (Cola), Avery Ryan (Cola) all made pool game for tonight.

GO SC!
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 10:00 PM
Six SC 92's selected for pool game tonight.

Faris, Smith, Nobels, Palma, Garbonzo, Lunceford, Burkholder
Posted By: rollingpurple Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/14/09 10:30 PM
too bad it's not as much of an accomplishment to be in pool games anymore.. Odp was such a good program.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 02:07 AM
Considering the lay of the land between USYS and USSF I can see where it might be easy to say that, but the truth of the matter is it's all about development and exposure to coaches at the next level in either program.

Plenty of D1 Head and Assistant coaches are involved with ODP and are in AL to not only watch games during the day but to also see the pool games. Whether making a pool game is referred to as an accomplishment or an opportunity doesn't really matter.

Not much point in running it down because it is another opportunity for abilities to be evaluated personally and objectively.
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 02:57 AM
Quote:

Considering the lay of the land between USYS and USSF I can see where it might be easy to say that, but the truth of the matter is it's all about development and exposure to coaches at the next level in either program.

Plenty of D1 Head and Assistant coaches are involved with ODP and are in AL to not only watch games during the day but to also see the pool games. Whether making a pool game is referred to as an accomplishment or an opportunity doesn't really matter.

Not much point in running it down because it is another opportunity for abilities to be evaluated personally and objectively.

Spot on Man. The level of play is difficult to equal. It is both an opportunity and (very much) an accomplishment. Too bad everyone can't have as positive an attitude.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 03:59 AM
U17 and U18 National Team Coaches are in Alabama evaluating players this week.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 03:06 PM
SC 92's vs LA: Final 4-2

SC led at half 1-0 on a goal by Will Frei with the assist coming from Ryan Freiburger. Emmett Lunceford opened the second half scoring five minutes in with a sweet volley of a loose ball driven into the top of the net from 25 yards out. The first LA goal came two minutes later to make it 2-1.

LA followed their first goal with another 10 minutes later making it a 2-2 draw.

In the final 20 minutes SC's Drew Smith cut a defender on the right side of the box and found the net for a nice goal with his left. During the final stretch of the game Hunter Wyer found the feet of Ricardo Garbonzo who scored goal number 4 with a nice short range finish from inside the box.

Goals: Frei, Lunceford, Smith, Garbonzo
Assists: Frieburger, Wyer
Posted By: rollingpurple Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 05:37 PM
Congrats to S.C. on the win...Garbanzo always scores haha that NW boy!!

Manchester, just a question but are you a coach? Or Emmits dad? you sure do write about him a lot? If your a coach thats understandable.. but if your a parent thats a little queer..

Is rickk the only NW boy on the team? People watch out for him.. he is one darn good player.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 06:38 PM
Quote:

Congrats to S.C. on the win...Garbanzo always scores haha that NW boy!!

Manchester, just a question but are you a coach? Or Emmits dad? you sure do write about him a lot? If your a coach thats understandable.. but if your a parent thats a little queer..

Is rickk the only NW boy on the team? People watch out for him.. he is one darn good player.

I'm his dad and I do my best to remain objective as I report the facts of a match when they are available, regardless of who is involved in their success or failure.

My objective as a contributor to dialogue in this forum is to bring attention to the success of accomplished players, teams and coaches with whom I am familiar. Fortunately, I'm able to be associated with a fine group of athletes who all strive to reach their personal best which often gives me great content to post.

And Ricky is the only NW player on the SC team to my knowledge.
Posted By: rollingpurple Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 06:53 PM
Oh okay...You go a little overboard sometimes haha but all is good i suppose. Ricky is so good. He will need to keep scoring so he can take Enzo's place and score at least 50 for us next year.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 07:02 PM
Quote:

Oh okay...You go a little overboard sometimes haha but all is good i suppose. Ricky is so good. He will need to keep scoring so he can take Enzo's place and score at least 50 for us next year.

No worries. When our boy Ricky hits what I've called his signature volley again and again as he did in the state final and twice in Dallas, I post it. No mention of my son unless he played the ball to him. Being a NW fan I'm sure you love seeing that, which is the response I hope to inspire from soccer fans on this forum who may follow a particular player or team.
Posted By: momofboywholovessoccer Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 07:28 PM
Manchester,

Did all the 92's choose to go to Regionals? Or did any academy players choose to not travel?
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 07:39 PM
Quote:

Manchester,

Did all the 92's choose to go to Regionals? Or did any academy players choose to not travel?

To the best of my recollection we lost the following three players, Limbaugh, Demare and Padulla to the academy. When Bridge came into existence, we lost three or so then as well. All of whom were starters during their ODP stint.

Pretty sure Oliver Nobels is the only player in AL who will be playing USSF for SC United.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 10:09 PM
7/15 '92 Pool Game Selections:

Smith, Nobels, Palma, Garbonzo, Lunceford, Burkholder, Frei, Lee, Zwing, Faris
Posted By: Chantman Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/15/09 10:59 PM
96 Boys

SC (1) - 5 over FL (3) - 1
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/16/09 05:15 AM
There were two pool games for the 92's again tonight. The score of one of the games was 2-2 with Ricky Garbonzo drawing a foul and scoring from the spot. The other goal for this pool team which included Mathew Palma ('10 PC), Lunceford and Garbonzo was scored by LA forward Mullins ('10 Maryland)

Pool games are reduced to one Thursday night. No information on the second game available.
Posted By: Fireant Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/16/09 02:47 PM
96 Boys (I) are now 3-0. They defeated Alabama (I) today 4-1.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/16/09 05:27 PM
It sounds like they may be headed for New Orleans in January if hey finished #1. Great job, particularly at an age group where the division between USYS and USSF should not be a factor yet.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/16/09 09:17 PM
Final pool selections for 92's:
Zwing, Nobels, Burkholder, Garbonzo, Palma, Lunceford and Smith

Match time @ 8pm CST
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 10:57 AM
Any news on how the 96 did last night? Any SC players to the pool?
Posted By: Fireant Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 11:38 AM
Quote:

Any news on how the 96 did last night? Any SC players to the pool?

No news from last night, but they play S. TX this morning.
Posted By: Fireant Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 01:53 PM
At the half, SC 96 Boys 1 and S. Texas boys 0
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 02:08 PM
Quote:

At the half, SC 96 Boys 1 and S. Texas boys 0

GO you little Palmetto Bugs!!
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 02:26 PM
what % of parents go watch their players at opd camp? are there a ton of parents that go or not many? how do the the players feel about having their parents come watch?
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 03:34 PM
Quote:

what % of parents go watch their players at opd camp? are there a ton of parents that go or not many? how do the the players feel about having their parents come watch?

Not really sure how the players feel about their parents being there. I guess that is a situation that differs from player to player. I don't think it is like having your parents come to the prom with you.

There is a fairly small % of parents that attend the regional camp/evaluations. The players are housed in dorms and are sequestered from their parents - which is okay and is part of the experience. Obviously there are more parents that attend the younger ages and less for the older groups.

Since the transportation (from and back to Columbia)is taken care of by the state association (and parents $$) this gives parents even less reason to travel to the camp/evaluation. In the happy event that your player is selected as a 'hold over' for the three day regional team evaluations it is the responsobility of the parents to get their player home - thus a few more parents for the hold over.

From what I understand and have witnessed, the parents are very well behaved. There is no parent coaching or even words of encouragement. The parents are observers only - as it should be.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 03:49 PM
SC 92's vs FL: Final in Regulation 0-0
Lost in PK's

Camp Win/Loss: 1-2-0
Posted By: Fireant Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 04:57 PM
FINAL: SC 96 Boys 1 STX Boys 0
Posted By: SCU/MP President Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 07:16 PM
Quote:

FINAL: SC 96 Boys 1 STX Boys 0

Way to go SC!! From my count - that makes them 3-0-0 with 10 goals for and only 2 against. Any word on any SC players going to the pool game tonight?
Posted By: Will Eudy Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/17/09 11:01 PM
Great week for SC in the 1996 age group. Five players were selected for the region pool.Avery Ryan and Randall Phillips made the region pool.

Rex Epps, Andrew Raad, and Patrick Khouri were all selected to the 24 member team going to US U14 National Team Camp in Boston in two weeks. This is the U14 I.D. Program!

Well Done Boys! Great Week!

More to come once we get of this bus
Posted By: mustangs Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/18/09 12:48 PM
I had the chance to watch the 96 boys (team 1)all week, and they were clearly the best team in Alabama. They outscored the competion 15-2 that including a 1-0 win over South Texas(team 1)to cap off the week.

They had three players that were in the pool games every night Rex Epps, Andrew Raad, and Patrick Khouri. These 3 players would go on to make the National Player Pool.

The kid that really look special was Rex Epps. He was outstanding all week with 6 goals and 2 assists. He stole the show on the last night of pool games with a very nice left footed shoot to seal the 1-0 win in the top tier pool game.

South Carolina, this team is something special.
Posted By: letmeputittooyouthisway Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/18/09 01:25 PM

"Five players were selected for the region pool"

what club and team do the boys play for and where any u12?
Posted By: mustangs Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/18/09 03:35 PM
None of these players are u12 to my knowledge.

Rex Epps and Avery Ryan plays for CUFC U14 Elite Team.

Andrew Raad plays U14 for Discovery.

Patrick Khouri plays for DESA.

I'm not sure where Randall Phillips plays.
Posted By: Manchester Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/18/09 03:53 PM
Quote:

Great week for SC in the 1996 age group. Five players were selected for the region pool.Avery Ryan and Randall Phillips made the region pool.

Rex Epps, Andrew Raad, and Patrick Khouri were all selected to the 24 member team going to US U14 National Team Camp in Boston in two weeks. This is the U14 I.D. Program!

Well Done Boys! Great Week!

More to come once we get of this bus

Great showing for Molinary and Eudy's boys as well! SC continues to put their "stamp on the game". I don't know the others boys, but Rex was special six years ago when we first saw him. Best of luck during National Camp!
Posted By: SoccerPOP9194 Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/18/09 03:54 PM
Way to go boys!

So how many teams did we end up with going to the regional championship?
Posted By: TS Re: ODP Regionals - Boys - 07/22/09 02:54 PM
The below is an e-mail from Mary Bynum. Congratulations to all involved.

Congratulations!

The 1994 SC ODP State Team qualified at Region Camp for the ODP Regional Championship games January 14 – 18, 2010. Both the 1994 Boys and Girls qualified and both teams will travel in January to the games. The venue has not been voted on by the State Presidents yet. As information comes in, I will get it to you. All players on the current 2009 roster are eligible to play in this event. This is the third year for the Regional Championship games. (In years past, the teams qualified at Region Camp and went directly to the National Championship.) And, it will be South Carolina’s third year of qualifying teams. It has been a great event for our SC players and I look forward to joining you in January for these games! The winners go on to the National ODP Championship in March 2010.
© SC Soccer