SC Soccer
Posted By: Anonymous Spring Challenge Cup - 02/15/05 12:31 AM
Who will end CESA's run of state title from November in the spring? U14B Discoveries are #1 and should be there. U13B CSC Burn have improved and will challenge. Any others??
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/15/05 01:42 AM
CESA has traditionaly been very strong in the younger ages groups but the Discoveries team is very tough, and has some players that can do some damage to CESA.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/15/05 02:29 PM
Discoveries U14B got a little stronger this spring. Picked up a player from Charlotte and a player from Tennessee who moved into the area.
Posted By: pilgrim Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/17/05 04:38 AM
Hurst66 --

You have posted a lot since your entry into SCSoccer.com two weeks ago. You have a lot to say, I guess.
Posted By: pilgrim Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/17/05 03:03 PM
Mr. Hurst --

I am sorry about that post from last night. I am a Wildcat fan and ever since Tubby's boys lsot to Carolina I haven't been quite right. Please excuse me.
Posted By: Hurst66 Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/17/05 07:01 PM
No problem Pilgrim. I try to choose my posts carefully.

UK sucks and probably blew a #1 seed and a trip to Nashville in the first round of NCAA's. Sparks played terrible and the rest of the 'Cats looked like they were asleep. On the Cocks side, Powell finally woke up at the end of the game and went crazy!

You should have put them away early so Ashley Judd could have turned off the TV and gotten her beauty rest.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/17/05 11:52 PM
The U13 CSC boys team will beat cesa. In both the games they have played them csc has dominated and just not finished a couple chances. Oh, and look out for Joey Demare. He's a very good player with a great shot and amazing speed, and great finishing ability. I guarantee CSC Burn u13 will win states.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 02/18/05 12:38 PM
Nice to have that support, Rock. Thanks. But it will be a tough battle to unseat U13B CESA. They are the defending champs and a very good team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/03/05 12:17 PM
Concorde Cup results

CESA U14B won Concorde Cup Champions Division last weekend, beating Concorde Fire Elite in finals 2-1. Concorde Fire had beaten Discoveries 3-0 earlier. CESA finished 3-0-1, while Discoveries were 2-1. Good show for both.

CESA U13B tied Norcross Fury in their bracket of Champions Division, and I believe failed to make finals after PKs decided bracket winner (all tie-breakers were even-up; head-to-head, goals against, goals for). Finished 1-0-2

CSC U13B failed to make it to finals in 2nd flight after a 1-1-1 finish in a very competitive bracket. Charlotte Blue made it out of the bracket with record of 1-0-2 and won finals 2-0. CSC had tied Charlotte.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/03/05 04:20 PM
CESA U-14's win was very impressive.

Should be a great Premier league Region III for SC teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/05/05 02:02 PM
Good U14B games this weekend.

DSC Mutiny and CESA Premier are in Charlotte this weekend for 2 Premier League games.

SSC Rapids Blue play Coastal Attack today at Socastee.

These 4 teams, plus CESA Challenge, make U14B the strongest and most competetive division in the state.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/06/05 01:34 AM
CESA challenge has a much better coach than they did in the fall. The team has already turned it around and is beating teams that creamed it in the fall. The talent on that team is strong. They will improve as the season progresses. I'm not saying they will win state, but they do have a shot at it. Especially if other teams take them for granted.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/07/05 11:22 AM
U14B this weekend-

Premier
DSC Mutiny 2 CUFC Gold 0
DSC Mutiny 0 CSC Blue 0
CESA Premier 1 CSC Blue 4
CESA Premier 2 CUFC Gold 0

SCSCL
Coastal Attack 2 SSC Blue 1
CESA Challenge 4 Spartanburg 3

U13B

CSC Burn 4 Northside Storm 0
CESA Premier 2 SSC Explosion 0
CESA Premier 2 MPSC White 1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/07/05 01:08 PM
U-14 A and B summerville Rapids should be strong and put up a fight against CESA. even though they both had a hard time against cesa challenge, that doesnt matter.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/07/05 04:25 PM
Was really surprised by CESA's loss to CSC. Although i think CSC will do well this year.

Coastal and SSC will both have a big say on the outcome of State cup along with CESA and DSC
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/09/05 03:50 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe that the CSC that beat CESA is Charlotte Soccer Club, not Columbia Soccer Club.
Posted By: caalam Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/09/05 07:26 PM
I know ya'll are talking boys teams now, but I'll chime in on girls U12. CESA did lose to Mt. Pleasant earlier this season, but it was just luck on Mt. Pleasants part. These girls have talent but they are coached to hold which is very frustrating to the teams that play them. The girls are good enough to win in a heads up game without that. If they get beat going down the field, they would rather reach out and hold so their team can reset their defense. I guess other teams will have to play them the same way to have a chance. If they don't then the U12 CESA Premier team will win the Spring Challenge Cup.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/10/05 10:27 AM
You are right CF, CSC Blue is Charlotte Soccer Club (plays in Premier League). The only boys teams from South Carolina teams playing in the Premier league right now are DSC and CESA Premier, U14B teams.

CSC Burn is Columbia Soccer Club; Columbia Soccer Club has no U14B teams this season.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/14/05 11:19 AM
U14B Premier
DSC 2 CESA Premier 0

U13B SCSCL
CESA Challenge 2 CSC 0

Discoveries reestablish their #1 spot in the U14 Boys.

CSC cannot stumble again in U13B if they want to stay in top 2. They play CESA Premier this coming Sunday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/20/05 02:10 PM
U14B - DSC and CESA are in Charlotte Saturday and Sunday playing the top two premier teams, CASL Elite and Carolina Select. Good luck, boys.

U13B - Saturday CSC 6-0 over Northside; CESA Challenge vs CESA Premier (score not posted).

U13B - Sunday CSC vs CESA Premier.....should be a good game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/20/05 11:27 PM
CSC U13 Navy - 4

CESA Premier - 1

Great game!!!! 1-0 CESA at half and then CSC come back with two goals from Leo and two from Joey DeMare. CSC also missing two starters!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/21/05 11:41 AM
Looks like DSC U14B beat CASL 3-1 and tied Carolina Select 0-0........great job against top competition!!!!

Also heard that U13B CESA Challenge tied CESA Premier this weekend. Sounds like they will have a say in what happens at state cup.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/21/05 11:58 AM
The 4-1 score in the U13B CSC/CESA match does not reflect how close the game really was. It was 2-1 until CESA gave up two free kicks toward the end of the game, each from about 30 out. Joey converted both. The 2nd goal was on a mistake between a defender and the goalie, and Leo picked it up and put it into an empty net.
Posted By: BDad11 Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/21/05 01:51 PM
Joey and Leo, are they Brazilians that only go by one name? Like Kaka!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/21/05 07:17 PM
True, but good teams converte on others mistakes!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/21/05 07:18 PM
Did you watch the game irmo4now? who are you
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/22/05 08:08 PM
CSC did convert on CESA mistakes, that's for sure. I am a relative of a player; enough said. Who are you?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 03/22/05 08:10 PM
Leo and Joey play like Brazilians at times, BDAD.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/05/05 02:47 PM
U13B CSC vs CESA Premier again this Saturday. CESA was runner-up last weekend at Jefferson Cup in 2nd flight, losing in Finals to North Mecklenburg 1-0. They have been very successful in some great tournaments this year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/05/05 07:58 PM
That is very impressive and good for South Carolina! What are some of your predictions/keys to this game?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/06/05 01:45 AM
CSC must come out strong.......cannot fall behind CESA and be successful
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/10/05 10:02 AM
U13B - CESA Premier scored in 1st half, then held on to win 2-0 over CSC, adding a header in last minutes. A good match.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/19/05 11:32 AM
U14B - Discoveries finished Premier season with a graet brecord of 6-1-3 (they lost a game with GSA Phoenix from Ga - looks like it will not be made up). CESA Premier ended up at 4-4-3. Both teams were great. Be tough for anyone to challenge either for a state title shot. Enzo ended season with all 3 goals in a 2-0 win and a 1-1 tie vs Ga teams.

U13B - CSC won 4-0, 3-1, 6-2 this weekend to take 2nd place in SCSCL and earn a 1st roung bye along with 1st place CESA Premier. Should be a good semi-final round.

Good luck to all.
Posted By: CornerFlag Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/21/05 02:53 AM
I've seen Ezno play before. The kids awesome. If I were CESA (or anyone else for that matter), I'd try to keep the ball away from him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spring Challenge Cup - 04/24/05 12:33 PM
First Round Results

U14 Boys -

SSC BLUE...... 2 CESA CHALLENGE 1
COASTAL ATTACK 4 MPSC WHITE.... 0
CESA PREMIER.. 6 NECSA FUSION.. 0
DSC MUTINY.... 4 SSC WHITE..... 0
-----------------------------------------------
U13 Boys -

CESA CHALLENGE. 2 SSC EXPLOSION 0
NORTHSIDE STORM 2 MPSC WHITE... 1

only 6 teams, top 2 got bye in 1st round
CSC BURN NAVY
CESA PREMIER

Semis should be:
CESA Premier vs Northside Storm
CSC Burn vs CESA Challenge
------------------------------------------------
U12 Boys -

NECSA APEX... 2 NORTHSIDE RHINOS 1
MPSC WHITE... 2 AIKEN GALAXY.... 0
SSC LIGHTNING 2 CESA CHALLENGE.. 0
CESA PREMIER. 4 CASC RANGERS.... 0
-------------------------------------------------
U11 Boys -

Only 4 teams - no 1st round games necessary
LCSC BLITZ
NECSA VIPERS
CSC BURN NAVY
CESA PREMIER
U14 Girls -

AIKEN DYNAMITES 2 CUSC FUSION 1

only 5 teams, top 3 got bye in 1st round
CESA CHALLENGE
CSC BURN NAVY
CESA PREMIER
U13 Girls -

SPARTAN FC.. 2 COASTAL GSG ORANGE CRUSH 1
CESA PREMIER 2 CESA CHALLENGE 0

only 6 teams, top 2 got bye in 1st round
NECSA STRIKERS
MPSC WHITE
U12 Girls -

CSC BURN NAVY 3 SPARTAN FC....... 2
LCSC BURN.... 5 NORTHSIDE HUSKIES 2
MPSC WHITE... 3 NECSA BLAZERS.... 0
CESA PREMIER. 5 CESA CHALLENGE... 1
U11 Girls -

AIKEN FIREBALLS 1 LCSC LASERS 0

only 5 teams, top 3 got bye in 1st round
LCSC LIGHTNING
CSC BURN NAVY
CESA PREMIER

www.hotstat.com then click on SCSCL in box at top right for info

CESA remains alive for a sweep with at least 1 team alive in all 8 divisions.
© SC Soccer