Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
goal kick
goal kick
what happened to the days when you could just roll out one ball, watch a game and the best players would show their talents.

as far as the running with the ball thing i've heard that coaches are pretty big on the whole passing to move down the field concept.

but what do i know?

A
bench
bench
A
i agree "combine" type testing CAN be over-analyzed and over-rated but it is a good measure of "potential" and athleticism...college coaches want to see not just how good the athlete is in HS but how much better they can still become. The best HS player in any sport is not always the most recruited for college because "up side" is taken into account. There has been research done to compare combine scores and "success" in the NFL which i think corelates to many sports...

Combine score must be taken for what they are and not have to much weight put on them....

Last edited by AthletesArena; 01/30/09 12:12 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Here is a picture from the Greenvilleonline webpage. The picture is disturbing as the players foot is bent awkwardly.

CESA boys combine picture

Does anyone know if the player knee was injured or not? Hopefully he is OK!!

corner kick
corner kick
His left leg is just crossed over the right leg, the kid on the ground, that is. The depth makes it look weird, but the foot isn't twisted at all, that's just his right foot on the ground.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
corner kick
corner kick
Thanks for pointing that out !! Sure looks weird though. I went back and compared the bottom of the cleats to convince my old eyes and brain.

corner kick
corner kick
It took me a second glance to figure it out too, lol. I was horrified at first, but then I saw the bright smile on his face and it just didn't fit.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
kick off
kick off
Ahggg!

Looks like someone kicked his lower right arm off too!

My kids aren't going out for soccer any more :-)

Homer no function beer well without
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard