Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
goal
goal
W
Are they(CESA) still going to Dallas Cup.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

Could not find a better trainer in his own backyard than Kian Brownlee at MPSC U14. I hate to quote the Fresh Prince but "Parents Just Don't Understand"
Good Luck EC

Not sure what Kian and MPSC have to do with EC playing with CESA.

I am sorry I did not reference Loc Dog comment on development. I hope I am using quote properly this time.

I am responding in terms of continued development for someone as talented as EC. Anyone can transfer to a team with a higher winning percentage but is it a better move developmentally. It will certainly be a boost to CESA but will it be a boost to his development. I do not disagree with club hopping with a purpose for development.

There were a group of boys at MPSC that were getting overlooked. They went to another club with an ex-professional player for a trainer. They developed tremendously and even followed that trainer to another club where they are playing currently. They have had good success as far as winning but even greater success as soccer players. That is what training is all about.

I was referring to Kian as an option and MPSC as the identifier of where he is located not as an indication of his qualifications or any kind of conspiracy. I do feel that someone in the mental health industry could benefit financially by counseling those whom are still bitter from the absorption of the Hungryneck Soccer Club.

Tired of typing must stop.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
SBB,
You are right. EC won't develop at CESA. He will simply drive to Greenville and play pick up games with lesser players and inferior coaching and for a club with no vision, infrastructure, or resources.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Sarcasm so early in the morning?

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 02/19/09 02:35 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
GOD DERN LOC DOG OUT HERE DOIN UFC MOVES AT 9 AM GETTIN SOME EXERCISE

GIVING EVERYONE THE TREATMENT!!!!!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Will,
They are still going to the Dallas Cup.

Maybe Kickin it can tell why someone would leave the best option for boys players out there.He had a lot to say earlier about this topic.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I have found that when players or parents feel like they have hit a dead end or a hurdle where they are at..they look somewhere else..Don't know what their situation might be.I would bet to say that they feel this move is in their best interests.

W
goal
goal
W
thanks. Thats big time.

M
bench
bench
M
It seems interesting that Eric would leave considering the Bridge FA trainers and Bridge Academy training is what made him be able to acheive his current high level of play. Will see if the grass is greener

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Kind of a funky comment, mpheel. For the record....my sons team played both CESA 94 and Bridge 94 this past Fall.

My take is this.....too many parents are too quick to not give good coaching sufficient credit in their kids development. Conversely, too many clubs and coaches......are too quick to claim or accept credit for their good players development.

I've seen this young guy play a number of times....in a variety of different settings and he's a really, really good player. And, he would be a really, really good player whether he lived in MP or Columbia or Raleigh or CHicago or Atlanta. Give him the credit he deserves......he's not a great player becasue of Bridge. They helped, for sure......but he'd be the player he is....regardless.

The CESA 94 team he's going to is a fabulous team. They are exceedingly well coached and play a terrific style. I guarantee his development will not stall out with this team, my guess is it will accelerate rapidly.

The Bridge team he left was ok....but not remotely comparable to the team he's joined. The level of teammate and the level of coaching he'll get with this team....will be superior to what he got at Bridge, or anywhere else in Region 3 geography...save maybe 1 or 2 places in Texas.

Bridge is a funny animal. Their 93 Boys team played as good a soccer as anyone around....a very elegant style, obviously well coached. Their 92 team was ok.....good, but not VERY good. Never a threat to the CESA team. I guess what I'm trying to say is.....without being ugly, I just don't see how the BFA can hang in there. Their older teams have aged out and outside of the U16 Academy team....what do they have? At least on the boys side.

I just don't think they have the momentum required to maintain a USSF Academy program. There are very good players in that area. But for whatever reason....they no longer seem to be getting them. And Charleston is a lovely city....but its not exactly a cross roads in pulling kids in from out of town to play.

Most parents try to make solid decisions for their kids that are in their best interests....not about pride or ego or whatever. As a third party when I look at the 94 CESA team....and then compare it to the apparent talent pool at Bridge in a 94-95-96 birthyear perspective...it ain't close. There are a handful of hyper talented 94 birthyear players at BFA for sure...just not sure thats enough to fuel an Academy team, or program... in the coming years.

Seems like the family made a reasonable decision to me.

Last edited by Big Daddy; 02/26/09 09:39 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard