Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#122441 05/21/09 04:26 PM
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
ESPN has confirmed they will attend the Northwestern vs IRMO match on Saturday. Pre-game, post-game and follow-up articles will be written and will include photos and highlights from before and after of what is the most anticipated high school soccer match in SC history. Video highlights accompanied by commentary will be featured in the ESPN Rise TV show next week.

Finally, the FAB 50 will be released announcing the National Champion.

Congratulations to all teams making it to the finals and in particular to IRMO and Northwestern for putting South Carolina Soccer in the National spotlight via ESPN.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
this is pretty awesome

throw in
throw in
so will they be showing the game on a tape delay or something on ESPNU or Classic?

bench
bench
I was wondering the same thing. Also, does anyone know if DVD's of the championship games will be available for order/purchase?

corner kick
corner kick
good idea about the dvds.

someone on this site should think about streaming some games live next year. that would be awesome, sp the good play off games.

a live chat would be nice too. just a few ideas.

Club of the century.
Brace
Brace
You may have noticed over the past few years for the Palmetto Cup, State Championships, North/South, and Clash events that SCSoccer.com has done a running tally of every match that we could handle. The same applies this year so long as my air card holds out -- there's no network connectivity at Memorial Stadium.

We've looked into audio streaming in the most economical manner we can find, and most of the services require more bandwidth than an air card can handle. Perhaps at one of the All Star events ... Sponsorships are hard to come by but if anyone can fund it we can probably manage it. Right now we are barely getting enough money to put on all three events. And sadly, the people who would be doing the commentary would almost always be busy putting on other aspects of the tournament. Volunteers are always appreciated (see other posts throughout the season).

Hope this helps. DE

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
I will look into the possibility of making the game footage available on dvd.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
corner kick
corner kick
im going to school for editing so i can help when i have time. school and work are always hard to handle but this is our game and we have to find a way to make things happen.

ill pm you to see in what way i can help.

thank for the feedback.

Club of the century.
D
kick off
kick off
D
Dave,
I have broadcast sports over the radio for about twenty years including local soccer games and would be glad to donate my time for such a broadcast in the future.

Last edited by DaveSexton; 05/22/09 10:45 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Article posted on ESPN Rise today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/news/story?id=4197621

Wow is it 7:00 PM Saturday yet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard