Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#139584 09/13/10 05:12 AM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Can someone confirm for me the difference between CESA Premier and CESA Challenge. I thought the Premier team was the top team and Challenge would be the 2nd team. I just happen to see their U17 Girls Challenge team play in the Aiken cup and then again saw them play in a league game today in Columbia and can't imagine that is their 2nd team. If they are....wow where did they pull all that talent from. The keeper on that Challenge team is something to watch - surely that is not a 2nd team keeper. Has that club made changes to their team structure?

D
Goal
Goal
D
CESA Premier is top team, Challenge is 2nd team. Have you seen the Premier team keeper?

world cup
world cup
CESA 93 Premier and SC United - Mount Pleasant 93 Girls are two very strong teams. Below is a link to the U-17 Girls Region III Premier League standings which shows the two teams in 3rd and 4th place.

http://www.soccerincollege.com/TTSchedul...&div=U17F01

Most years you may have one South Carolina girls team do well, and the other team in the age group is usually at the bottom of the standings. Not the case this year, both of these teams can play.

I've been around South Carolina club soccer for over 10 years and never before have I seen this kind of depth in one girls age group. Credit the players, parents, coaches and clubs.

.....and hats off to the CESA 93 Challenge girls U-17 team. They are fantastic.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
Goal
L
the 90g age group was loaded with talent but the talent was spread across several teams with some playing up in age. cesa wasn't able to get the mt pl top girl players and only 2 from the midland area. this group of players as HS seniors beat the NC allstar team at blackbaud. we'll see how the 92g as HS seniors fair against NC next summer.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

the 90g age group was loaded with talent but the talent was spread across several teams with some playing up in age. cesa wasn't able to get the mt pl top girl players and only 2 from the midland area. this group of players as HS seniors beat the NC allstar team at blackbaud. we'll see how the 93g as HS seniors fair against NC next summer.

Don't you think you need to factor in the strength (and organization) of the North Carolina All-Star team for both years?

How can you determine how strong the NC team was that year versus how strong the NC team will be next year? I wouldn't base everything on the outcome of a high school all-star game?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
Goal
L
whoops meant to say 92g. i know the 93g group is strong.

i'm not saying its a good comparison.....its just happens to be an event each year that the NC girl’s team usually steam-rolls the SC team.

S
kick off
kick off
S
soccercoach, yeah she is the challenge goalie and she is pretty darn good. I know the family real well and there is some difference between her and the premier goalie but not a whole lot.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
Delta Dog - I have seen the Premier team keeper play - they actually had 2 keepers when I saw them a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, they are also good keepers but the saves I saw this Challenge keeper make both in Aiken in Columbia were unheard of. That keeper along with the way that team plays as a whole made me question if CESA made some changes to how they name their teams.
Soccer 11 - you are right I don't think there is to much different between the Level 1 and Level 2 keepers. If a Level 2 keeper can make saves like that then CESA must be doing something to get these keepers to that level. Hats off to them.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
soccer 11 - you say you know the family of the Challenge keeper. In conversation with someone today they said she was also the JL Mann keeper last year. I have seen the JL Mann Keeper play for both HS and Club and have even commented on her before - she was a freshman last year but I don't recognize this keeper as the same one. Do you know if the CESA 93 Challenge Keeper was the keeper for JL Mann last year? Didn't look like her but I could be wrong.
Anyone know if the CESA Challenge and Premier team will play each other? I don't see them scheduled to play in SCSCL.
Hurst 66 - will they play the SC United MP girls you mention above. Would love to watch any one of those games.

If CESA hasn't changedt their team placement / naming strategy then that age group must be pretty srong to have that level of play on both teams. Seems like that age group is strong across all of SC. Are they pulling in girls from other clubs?

world cup
world cup
According to the schedule, in the link above in my first post:

CESA 93 Premier vs. SCU-MP on Sunday, October 17 @ 1 PM @ BB&T #6.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard