Print Thread
#159718 10/03/12 02:57 AM
J
JamesR Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
J
Who are some teams to watch In 4A this year? The usual suspects, I.e. Wando, Irmo, Mann, etc?? Any surprises?

B
brace
brace
B
Can't think of a single Class AAAA team in the Lower State that should be able to challenge Wando -- even without however many Academy kids choose not to play H.S. First, J.I., one of the more competitive sides, drops to Class AAA and is replaced by Cane Bay. So, Wando's region is pretty weak: West Ashley, Cane Bay and Goose Creek figure to be way down. Maybe Stratford can be competitive. On the other side, Fort D, Summerville and Ashley Ridge all lose a bunch.
Can anyone think of a Class AAAA team in the Pee Dee or capital district that should be BETTER than last year?

B
brace
brace
B
And BTW, I suspect a few of Wando's "academy" kids WILL play H.S. soccer.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Once you get your scholarship, why not play high school? How many are actually going to go pro anyways?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
B
brace
brace
B
If I were a college coach who had already gotten a commitment from a kid, I'd prefer he trained and played in the most competitive environment available.
I'll leave that to the board's resident experts to tell you which that may be.

C
bench
bench
C
Pinewood Prep should be a force not only in SCISA, but in the entire lower state. Last year pulled off wins against Wando, Fort Dorchester, and Cardinal Newman to go to the SCISA State Championship where they lost a heartbreaker to Porter Gaud, a game Pinewood was controlling. The best thing is they are only losing two seniors from last year. They are returning their entire back line, including all-state goalkeeper Ryan Moore, who astounded me at the semi-final games, hes a canadite for player of the year. They have been to the state finals the past 9 years, winning 7 of those, so I believe a decade of State appearances would be fitting.

Link Copied to Clipboard