Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
world cup
world cup
Chico,

In fairness to the RBC tournament committee, the schedules didn't come out too late, it's just that the commitment for the hotels was required way too early.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I think it's a shame the Columbia United FC teams didn't play in this tournament. I would have thought it would have been beneficial for their teams to get some quality competition (in-state and otherwise), as well as beneficial for the tournament.

S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: I was just going by the dates posted on the CESA web site for when the schedules were supposed to be out.

sbs: Was there some type of conflict, i.e., were the CUFC teams all playing league games or something this weekend? I noted the other day that there were some CESA teams accepted into the CUFC Carolina Cup.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Chico,

None of the Columbia United FC Elite girls' teams had R3PL games that I could tell. There were a few Columbia United FC challenge and elite teams (boys and girls) that had SCSCL league games scheduled on Saturday (according to the SCYSA website), but I would think that that could have been easily avoided, had they planned in advance to play in the RBC.

corner kick
corner kick
The RBC tournament provided some very competitive games for my daughter team. The teams from Georgia were well coached and had several girls with good speed. One aspect brought to my attention by other parents and players was the increasing use of profanity on the field by the players. It seems the girls are cussing at other players and even at spectators. Question? Was this an isolated incident or has anyone else notice this trend?

S
bench
bench
S
Yes, we had problems with the profanity, too. The referee did nothing. I remember several years ago when red cards were given for this offense.

B
bench
bench
B
I watched a boy get yellow carded for cussing on Sunday from RYSA...He basically screamed at a Bridge player but happened to be in front of the Bridge parents. I don't think the ref would have reacted except that the parents gasped. It was just so nasty and personal and unessasary. I watched several U15 girl games for both divisions. Their mouths were worse than the boys. These kids are good kids but all you have to do is go to their myspace accounts and see some really bad language. There they have to spell it out...which amazes me. It just doesn't seem to phase them but as a parent it infuriates me both on and off the field.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Chico, as I said in my earlier post, I agreed with sbs that ALL the scores should have been up by Sunday evening. But, for whatever reason, they weren't. My post was only to tell sbs he probably wouldn't see them anytime on Monday because the CESA offices were closed for Mac Allen's funeral services. I probably wrongfully assumed that someone on the CESA staff was posting scores. More than likely, it was a volunteer...who knows? At any rate, I meant no harm by my post, as I agree that scores should be posted in a timely manner.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I watched a boy get yellow carded for cussing on Sunday from RYSA...He basically screamed at a Bridge player but happened to be in front of the Bridge parents. I don't think the ref would have reacted except that the parents gasped. It was just so nasty and personal and unessasary.

This sounds like a red card offense, not yellow.

Law 12 of the FIFA Laws of the Game says a player should be sent off and shown the red card if he/she "uses offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures".

Sounds like the referees must not have heard what you heard or there was something else going on.

B
bench
bench
B
Well turns out that the kid got another card within 5 minutes and then left the game...After of course he blessed out the ref and followed it up with an obscene gesture...He met all three of the qualifications for being thrown out. I give credit to the ref for handling the little jerk professionally. I just hope my daughter or her teammates never behave like that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard