Next Thread
Print Thread
#78026 02/28/07 05:54 AM
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Irmo defeats Dutch Fork in PK's after a 1-1 tie in regulation.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal kick
goal kick
So much for DF living up to last years #1 ranking eh myers?

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
The game was packed with outstanding goalkeeping by the senior Irmo keeper and exceptional offensive and defensive play on both sides of the ball. I don't have time to post a play by play but it was a very exciting match.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
the game swayed back and forth last night and df looked like it dominated most of the first half with irmo looking strong for the first 20 mins of the second half game full of intensity and passion, the rematch should be good

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
ah and another thing irmo's goalie needs to chill out, i understand he played a good game but his display after the last pk simply showed no class at all, in the future he may want to refrain from such displays because it is uncalled for and unneeded after such a good game

T
throw in
throw in
T
Ill agree that shhing the crowd after the final pk was uncalled for, but so were the actions of the dutch fork player who tried to tease the irmo fans by jumping up and down at them before he took his pk. (and missing)

I
bench
bench
I
IRMO won it was a good game but even tho dutch fork might have done better in the first half and might of out shot irmo its tradition IRMO will always be the best and if dutch fork wants to prove me wrong ill be at the game next saterday to watch them get spanked

goal kick
goal kick
how is shhhing the crowd uncalled for, i believe a soccer great once said "celebrate in soccer at every opportunity b/c those opportunities are few and far between" or something to that accord.... congrats to irmo

i wanna stay inside
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
I agree, why not shhh the rival crowd after a fantastic game?? A little emotion and excitement shouldn't hurt anything...

goal kick
goal kick
I disagree, I think you need to win and lose with class...Now don't get me wrong I am not against celebrating a win but act like you have been there before. You don’t need to acknowledge a crowd anyway except when you’re thanking them for coming to support you. But overall it’s winning and losing with class!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!

Link Copied to Clipboard