Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kick off
kick off
There were several close play-off games (boys & girls) that got decided at the hands of the referees. Whether it was truly home cooking or just plain incompetence, after it is over, it is over. Why would you think it would stop at states.

All you can do is congratulate the winner and hope for the best next year.

redcard #87190 05/12/07 01:37 PM
D
bench
bench
D
hahahah

pain train is DE-RAILED!!!!!

this is all so ridicoulous it was a mix up and no one on wando meant to do it!
anyways they scored in the first half, so its not like the 12th player did anything for 2 MINUTES

defender4 #87191 05/12/07 02:00 PM
C
goal
goal
C
I wish I had seen the game but I was at a black belt ceremony last night for my son.

But I will say that I personally know the Coach from Wando. I would find it impossible to believe that Coach Champ would ever cheat at soccer, make a mistake, yes, but I make them all the time myself. She loves that game of soccer and would never do anything to hurt her team or the game. So everyone that is calling her and her team cheaters should be ashamed and shows nothing but a lack of class for yourself and the game of soccer.

Here I go again!
Chapindad #87192 05/12/07 03:11 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Agreed.

Coach Young #87193 05/12/07 05:45 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
My thoughts from one of other threads.
-------------------------------------------------
I was at all 3 girls games but simply as a specatator - no relatives playing. I hope I can speak with some objectivity.
Lex - Wando game:

1- A very even game with both teams putting it all out on the field. Wando's goal was well played and legitimate.

2- Game became very physical in second half and there was a lot of elbow throwing and shoving on both sides. Several yellows given - usually for the retaliation not the 1st elbow. Referees were losing control of the game well before the 2:00 minute mark.

3- Lexington was playing more physically in second half (not unusual since they were behind and needed to create any possible advantage).

4- Wando started the legitimate strategy of substituting liberally at end of game to run out the clock. They were substituting on every opportunity. At first, the 4th official was making them wait until the player left field before allowing new player on. As game came towards end, he was waiving new player on more quickly to speed play back up. Apparently, he messed up and didn't keep track. I can not tell you when the 12th player got on field but I THINK it was at an injury time out when both teams got to substitute.

5- It was indeed Coach Champ who ran up to 4th official to point out the problem.

6- I was dissapointed in the Lexington coaching staff's behavior during the discussions. Head Coach absolutely lost control. It was embarrasing to have to see his girls have to restrain him and try and calm him down. Not one of his finer moments. He desrved the red card because he had been warned previously and given a yellow earlier in the game.

7- Unfortunately, Lexington fans did themselves no favor by throwing bottles (even if they were plastic) and then booing the Wando girls during the awards.

8- Back to game - Wando was team with momentum late in game. Able to stop Lexington's attack and was keeping offensive possession. One never knows, but I was already anticipating that final score would be Wando 1-0 before the
controversy.

It is unfortunate that Lex girls will remember the game more for the controversy than the great effort they put on the field. Same goes for Wando girls .

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Time heals. I feel a little different about it today.
I KNOW the Wando coach didn't cheat or play the 12th player on purpose. But, There were so many times when late in the game that a Lexington player just had to step by one more player and they would have been in, were they dribble around two but couldn't beat that third. Was that third when the extra player was in. It's really unfortunate, it made a hard lose for Lexington even harder.

truefan #87195 05/12/07 10:01 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Please see other thread- someone has watched official tape and only 1 minute 11 seconds elapsed. Coach Champ pointed it out after 30 seconds. Lexington Coach was sitting on the bench unaware of whole thing. Yet, he told his players that Wando played with 12 the whole second half. Someone owes someone else an apology.
The State needs to run a follow up article as well.

Last edited by swimmer2; 05/12/07 10:02 PM.
swimmer2 #87196 05/13/07 02:39 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Wow.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard