Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Hmmm....while debating the corruption of youth sports in America we introduce an argument advocating the most efficient means of doing so?

I understand your point.....and I agree that pettiness is human nature and that human nature is all over rec soccer.

But at its core.....rec soccer is about kids, parents, and parent coaches. Administration...is usually extremely minimal. Rec soccer is stripped down to the essentials and is the closest...to being about the kids.

My kids play Club soccer and it has been a great experience overall. But there have been some very harsh lessons along the way that have had nothing to do with kids best interests. Mine or anyone elses.

This discussion is relevant.....only when asking an organization to do something "for the kids".

You can't do that......when honestly, that isn't their primary mission. Successful organizations aren;t successful because they allow secondary drivers to supercede primary ones.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

BD,

at manchester how many fields total and how many are turf?

Web site says 6 natural and 2 turf, all lighted.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Only event I've seen there on grass was last summers 3 v 3. The college and high school tournaments held there this past Spring were all on the artificial turf I believe.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Only event I've seen there on grass was last summers 3 v 3. The college and high school tournaments held there this past Spring were all on the artificial turf I believe.

I would think the Charlotte Invitational will have to use all 8 fields if they are going to have the U14 & U15 boys and girls divisions there. Even then, I don't think Manchester Meadows has compacity for all 4 of these gender/age groups based on my experience at that tournament last year. U14 girls alone played 30 games last year. If all 4 groups did that this year, that would be 120 games. Over 70 on Saturday alone and I don't think you could get more than 56 games in a day on 8 fields.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I think they are fine with playing on grass fields when the grass is not dormant. So May to Sept/October.....maybe April to October.

I don't think normal wear and tear is a concern. Playing a ton of games on the grass fields over a summer weekend isn't a problem.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I noticed something interesting yesterday. The SCYSA league scheduling packet for this Sunday's scheduling meeting lists Manchester Meadows fields 1 & 2 as available for league games on August 18-19. SCSA's website indicates that the Charlotte Invitational will be using Manchester Meadows for U14-15 boys and girls divisions. Appears to be a conflict. Anyone know what is going on with this?

N
bench
bench
N
Manchester is hosting the VELUX SKYLIGHTS - DISCOVERIES SOCCER CLUB INVITATIONAL SOCCER TOURNAMENT August 25-26 at Manchester Meadows Soccer Complex for U13 - U18.

world cup
world cup
South Charlotte is definitely using Manchester Meadows #1 and #2 fields for their tournament this weekend. Apparently there is no conflict.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

South Charlotte is definitely using Manchester Meadows #1 and #2 fields for their tournament this weekend. Apparently there is no conflict.

Someone informed the SCYSA League director and he blocked the fields for those days before the scheduling meeting.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

On the tournament schedule it appears that they are using all 8 fields. My U15 girls teams is scheduled for 2 matches on field 3 on Saturday.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard