M
Swansea 2
Barnwell 0

C
Cat Offline
bench
bench
C
Greer folding?? This is news to this Greer High soccer mom. I had a daughter injured during the BR game and got to enjoy the ER until 2:00 in the morning. WH game forfeiture would be best described by Dale Jr.’s prior comments. This season has been a difficult one but Dale Jr. your comments have give this soccer parent a good laugh or two. Hopefully everyone will be back 100% for our next game. I wished Marissa well after our game. I know how hard it is to get soccer support for the Greer/BR area. It is slowly coming. I will be pulling for my Lady Jackets. Blue Ridge is my other team and can’t wait to cheer them on to playoffs

World Cup
World Cup
Go Greer!

corner kick
corner kick
Several years ago Westside varsity coach asked Mauldin varsity coach if there varsity team could just play the JV team. Westside was just starting there varsity soccer program. Maybe Greer could use this same method to keep playing but not have the loped sided loses. What are your thoughts?

brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

... Next year, Greer moves into a region without Eastside, J.L. Mann and Riverside. That should help considerably.

... I think they got down below 11 for the Wade Hampton game and that was it.

R O H,

1... According to the 2008-2010 realignment info at http://www.schsl.org/2007/Realignment%202008-10.htm Blue Ridge, Greer and Union County move to Region III-AAA along WITH Riverside. Is there other info available that shows Riverside not playing next year in the same region as Greer?

2... Did Greer have 11 for the match this week with Blue Ridge? Do you know if the forfeitures of their final two matches (Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton) are due to injuries and insufficient numbers rather than just avoiding the challenge of the final two matches? I share mav soccer's concern for finding ways to help Greer become more competitive, but Greer has never seemed to be a team that measured the odds of winning to determine whether or not to step onto the pitch.

Sorry, Riverside, Greer and Blue Ridge are in the same region next year. Eastside, Mann, and Wade Hampton move to the "Greenville" region. My Bad as the kids would say!

Greer had 13 for our game I believe. They unfortunately had one young lady get hurt; may have been "Cat's" daughter - see below. If so I feel for her. Hope she is OK. I too spent five hours in the ER with my young defender who had never had a doctor and only had school insurance. Sad situation.

Greer never "folds" in anything. They are a worthy adversary. I would guess that they were banged up after the Riverside, Blue Ridge combination of games and just didn't have enough able bodies for the WH game but you would have to ask one of the parents or coaches.

S
bench
bench
S
r4sc,
"#9 again hurt us bad she doesnt belong in high school anymore & should have gone on to college - with her gone s aiken will go back to beating lex like we were doing before she played"

Lexington will not even play South Aiken. They are moving to 3A. It has been a good rival over the years and I'm sure South Aiken will do well in 3A. Your comments about the Lexington coach are way out of line. I'm sure if you spoke to almost all his player's they may not always agree with him, but do respect his passion and knowledge of the game. Don't be surprised if he shows up somewhere else coaching next season.

L
Goal
Goal
L
how many years has Blythewood HS been in 3A? Is there a set policy with schsl about new schools and how they decide what classification and for long? i know they move to 4A for next year but it seems they have had a nice advantage hanging out in 3A for several years.

World Cup
World Cup
Lexington is a great program and have improved to a level that nearly all would be envious of. I only see Dorman and Wando in AAAA as comparable programs for the last 3 years. Should we have an opportunity to play them in the future, we'd be honored.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

how many years has Blythewood HS been in 3A? Is there a set policy with schsl about new schools and how they decide what classification and for long? i know they move to 4A for next year but it seems they have had a nice advantage hanging out in 3A for several years.

Realizing this may be biased given my connection to Blythewood, but here goes:

The short answer is 3 years and yes—the HSL does have a policy on where to classify new schools and for how long. It is based on initial enrollment #’s and every three years the classifications are reset depending again on enrollment.

Here is a bit more if you are interested:
Blythewood was supposed to open with about 1200 kids two years ago, roughly the same size as Brookland-Cayce- Dreher-Greenville. We are currently in our third year as a school. It is my understanding that HSL only re-aligns every 3 years so this upcoming season will be the first time we are eligible to move up into 4A. By and large it is NOT up to the school to determine what classification they belong to but rather the HSL bases classification on size of enrollment. Had we opened a year earlier or a year latter, then our time as a 3A school might have been longer or shorter all depending upon enrollment size at the time of re-alignment. Who knows?

As I also understand it there are some exceptions, some schools like Riverside were supposed to move into 4A but worked out a deal to stay at 3A- other schools like Lower-Richland wanted to stay 4A but were relegated to 3A. Blythewood has not put, nor held itself in the 3A bracket, it simply was not up to us. Now- sometimes moves are made within a classification regarding region brackets- Like Dreher coming into our region the 2nd year we were open after being in a different region our first year, but moves between “A’s” classifications only happens every 3 years- AS I UNDERSTAND IT-but I could be wrong.

As for having an advantage hanging out in 3A for several years- Could you be just a little more specific as the which advantages you are referring to? Just want to be able to answer your question “apples to apples.”

I thank you,
tk

Tony King
World Cup
World Cup
I don't think a large school can just hang out as it pleases in whatever classification it would like. Not sure where that one is going

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard