Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
How ya'll got time to be berating players on the field? I spend all my time berating the ref's - sure don't have time to turn my attention to the players !

brace
brace
SoccerFanMan:

We ran into the same thing last year with out two Hispanic/American players, one of whom is a preacher's daughter and the other who is simply one of the kindest, nicest kids you would ever meet. At an away game, the players yelled, "Kill the Mexicans!" from the bench at them. One of them cried the entire game. Might add that the Tigers won for their first win against that team ever. [Don't check records, don't "search" to find out who this was; it doesn't matter. It was not one of the respected, fine programs we play often].

End of story: This year, as their first-year coach, I told them that the 3 goal-rule, etc. were out against this team. No limits, no restrictions, teach-a-lesson time. My players, led by these two young women, said "Nope, coach. Respect and Class never stop. Rules apply to everyone. Respect yourself and you never do what was done to us."

Coaches always get more out of this than players, especially when you realize that your players are better people than you are.

There is no room for racism in soccer, in life, in families, and it is up to us and our future coaches/current players to make a difference.

We love those who love soccer, period.

--------------------
Retired, Old, and Happy

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
H
goal
goal
H
Where is the responsibility on the parents who raised these little bigots? I'd be far less upset if my son "lost it" and punched or shoved someone than I would be if he "lost it" and used an ethnic slur. It seems to me that the latter is indicative of a deeper "problem."

brace
brace
Could not agree more, HappyDaddy.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Happydaddy,
While most would agree with your comment including myself because I think I raised respectful kids..I have seen good parents raise lousy kids and lousy parents that end up with good kids..During that game they are surrounded by their peers..

S
throw in
throw in
S
All of you need to go to a Mexican soccer Game .The filth that comes out of thier mouths is unreal. They yell every bad word in the book.Stop kissing one side of the problem.Call it both ways.I have also been to High School games and heard OTM's and Mexican,s call white players ,Gringo's,Whores ,.[censored],s in Spainish. Go to a Mexican Natinal game every time the goalie kicks the ball they all yell [censored].Wake up And listen to the filth.

sancho
N
throw in
throw in
N
"bricks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Go to any professional game for that matter and you will hear some crazy nasty stuff, not just Mexico bud.And im pretty sure hispanics arent the only non-english kids playing soccer in this state. But we're talking about high school here. Go to Spain and you'll hear some of the most racial stuff you can imagine. But we're talking about high school. Now do some spanish kids say things too?? of course, im all for some trash talking amongst PLAYERS, but not insults or racial slurs from the fans, and that is the issue at hand.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
corner kick
corner kick
I'm with Nemco.

Achmed much rather be called a "cracker" than be punched in nose.

Last edited by SmallSodaMan; 04/18/08 03:24 PM.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
brace
brace
If you can't speak Spanish, how do you know what they are calling you?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard