Quote:

CoachKevin,

But we are in trouble when the Low Country can only field 2 true U13G and 2 U14G teams at the Classic/Challenge level for the Spring Season. This is less than 60 girls age 12 to 15. We have 6 clubs and at the younger ages there seems to be plenty of girls playing soccer. Where do they go once they turn 12 and up? This is the question that all the clubs need to address and work together on. For these age groups I don't believe they are playing JV yet but I may be wrong.

To add to my last post It will have to be an investment in the girls if we only come out 2 times a week for 3 months then we will get exactly what we put in not much...if we (the clubs)create a system to get the girls prepared from a technical ability stand point lets say at age 7 and they are constantly improving and building as a team and as a group it will be much harder for them to turn away from it as it has now become much more than just a game it will help to develope their passion for the game and it makes it less likely they will walk away from the game.

One of my U12 players told me that "whenever we don't play on the weekends it is like her whole weekend is ruined she lives for the game" hehehehehe yes i laughed but she could not have been more serious but on the flip side not all kids that start out playing will follow the game i have had players tell me that this (soccer) is not what she wants to do and that is ok too they are kids and need to try other things so they can find their thing and if that thing is soccer then they will stick with it.

I can only speak for SSC U13 this spring I know most of the girls did opt to play JV vs Club.

Hope for the best but always prepare for the worst.