Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
O
throw in
throw in
O
OSF, Sure hope your "facts" are more credible than some of your other posts when you first started your troll activites less you find out why the Hatfields are so famous. I made a couple calls and your claim could NOT be substantiated.

S
Goal
Goal
S
I'd just like to say, I love threads that spin out of control......

We now take you back to your regularly scheduled Hatfield/The Doors feud....

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

nope,im not in this one.im going fishing in the hills about 5 am.chasing that wild rainbow trout.just got back from soccer practice and i am getting things together.over and out.

world cup
world cup
Lizard King,

Leave McCoy out of this!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Lizard King,

Leave McCoy out of this!

nope,
its that time of year.i guess if you have seen the list of coaches then you know we are happy.cant find a better one.
sooner or later i will find someone that is smart.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/02/08 03:03 AM.
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Yes, at 6-8, kids can all be developed while still not being equal. This fair and equal thing is an Americanized problem that makes kids and, more so, parents soft. Yes, soft in that everything is equal and comfortable.

Develop the kids but do so at different rates by different skill groups. The big European and South American sepreate young kids immediately and put them into higher training environments....yes, even at 6-8. If the ones left behind keep developing and catch up then great.

America is not impatient but too soft to do what's right with kids at the a young age. Here, it's easier to make a deicsion to keep parents of lower Classic and Rec kids happy and a bogus English DOC in a job instead of cater club decisions to help the elite players first, the only ones who still be playing the game at a decent level 5-7 years from now.

I
goal
goal
I
My point is simple: those who try to do what you are saying, wind up simply picking kids born in January, February and March all things being equal... because at the age of 6 the biggest difference is the 9-10 months between the first of the year and the last of the year.

Google The relative age effect in youth soccer across Europe Werner Helsen it explains what I am saying...

So if SC is going to be the best She can be, we need to train all of the kids, not just the ones somebody picks to be the best... because nobody can pick them.

Less we forget the MJ's, David Robinson, and Tim Duncans...

By the way I don't worry about fair and equal, life is not fair, I just truly believe that if the great talent pickers of Europe can not get it right at the ages of 6-8 neither can you or anybody else...

Feel free to put your child in a meat grinder... I worry about my kids for their life time, 99% of these wonderkids and most likely yours included will be doing something else when they grow up.

I do not mean anything personal or ugly by this post, it is just the way I feel, and write. email is garbage for communication anyway

Last edited by Papa Hatfield; 05/02/08 01:51 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Skill wise you can separate kids..but at 6 to 8 there is not going to be alot of separating..so we end up separating by size..strength and speed..
When my son started at U10 some eight years ago there was one boy the three teams in the age group fought over to be on their team..He was what I would call a man child..Bigger and faster then everyone else..Two years later his skill was no better and he quit..My son and this child were good friends so I would talk often to the young man and asked him why he quit..He felt like he was not good at it anymore and was not the star on the team..What happened? The players finally caught up to his size and strength..
Let's also not forget the kid that has very little skill and can not for the life of him juggle a ball but plays the sport with great emotion and has the will to win..
We would of separated him at six years old?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Great teams are not made up of all skillful players..These teams usually self destruct because of the competition within the team and PARENTS!!
Great teams are made up of a variety of players..The four or five that are most skillful..
The three or four who have the will to win..
The three or four who have the muscle..People like to call them thugs..And everyone else on the team have the right attitude...

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard