Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
I just wanted to say how much Blue Ridge High Girl's soccer has improved. They lost to Eastide high 2-1. But for thie first time ever Blue Ridge scored against Eastside. Senior Erin Raffaldt scored the goal. I'm just glad they are moving forward .

F
goal
goal
F
Cindylou,
How many club players does Blue Ridge currently have? To make such an improvement in a 1 year span, there must be a stronger influx than in years past. I think it was 4 years ago that I took my Westside girls to Blue Ridge (beautiful drive by the way, I had no idea where exactly the school was when I scheduled the match) and won 3-2 in a hard fought, but fairly low skilled on both sides preseason scrimmage. I doubt either team had any club players at that point, but it is always exciting to read about a program on the upswing because you know how excited the girls must be!

Congrats,
Ryan Roseberry
Westside Girls Soccer

Last edited by Ryan Roseberry; 04/23/08 02:57 PM.
brace
brace
We have three. Marissa Sumwalt plays CESA Challenge, Caitlin Fountain plays Foothills Challenge, and Erin Raffaldt played Foothills Classic last year but has played Challenge and even Premier I believe.

Actually, the first coach at Blue Ridge pointed out to me that about 6 or 7 years ago we scored on Eastside - 1 goal. He quickly pointed out that Eastside was way up and had about 6-7 players on the field when we scored.

At least we can play 11 every game now.

Thanks for the comments, cindylou!

brace
brace
Quote:

I just wanted to say how much Blue Ridge High Girl's soccer has improved. They lost to Eastide high 2-1. But for thie first time ever Blue Ridge scored against Eastside. Senior Erin Raffaldt scored the goal. I'm just glad they are moving forward .

Dearest, dearest cindylou,
Before practice we had no clue,
Our kids laughed and said they knew
[Ambo probably likes us too!]

Thanks to our #1 fan!

A
bench
bench
A
Along the same lines as how your program is improving, I was very surprised to see Riverside scored that many goals on you. Was your goalie injured? There shouldn't be any team that can score that many goals on Caitlyn (sp?). She is a great player.

C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Hello Retired, Old and Happy !!! You are so right we are your number #1 fans. It is so great to hear how well you have done. I appreicate you coaching the girls and helping the program so,so much !It is so great to know the girls are improving and feeling good about the program and where it's going.Thanks for everything you have done!!! Cindy Lou :)

brace
brace
You are most welcome Miss Cindylou! Tell the Big A hello.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
Quote:

Along the same lines as how your program is improving, I was very surprised to see Riverside scored that many goals on you. Was your goalie injured? There shouldn't be any team that can score that many goals on Caitlyn (sp?). She is a great player.

Their seniors played 74 minutes. I had subs in after about 35 minutes. 4-0 at half. Caitlin played first half and is hurt. Jamie played 2nd half. Sarah Jacobs and Austin Fagan on ninth graders has a predictable outcome.

One of the parents of the Riverside players noted that they usually had more class than that. I didn't say that; the girls' soccer parent did. One of our ninth graders had 5 goals scored on her. It is her first year of soccer.

Also, we meet them in the third round of the playoffs. I told my girls that was a message. We stay in the same region next year, Riverside with their 1690 students and BR with our 1207. Figure that out. I used to play when AAA meant AAA.

Fire the coach! (Me, not Riverside's) I say...

F
goal
goal
F
How can you already know that you will be in the 3rd round of the playoffs? Did you receive byes in the 1st and 2nd rounds, or is it more of a, you know that the teams you are facing are weaker squads and can more or less assume that you will face Riverside again?

brace
brace
We have never been past the first round. Please don't take my statement to mean that we expect anything.

On the other hand, if you don't plan on it happening, it won't. We never plan to lose. Period.

The point was: Riverside 1, BR 0 in the first half of our first game. Message from Riverside - we will kill you. I am perfectly OK with that, and with playing seniors on Senior Night, adn with that 9-0 score.

I think we will play Blythewood in the first round. So does Coach Tony. I am making plans to play Daniel in the second round just like Coach Tony is. Means we are both winners. And I know if things work out, the probably opponent in the third round will be Riverside.

Don't criticize a coach for scouting, planning, and preparing. It is my job to give my team the best chance possible to win. One large part of that is attitude.

Check with Dale Jr, CJ about swagger. You guys were all from Anderson. You have swagger.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard