Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
CJ Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Quote:

FYI.

Dreher is looking at this as nothing more than an exhibition and a warm-up for the playoffs. Don't be surprised to see players playing other positions and a lot of the younger players getting lots of PT.

This is a classic example of a "pre-excuse". There are other derivations such as:

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row
Conflict with school functions
the weather will make the field unplayable...

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Thanks to the Airport team, coaches and supporters for a clean game. AC Flora, please take notice.

DreherDad,

What an exciting game. Airport did not look as good as they did against BC last week. And it was one of the best played matches I've seen, referencing no cheap fouls or dirty play. By the way, did you see Flora's #7 hanging out at the end of the field, post game? She got out of there before fans and players started clearing out. That was same girl who punched Ellison in the face last week, and as I have heard pummeled an Airport player last year which earned her a suspension. What a classless act!

Goal
Goal
That happens in girl's soccer? GOOD LORD.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

Dreher is looking at this as nothing more than an exhibition and a warm-up for the playoffs. Don't be surprised to see players playing other positions and a lot of the younger players getting lots of PT.

This is a classic example of a "pre-excuse". There are other derivations such as:

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row

I like "We just came off of Spring Break" or "Our prom was this past weekend". But if you win, you don't go on and on about it

C
Goal
Goal
C
how about this one, my goalie had to step off the field with 20 min remaining to attend Troubadour rehersal.

world cup
world cup
Cantona,

That was a good one.....and fairly valid as well.

Last edited by Hurst66; 04/30/08 03:40 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

how about this one, my goalie had to step off the field with 20 min remaining to attend Troubadour rehersal.

we was wondering where your goalie was going at half time.we thought you had made her mad.

corner kick
corner kick
So, I should have sent Sarah to her piano lesson last night?

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

FYI.

Best player hurt
Too many games in a row

I like "We just came off of Spring Break" or "Our prom was this past weekend". But if you win, you don't go on and on about it

I know a guy who used both of these.....

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
I had to get my hair cut.
My mother said that I had to babysit and couldn't play.
My little sister had a soccer game and it was the only time I had a chance to go see her this year and my parents made me go.
My popetry project wasn't finished and my mother made me finish it (see #1 above; same kid miracuously got her hair cut that day too!)

Cooper Runs fix that. Bring an excuse, run 2 miles for time. While everyone else is having fun.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard