I had several players this year who were not club players who stepped up and made a big difference in our overall performance. Again, we aren't a state-championship-level team (yet) but these players are making a difference against high-level teams.

My freshman outside mid who scored against James Island--not a club player.

Freshman center mid who worked the ball into the box and generated the second score against JI...not a club player.

Two of my three on the back line who came over from track and swimming, along with two defensive mids who helped to hold an impressive Wando offense to 5 goals (compared to Wando's 5-0 against West Ashley and 4-0 against JI, both teams starting all club players)--not club players.

Our double-duty sweeper/forward who got a scholarship to play for Coker and our outside mid who went on to play at Columbia, plus the three seniors this year who were offered spots with USC-Salk...not club players.

There are other examples too...again, if you're measuring impact by a team's ability to reach Stone Stadium, we're not there yet, but there are still players who, pound for pound, have given some club players a run for their money..it's hard to say they're not making an impact. Like CJ says, it's pure athleticism, heart, character, and team that help these players do more than they "should" be able to on the field...they deserve some credit for what they do.

I've got good news and bad news...