Meredith,

Looks like you're checking the PI for the districts rather than the individual schools. In some districts, like Barnwell 19 (where I used to work) they're one and the same...Berkeley County is a very widespread district, though, with an equally wide array of communities feeding into the different schools. The demographics for Stratford and Hanahan, for example, are significantly different from those of Berkeley High, or Timberland or Cross.

Another thing that's worth checking when making comparisons is the breakdown of the demographics within the school zone, not just the PI. In many communities, there is a high poverty index because the majority of residents fall below the poverty line, but yet there still exists a core of affluence that still feeds into the school system. In a 4A school, it doesn't take a large percentage of the population to form a pretty decent soccer team. I wonder how many of the high PI yet successful teams' players actually come from that minority that can afford club, equipment, and other investment? If only 20 kids out of 1000 can afford to play year-round, you can still make a more-than-decent team. Just some thoughts.

I've got good news and bad news...