202677 the truth is they were better trained players, not bigger, not faster, better trained... It comes down things as simple as the first touch. If we are smaller and that is the reason, we need to quit, because we will always be smaller in numbers than some people. I do not believe that is the case.

Soccer is a learned skilled, not pure athletics. They have learned more than us so far. Why do most of the world cup players have birth dates in JAN, FEB and MAR? Because they were bigger as kids and they got more training. I am sure the births per month is pretty flat, so not to bias the early borns because of numbers. They have gotten more quality training so they get the spots. The other states NC in particular, look like it is doing it right.

I understand that the larger clubs in NC give high level training to the rec kids, and not just the competitive level kids. I think they differ greatly to our larger clubs in that respect. That is where I believe the truth lies. I have seen the inside guts of one of our states largest REC pools, just have heard what NC is doing.

North Carolina girls Soccer, Basketball, etc excel because of training, which led to tradition. If they ever stop training and leading those players, they can lose as well, ask Matt what's his name.