Quote:

Man, how much do you attribute that to certain coaches putting bugs in the ear of the selection coaches versus actual ability? I know when I went thru this a couple years ago that it was based on 'who you know' rather than talent. Congrats anyways, good to see our state repped.

BamBam,

I think there is some validity to your assertion, but for good reason as I'll explain. The shear number of players selected for pool games from this squad demonstrates a result brought about by commitment, a willingness to be coached and good old fashioned talent.

The Georgia team they are playing as I type this reply had 15 players selected for the second pool game, which was rescheduled for tonight due to rain. Having said that and as you probably know, each team is assigned a region team coach and I think this empowers the state team coach with the responsibility to make sure region coaches know who he/she (the state team coach) feels are players to watch.

Obviously, such professional opinions and observations of the state team coach are built (rightfully so) on how the player(s) performed during training. A player can't possibly expect a coach to promote him/her if he/she hasn't earned the right during training sessions.

Having been in USYSA ODP now for five years and USL SYL ODP for two years, I believe every SC Coach and SCYSA take pride in elevating players they feel represent the total package of commitment, work ethic and execution displayed during the entire process.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.