Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But this discussion has nothing to do with USSF Academy. The debate is.....why 14-15 SC boys in the 91-94 age group made region pool and only 1 SC girls did.

Academy has no bearing on that......

I disagree with my culinary friend Marcus Aurelius on the relationship of club success to ODP success. I know there are exceptions.....club teams that are very successful without having any or many Grade A level players.

But....players win games. Teams that win at the highest level do so in most cases because they have the best players. For whatever reason.....the top team, top 2 teams in the state for 92 girls haven't been competitive regionally at the highest level. 91 girls fit in there a little too, but not as starkly as the 92 girls.

States that have 3-4-5 really, really good Club teams probably do at placing kids in the region pool than states with 1-2 really good teams.

And states that don't have a really really good team.....

club success has nothing to do with odp no matter what people think.region staff may look at what state you are from but not club.
sc hasnt shown to well reginally but i must remind you of one thing.the july before this odp season started the cesa 91 girls went to reginals in oklahoma and went 2-2.not a bad showing for a sc team.that is the same team that finished 500 in region III play that year.also beat charlotte soccer club 4-0.still it does not have any bearing on odp.
that is what i like about odp.on a region level everyone is on the same level field.yes the fla and texas girls may have a heads up but they are good.

I'm not saying that club teams have anything to do with ODP selection or region pool selection directly. Kids are chosen, not Club teams. I dig that.

But....great club teams have great players. Great players get selected for region pool. States with multiple great teams are likely to have multiple great players.

States without great club teams......may struggle at ODP becasue they don't have the great individual players.

I think there MAY be a relationship between the fact that SC doesn't have a dominant 92 girls team.....and the fact that no girls from that age group made region pool.

if all of what you say is true and im not sure it is then why did nc not have more players held over.i think for the 92 girls there was 1 from casl and 1 from charlotte soccer club.some from those same teams are 91s but i do not know if any were heldover.if they are great teams with great players then why is nc and ga for that matter being over looked.
i think it goes back to club soccer having nothing to do with odp.like i said earlier,if that was the case then odp would just be about the players from the top few teams in region league play and the rest could stay home.
it looks like firstouch has the same views as you.it is obvious he/she thinks the 1 csc player was a bench player in club ball and shouldnt be held over along with a few others.