From Wayne Quinlan, SC Coordinator Columbia United FC Clash of the Carolinas.

I would like to thank numerous people who made this year's Clash another great success. The gang of coaches from SC stepped up once again and did a great job: Coaches Dick and Katie Smith, Kevin and Kyle Heise, Stephen Jackson, Frank Ridlehoover, Troy Bennage, Dave Easley and Denny Sago handled everything that came their way with professionalism and smoothed off the edges that I left rough.

Thanks to Mark Kadlecik and the coaching crew from NC as well. The Battery staff, in particular Amy Plebanek, director of sales, and president Andrew Bell were aces again as were Lynn Burton and her staff at The Hampton Inn. Twig Gray, Emmitt Morgan, and JR Murphy arranged for another great FCA function using former Citadel soccer coach Joel Christy as the featured speaker. Mark and Rich Lloyd of LLoyd's Sports were again there to handle all of our last minute equipment issues. The training staff at MUSC was terrific. And, of course Adidas USA and Nelson Welch, who provided the players' kits.

The players conducted themselves with class the entire weekend and represented their state well, the best group so far! This was a reflection not only on them but their coaches as well. Coach Hosea, Coach Savitz, Coach Lea and Coach Bennage set a great example.

Overall it was terrific. I have received all positive feedback. Nevertheless, we will all try to find ways to make next year's Clash even better.

Again, my sincerest thanks to all,

Wayne

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 07/13/08 11:00 PM.