Print Thread
#10738 04/02/03 11:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why doesn't SC have a 3 official system. Most of the ref's are old meaning they can't keep up with the speed of play. They just call offsides by guessing. Another thing the is funny is something will happen right infront of one ref who wont call anything but the other one who is about 50 yards away will blow his wistle and call it. SC ref's are TERRIBLE

#10739 04/03/03 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with you in most of those cases, I think that really gets to me is the reffs let the crowd effect some of their calls sometimes and they are really bad about obvious "makeup calls". I have also dealt with some reffs in my day that have basically thought everybody was their to see them so they make their presence felt right away, but i always say the way you know a reff is doing a good job is you dont notice him.

but honestly would you wanna be a high school reff now? i know i wouldnt

#10740 04/03/03 02:56 AM
M
throw in
throw in
M
yeah..i agree with goalie..i've had some of the same problems with refs..and 3 refs would help out with the bad offside calls

#10741 04/03/03 04:01 AM
J
Brace
Brace
J
First of all, I am a ref. I have to agree that the two man system does suck. There is no way that you can be watching the offsides calls/watching the player with the ball for fouls/watching the touch line all at the same time. I'm sorry, but it just can't all be done at the same time and be able to catch everything. I am not one of the old refs...I am under 30. I recently moved to a state where they use the three man system, and it is much more effective. But I do get tired of hearing people gripe about the reffing...it does get old. Usually you only please 50% of the people...and thats if you are lucky. Not everyone is going to be happy with all of your calls on a given night. Most good refs will tune out the crowd...I don't care what they are doing, they aren't involved in the game. I pretty much ignore the crowd. It is always a good feeling when you walk off of the field and the father to one of the players on the losing team comes up and tells you that you did a good job. Oh well.... as long as I know that I did the best job that I could have while I was out on that field. Or the other thing that just annoys me. FIFA and High school soccer are reffed with different rules. That gets annoying when you have to ref club games and high school games. They need to come up with standarized rules that apply to all soccer games. Just harp on the athletic directors to put more money out on the table for the thrid ref, and you will see improvements. You won't have dueling whistels, guys making calls from 50 yards away, and otherwise terrible calls that make refs look like bafoons. OK I am off my soap box now..

#10742 04/03/03 04:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to put my Two cent worth on this topic guys.

I Vote 1 for 3 Refs:

A) I would like to see (3) Refs at all HS games,and Classic games in SC.
B)Two men Ref at Par/Rec
C)One man Ref for 4-U10 small field 60x40

Some of you young guys that are going on to College,think about being a Ref next season and make some nice change on the weekends.

When I Ref La Liga in Sumter,I always took control from the start in the Centre.I tell them from the start,I will call everything I see (no buts) play the ball and not the men.And them Latinos can play now,super fast,hard at the ball like it's his last meal. But with a passion.

I remember last year when I ran the Latinos Vs USA OPEN AGE(2)day Tourney, And saw Russell Shelly play for the first time with the SHAW Air Base Team.I hired the best Refs in Sumter for that Tourney,they had to be fast/fit and on the ball. Them Refs was Bruce and Craig and me,We had no problem and took turns in the centre.

The best game was the last game that Sunday,Municipal Vs SHAW they had to win that game to get 2nd place trophy. And SHAW was in 4th place and 2 Goals down in the first half, and came back to win with a passion 5-3, And the other latinos teams were shouting on the side line GO-USA GO-USA USA-USA.

Them guys are all in IRAQ now, To free the world from Evil.So next time think how lucky we are to play soccer, when our lads are getting killed for you freedom and peace on earth.

I hope they all come home safe, I miss them guys they had a passion for the game.(GOD BLESS THEM, WE WILL REMEMBER THEM)

#10743 04/03/03 08:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spot on soccer boy,Like we say down under.

(SHE BE RIGHT MATE)

Link Copied to Clipboard