Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Tournament dates are set well in advance..The fact that the weather was going to bad could not be forseen months ago..
It's no secret that MPSC will close it's fields at the hint of rain..I found myself dropping my child off to ref Saturday morning at Park West to really saturated fields that had standing water in several areas..My opinion on this matter is that this tournament has been cancelled before due to rain and over the last few years some of the stronger clubs in GA and NC have started to pass on this tournament and to cancel this years event would be detrimental to the future success of this tourney..So they had the tourney and people are not happy..If they would have cancelled..people would not be happy..There was no way to win this one..I appreciated their efforts to get this tourney in

D
kick off
kick off
D
Weather did not cause the games to be cancelled. There wasn't any rain Saturday afternoon or on Sunday morning. In fact some games were played on Sunday. The decision was made based off of the field conditions, not the weather. Therefore, the adverse weather clause should not apply. I didn't read an,in case I get scared that someone will bend a blade of grass on my field clause.

Also don't type in all caps, it implies that you are yelling and that is also rude. Also the general rule of disagreements is the one that yells first is conceding that they have lost the debate.

B
bench
bench
B
How about this...next year you have fun at the tournament with only MP teams! They closed the fields...the tournament was not canceled due to weather it was closed because MP Soccer did not want to hurt its fields. That is not in the rules. Refunds are due to all. If you would like-donate your teams refund money to field up keep.

D
kick off
kick off
D
That would be an equitable lose-lose for everyone. MP loses the tournament money and we lose all of the ancillary costs like gas, hotels, coach's fees, restraunts....etc.

Goal
Goal
Seems to be a constant issue with tourneys in Mount Pleasant! That happened in the boys bracket last spring with the HS tourney. Now again, with the girls tournament. They really need to have a contingency plan for these "inevitable" issues with the field conditions.

Victory Starts Here!
D
kick off
kick off
D
The fields were in great shape. They weren't closed due to damage but due to potential damage. That would have been like playing barefooted so you didn't get your cleats dirty.

T
throw in
throw in
T
To quote Dadicated, "MP was able to watch the weather forecast just like the rest of us." And this one, "MP knew the weather forecast and didn't want to give up the money. They only held out the "hope" of playing sunday to keep everyone in town. If you keep the Chamber of Commerce happy then you keep getting your sponsorships.

This is a direct indication from you that you felt weather was the factor. So originally you thought they should have cancelled the games and refunded the money. Now that I have shown you the RULES where it says you would not have received a refund...you claim weather did not cause the cancellations.

You want to change your argument because I pointed out to you the RULES of the tournament.

As to the lecture about all caps....if it makes you feel better. I can handle a healthy, mature, adult debate. In my world, one or two words or phrases in all caps is intended to indicate strong emphasis. Had I typed the whole thing in all caps, then I would be yelling.

I respect your right to your opinion and mannerisms....please show respect for mine.

B
bench
bench
B
You were probably in your nice warm bed not having to pay for meals rooms etc. The fields were fine for play just admit your club dropped the ball big time.

B
bench
bench
B
I can undestand your defending your club thought. Gotta get thoses point so your daughter will be assured a spot on the team next year. We understand.

D
kick off
kick off
D
My point about the weather forecasts was that they knew in advance that it was going to rain.If they were concerned about the effect that it would have had on the field conditions then they could have cancelled the tournament in advance. They chose to play shortened games in the rain to start the tournament. That way, once the tournament was started they could claim it was called due to rain. The only problem with that is that by the time they closed the fields the rain had stopped. That means that the tournament wasn't stopped due to rain. It was stopped due to the field conditions. Poor field conditions is not listed as a non refundable cause according to the rules.

Furthermore, Rain in and of itself is not a reason to stop a tournament and neither is field conditions. Many soccer games are played in much worse conditions than those that existed this week end. Lightening or Tornado watches would have been a reason becuse either would represent a substantial risk of injury to the players.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard