LOL...I hate to burst your bubble...but it takes me rougly 2.5 hours to get to Charleston. I admit I did not drive down until Saturday morning...and I drove back home Saturday night to see another child play where we live today.

If they had cancelled the tournament Friday night due to the weather forecast, as you have alluded to, then that would mean there were no refunds. You can't have it both ways.

I'm trying not to make this a personal attack, but seriously, what clubs are you with?

What is their cancellation policy for their tournaments? What would YOUR club officers and DOC's do in the same situation????

When have your clubs been faced with this situation?

Did you go to Columbia last year and have games cancelled...under conditions WWAYYYYY better than what MP experienced this weekend. (I'm talking rainfall amounts)

And one last thought. Are you aware of the number of children INJURED playing soccer on wet fields...either during rain or after the rain has ended but before the fields are dried? Any of you ever experienced that?

Look, I honestly don't have any idea just why the games were cancelled. I don't have any "in's" like you indicate.

I just know that it only makes COMMON SENSE that on a weekend where the weather conditions were the way they were it should not be some huge surprise that some of those fields ended up getting closed. I agree that Park West probably could have had games. I know someone who went out there and told me the fields looked okay, didn't appear that wet, and probably could have been used. As to the rest of the fields, I don't live there, so I don't know what they looked like, I just know from talking to friends that were in MP, that some of the fields were in fact bad...and it was obvious why they were closed. They went to quite a few of them and said PW was the one that probably could have been opened.

I really would like to see your club's policies for their tournaments.