Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
A
throw in
throw in
A
The fields were no worse Saturday afternoon then they were Friday afternoon. They had moved at least one game as of Friday afternoon.

In Columbia last year there were severe thunderstorms with tornado's Saturday afternoon and evening. There were some areas of Columbia that were seriously affected by the tornado's.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

I do not pay for my daughter to play soccer so that I can support a rival (MPSC) club. SCYSA needs to step in and force them to refund us. This post clearly states that they chose to both start and cancel the tournament solely for financial reasons.

Dear "Dadicated":

After reading the numerous posts you have entered online regarding this tournament (so far we are up to 9....) and seeing that you just registered to be able to post TONIGHT on this forum, it is quite clear to all how very upset and angry you are. Thanks for enlightening everyone with your last comment which paints a clearer picture that your daughter is part of a "rival" club.........your credibility is impeccable. Your armchair quarterbacking is truly appreciated. Your lack of the entire picture is evident. Please take a deep breath before your pass out on all of us.

Thank you for informing everyone that you will not play in another MPSC tournament. We get the message. May I suggest an indoor sport in the future? This might help to ensure your satisfaction for future events.......possibly.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Kind of a moot point since they cancelled the games anyway.

I still think they are laughing all the way to the bank.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
"If you look at the brackets that were allowed to play they were brackets where MP teams had a chance at winning a medal. They knew the situation with the weather when scheduling and made sure these brackets were at venues that did not have to close due to weather and it would not affect their teams that had a shot at winning or gaining a medal."

The above is the funniest thing I've read tonight. I think kitten blew that one up with her post.

corner kick
corner kick
Just an FYI as well, I was out playing an adult league on Wednesday at Patriots and there was some standing water in small areas on our field. Given how poorly those fields drain, I'm not at all surprised that they started to have early problems on some fields out there. As bad as I've seen those fields get, I'm also not surprised that there were injuries as well.

Hope your player gets well quickly, Coach Chass!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

So Dedicated, are not going to tell us your club name?

T
throw in
throw in
T
To arsenal2...

yep, there were severe thunderstorms in Columbia last spring.....but they were LATE Saturday...after the majority of games had been played for the day.

The FIELDS in Columbia were not affected by the tornadoes last spring.

They cancelled that tournament Saturday evening around 9 or so. We woke up to a dry, sunny morning on Sunday. AND...it did not rain hardly at all Saturday night.

If you want to defend Columbia, then there is no way you can attack MP for cancelling in much worse conditions than Columbia.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

So Dedicated, are not going to tell us your club name?

OR his club's tournament policies......or if his club has even been faced with the situation as MP was faced with this past weekend.

I'd like to know some of the other poster's clubs as well.....

C
Coach
Coach
C
Thanks, AK...and just to be clear, that wasn't a complaint about having to play on that field on Saturday--as I said before, I saw MPSC folks out on that very field with squeegees Friday night and Sat. morning trying to clear the excess off. I just mentioned that to say that there was mounting evidence as the Saturday games went on that player safety was becoming an issue in continuing to play on those fields. There was a torrential downpour around noon (luckily while we were at Alex's eating lunch) that I'm sure added an inch or so to the water level on the PP fields.

I've got good news and bad news...
A
throw in
throw in
A
I'm not defending or attacking anybody, just stating a fact.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard