Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
T
throw in
throw in
T
Hmmmmmm....your facts are not relevant though....

Last edited by SoccerMom85; 10/13/08 01:02 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
I was over in West Ashley all day Saturday, so I don't know the conditions, but I do know that it was raining pretty heavily all afternoon/early evening in Mt. P today as well.

Hopefully we won't get any more rain and my adult game Wednesday won't be cancelled!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
A
throw in
throw in
A
What's not factual Soccer Mom???

C
Coach
Coach
C
For what it's worth, even with the shortcomings in the system, I would rather go ahead and play the "lightning round" games like we did today as opposed to not getting to come out and play at all. We did get a chance to test ourselves against some good teams, even if it was only a short sparring match. I would have loved to have an opportunity to go the distance with each of them; it's difficult to decide a match in 20 minutes unless you get pretty lucky, and we had a bracket of four very evenly matched teams. Ultimately, it was a PK that tipped the scales and gave one team the tie-breaking advantage to win the bracket. That is one thing I was pleased about; no lopsided, run-away matchups...good competition all the way throughout our bracket.

I've got good news and bad news...
T
throw in
throw in
T
I used poor terminology, my bad. I have revised my post. Your facts are not relevant.

Yes, there were bad thunderstorms and tornadoes in the area...but they did not have ANY effect on a single soccer field involved in that tournament.

Now that was a club that laughed all the way to the bank over how they handled that tournament!

D
kick off
kick off
D
NO, I won't tell you what club I am a member of because my opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my club. As far as being a rival club. That is stated becuase I am not a member of MPSC. Yes, I chose to register today and post on this thread, that does not mean that I will not post on other threads in the future.

If this was the only time MPSC had canceled a tournament then maybe it would not be that big of an issue. However, This is a common occurance for them and presents a chronic problem. I cannot see why anyone would want to participate in this fraud of a tournament ever again. I certainly won't suggest that anyone does and hope that others will follow suit.

Last edited by Dadicated; 10/13/08 01:14 AM.
A
throw in
throw in
A
I am not defending Columbia, but they were not dealing with just rain.

I do believe that persons were seriously injured in Atlanta earlier in the day by the tornado's that went through Columbia. I know that portions of I-95 were seriously torn up. Correct no fields were effected, but there were serious concerns for peoples saftey both on and off the fields that night. I know some who were instructed to get into the stairwells of their hotel due to possible tornado's.

Again I am not justifying their decision.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

NO, I won't tell you what club I am a member of because my opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my club. As far as being a rival club. That is stated that becuase I are not a member of MPSC. Yes, I chose to register today and post on this thread, that does not mean that I will not post on other threads in the future.

If this was the only time MPSC had canceeled a tournament then maybe it would not be that big of an issue. However, This is a common occurance for them and presents a chronic problem. I cannot see why anyone would want to participate in this fraud of a tournament ever again. I certainly won't suggest that anyone does and hope that others will follow suit.

Now it's a "fraud". We all know you do not speak for your club and find it entertaining that you will not reveal. Take a deep breathe and walk away from the edge. There are more important things to get worked up about intead of your hurt feelings that the U10s only got to play one match.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

NO, I won't tell you what club I am a member of because my opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my club. As far as being a rival club. That is stated that becuase I are not a member of MPSC. Yes, I chose to register today and post on this thread, that does not mean that I will not post on other threads in the future.

If this was the only time MPSC had canceeled a tournament then maybe it would not be that big of an issue. However, This is a common occurance for them and presents a chronic problem. I cannot see why anyone would want to participate in this fraud of a tournament ever again. I certainly won't suggest that anyone does and hope that others will follow suit.

Hey, I never said your opinions were anyone other than yours. I realize they are not the opinion of your club. I just want to know what your club's policy is on their tournaments? I can't very well research that without knowing the name of your club.

Your club does hold a tournament every year...right?

Has it ever been rained out...and what did they do?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I am not defending Columbia, but they were not dealing with just rain.

I do believe that persons were seriously injured in Atlanta earlier in the day by the tornado's that went through Columbia. I know that portions of I-95 were seriously torn up. Correct no fields were effected, but there were serious concerns for peoples saftey both on and off the fields that night. I know some who were instructed to get into the stairwells of their hotel due to possible tornado's.

Again I am not justifying their decision.

Okay....getting into hotel stairwells on Saturday night has absolutely no bearing on not playing soccer games on Sunday...on what turned out to be a gorgeous day....on fields that were in good condition but the tournament was already cancelled.

Last edited by SoccerMom85; 10/13/08 01:14 AM.
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard