Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

I'd guess concerns for people travelling around Columbia and surrounding areas with the forcast for much worse conditions than what materialized on Saturday night and Sunday, probably had something to do with it. The forecasts were pretty much doom and gloom.
You know what they say 20/20 hindsight.

I think the main point is that MPSC has a history of canceling, that's the problem most people had with this weekend. Either way it's not good for future attendance in MT. P. If you want to charge top dollar then you had better produce a product, that's what people are upset with.
The proof is in the pudding and people can vote with their feet. There are plenty of other quality tournaments to attend.

Again, the poor weather LATE Saturday and into Saturday night had NOTHING should not have prevented the tournamant from going on. Col United cancelled WAY too early.

So what other times, besides last fall did MP cancel their tournament when the weather was NOT bad.

If I recall, Piggly Wiggly had rain late Saturday and Sunday last year. Fortunatley, it was not enough that it had a bad impact on the fields. If I recall, EVERYTHING went forward that week. MP did not cancel due to a manageable amount of rain. I think that says ALOT for their record.

And...please indicate what your club's policy is on their tournaments.

Has your tournament had to face inclement weather and deciding whether or not to hold a tournament.

D
kick off
kick off
D
your or you are?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

your or you are?

When threads get this long with this many posters involved, it is easier if you press the quote button in a post so that it includes the post you are referring to.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Folks, You can go back and forth about this all night but the bottom line is this is a part of soccer..These things happen.I traveled by air to New Jersey to have our games snowed out..Was I happy about it? No..Was it the clubs fault? again no..It was a wet weekend..The tounament should of been cancelled..It's raining right now and most of the fields I saw were unplayable

W
bench
bench
W
"Dadicated", try flying up to Wags, only to have it rained out.

Maybe you should get out more often.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Okay that was mean. It has just turned into a game to toy with all of you because you all refuse to admit that MPSC has a history of cancelling tournaments and despite agreements from oppossing partied that some of the closed fileds could have remained open, MPSC had options to complete the tournament but refused to do so.

S
throw in
throw in
S
SoccerMom85 -

I'm not commenting AT ALL about Charleston's decision to cancel ... I was in MB for a tourney and we played on a field with 6+ inches of standing water easily on 30% of one side of the field (worst I'd ever seen period) ... Again, though, no bearing on Charleston. I'm writing because as a member of CUFC and also being in Atlanta in the Georgia Dome during the storm last year, there were SERIOUS concerns about people's safety all the way through Saturday night. My sons were refereeing at 3p and were pulled due to tornado warnings. It was supposed to get bad Saturday night and while most of the bad stuff passed, CUFC did NOT want people worrying about getting to a field, IF it would be available, etc. They wanted families to be safe and put soccer second. So before you pass judgment on CUFC, know that your soccer-or-die attitude is not what club officials were worrying about when making the decision to cancel Sunday.

And, no, no one is due a refund for MPSC if they cancelled for rain - no matter when or how. However, I do think MPSC should have had much better contingency plans to play at other fields. Myrtle Beach scrambled, but one bracket (my younger team) actually went to 3 different sites on Saturday and finished playing at a 4th site later Saturday/Sunday. They went through hoops to make sure people got to play. I don't think it SEEMS MPSC (while NOT knowing their extra fields situation) did a whole lot to try and find alternate fields.

Again, I don't know any facts about Chas. and really don't care. But easy on CUFC for thinking first about EVERYONE'S safety.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Okay that was mean. It has just turned into a game to toy with all of you because you all refuse to admit that MPSC has a history of cancelling tournaments and despite agreements from oppossing partied that some of the closed fileds could have remained open, MPSC had options to complete the tournament but refused to do so.

Huh.......

The only part of this post I can respond to is the part about MP having options. Please, tell us what those were. Who all did you speak with at the club and at the town to come to this conclusion.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Folks, You can go back and forth about this all night but the bottom line is this is a part of soccer..These things happen.I traveled by air to New Jersey to have our games snowed out..Was I happy about it? No..Was it the clubs fault? again no..It was a wet weekend..The tounament should of been cancelled..It's raining right now and most of the fields I saw were unplayable

I'll let this be the last word for me. I yield to Truth's experience. Since Dedicated doesn't want to play by revealing his club, I'm going to watch Chargers and Patriots.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Who said MPSC does not have a history of cancelling games? I stated that earlier..Of course they do..I think that's the reason that they tried to get it in and should of cancelled the weekend

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard