Quote:

Well, this kinda makes my point about this whole Monday morning quaterbacking of MPSC.

Here is how I would have handled that last spring in Columbia....I would have told all the teams to be on standby. Pushed all the games for Sunday back one hour and told everyone to be on standby in the morning. I agree with the cancellations on Saturday. That made perfect sense and was totally appropriate.

But I really think they jumped the gun for Sunday. The issue then was the storms impact at the very moment the storm was passing overhead...NOT with the amount of rain it dropped on the fields.

I don't know the situation for fields in MP, so I don't know what other fields there could have been. Are you indicating they should have tried Summerville, or Chas So, or James Island?

(BTW...I appreciate your wording. I'm sorry if I came off too harsh on Col United. I'm just a bit frustrated at seeing such venom directed toward MP when I think they did try to offer a solution.)

My point is I think that's exactly what MPSC should have done. If they have had weather issues in the past (which it seems), they should do their due diligence to get backup fields in order. If they cannot do that, then they need to come up with some sort of 25-50% refund policy based on X number of games being played by each team. Or they can just state what they did about no refunds, but be EXTRA wordy to say "rain has affected this tournament in the past and we will not be held accountable for refunds for any weather or field-related decisions."

And, yes, CUFC did get a little of the storm and had some minor damage to some of the fields. I know this for a fact because my oldest son practices at BB&T and their workout that week was cancelled.