Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Well, this kinda makes my point about this whole Monday morning quaterbacking of MPSC.

Here is how I would have handled that last spring in Columbia....I would have told all the teams to be on standby. Pushed all the games for Sunday back one hour and told everyone to be on standby in the morning. I agree with the cancellations on Saturday. That made perfect sense and was totally appropriate.

But I really think they jumped the gun for Sunday. The issue then was the storms impact at the very moment the storm was passing overhead...NOT with the amount of rain it dropped on the fields.

I don't know the situation for fields in MP, so I don't know what other fields there could have been. Are you indicating they should have tried Summerville, or Chas So, or James Island?

(BTW...I appreciate your wording. I'm sorry if I came off too harsh on Col United. I'm just a bit frustrated at seeing such venom directed toward MP when I think they did try to offer a solution.)

My point is I think that's exactly what MPSC should have done. If they have had weather issues in the past (which it seems), they should do their due diligence to get backup fields in order. If they cannot do that, then they need to come up with some sort of 25-50% refund policy based on X number of games being played by each team. Or they can just state what they did about no refunds, but be EXTRA wordy to say "rain has affected this tournament in the past and we will not be held accountable for refunds for any weather or field-related decisions."

And, yes, CUFC did get a little of the storm and had some minor damage to some of the fields. I know this for a fact because my oldest son practices at BB&T and their workout that week was cancelled.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Re: Charleston Women's Shootout [Re: Coach Chass]

If you had looked at the top of my post you would have seen this. Please try to be more observant.

Looks like you just want to fight with someone....I have no desire. I divorced one that wanted to do that all the time!

Again, it usually works best if you use the "quote" button. Coach Chass has posted multiple posts...so it's hard to know just which one you are responding to. If you use the quote button it makes it easier to distinguish what post you are responding to.

I'm not trying to fight...but you are new to the board....it is meant as a suggestion to help you participate.

Have you said what tournaments your team plans to attend that gives refunds for bad weather?

You joined this forum 4 months ago and have used it sparingly, yet you act as if you were a veteran of this board. I'm sorry that I didn't help you out by using the quote button but I assumed as active as we have been on this thread that people would remember a post that was made moments earlier.

A
throw in
throw in
A
All MPSC fields were closed for practice on both Thursday and Friday. So someone must have know there "might" be a problem with the weekend.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Didn't get a chance to look at those...we were at Pat's Point, which was pretty swampy. I wonder if they would have been able to continue competition throughout the bracket by only using Park West? Or would that have let some teams get in their games and leave other teams in the same bracket canceled?

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I missed that field too..All I saw was water logged pitches and mud holes filled with sand between games

corner kick
corner kick
I wouldn't be surprised if, like I said earlier, the decision to close is a Town decision and they just do a "close everything we own" decision instead of a "let's check and pick and choose." The trend with the complaints in here suggests that this is more likely as I'd imagine to keep some sort of reputation that they'd have used PW if possible.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Didn't get a chance to look at those...we were at Pat's Point, which was pretty swampy. I wonder if they would have been able to continue competition throughout the bracket by only using Park West? Or would that have let some teams get in their games and leave other teams in the same bracket canceled?

Our entire bracket was playing there. No reason they couldn't have finished there.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

I missed that field too..All I saw was water logged pitches and mud holes filled with sand between games

I was at Park west from 8:30 util 1:30 (watched the competition). I never saw any sand muchless anyone speading it on a field.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Re: Charleston Women's Shootout [Re: Coach Chass]

If you had looked at the top of my post you would have seen this. Please try to be more observant.

Looks like you just want to fight with someone....I have no desire. I divorced one that wanted to do that all the time!

Again, it usually works best if you use the "quote" button. Coach Chass has posted multiple posts...so it's hard to know just which one you are responding to. If you use the quote button it makes it easier to distinguish what post you are responding to.

I'm not trying to fight...but you are new to the board....it is meant as a suggestion to help you participate.

Have you said what tournaments your team plans to attend that gives refunds for bad weather?

You joined this forum 4 months ago and have used it sparingly, yet you act as if you were a veteran of this board. I'm sorry that I didn't help you out by using the quote button but I assumed as active as we have been on this thread that people would remember a post that was made moments earlier.

I am a member of another on-line board that uses this same format.

I know you just want to fight...but no matter how many posts I have made...it makes it easier when you use the quote feature.

EDITED TO ADD: Maybe I am posting more so I can get off the bench.

Last edited by SoccerMom85; 10/13/08 02:19 AM.
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if, like I said earlier, the decision to close is a Town decision and they just do a "close everything we own" decision instead of a "let's check and pick and choose." The trend with the complaints in here suggests that this is more likely as I'd imagine to keep some sort of reputation that they'd have used PW if possible.

If that is the case then MPSC should have negotiated with the town for a better policy. This is a chronic problem with MPSC. They should have made sure that all closures would be on a field by field basis. I guess that goes back to poor planning.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard