Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
T
throw in
throw in
T
To whomever posted they were watching the game....sure hope you are rooting for SD....I wouldn't want to be rooting for NE tonight.

(Ducking and running for cover)

corner kick
corner kick
You overestimate the power of MPSC. A lot of the problems they've had since the merger have been because the Town or Rec Dept. are immobile on most decisions. Two examples are the attempt to hire a DOC and the current attempts to get Carolina Park Soccer Complex built rather than baseball.

The field closures are probably not their fault. If you reference my previous post, there are other options that MPSC could have explored, but none of us know if any were tried or if they are even feasible without having an in with the club, so arguing is mostly moot. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...hard to say without knowing for sure.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if, like I said earlier, the decision to close is a Town decision and they just do a "close everything we own" decision instead of a "let's check and pick and choose." The trend with the complaints in here suggests that this is more likely as I'd imagine to keep some sort of reputation that they'd have used PW if possible.

If that is the case then MPSC should have negotiated with the town for a better policy. This is a chronic problem with MPSC. They should have made sure that all closures would be on a field by field basis. I guess that goes back to poor planning.

Will you at least tell us if your club sponsors a tournament every year? If yes, how many teams enter each year?

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
We did (luckily for us) get field-by-field closings for the Sunday morning matches; our bracket got the Town Hall field, which was one of the ones that remained open. Again, 20-minute lighting rounds were better than nothing at all, and the bracket winners got a full-length championship match. We had our shot at it, just didn't quite pull it off with three ties.

As far as the internal politics between MPSC and the town of Mt. Pleasant, I remain a blissfully ignorant casual observer.

I've got good news and bad news...
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if, like I said earlier, the decision to close is a Town decision and they just do a "close everything we own" decision instead of a "let's check and pick and choose." The trend with the complaints in here suggests that this is more likely as I'd imagine to keep some sort of reputation that they'd have used PW if possible.

If that is the case then MPSC should have negotiated with the town for a better policy. This is a chronic problem with MPSC. They should have made sure that all closures would be on a field by field basis. I guess that goes back to poor planning.

Will you at least tell us if your club sponsors a tournament every year? If yes, how many teams enter each year?

If it will appease you. Yes they do and each age group usually has 6-10 teams for each gender.

corner kick
corner kick
I don't know a lot of the internal workings, but just from having been around for so long...it's a ***ch. But who's to say that Hungryneck would have survived without the merger because, unfortunately, they would have had to lease fields and find room and possibly compete against a MP run league using the local fields.

It's really just one giant mess though...with no sign of anyone willing to clean up.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If it will appease you. Yes they do and each age group usually has 6-10 teams for each gender.

And what is their weather policy? How many times have they ever had weather issues?

T
throw in
throw in
T
Okay.....I'm falling asleep.

And I got off the bencho...woohoo!

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And what is their weather policy? How many times have they ever had weather issues?

I don't believe we have ever had a rain out. I know they wouldn't start a tournament, play games in the rain, and then stop the tournament because they thought the fields might get bad. I have seen games at other tournaments get halted because of poor conditions and then continued on a field that was in better shape as soon as it become available.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
We just merged with SAPP, and I've noticed a greatly increased quickness to close practice fields at the first indication of bad weather...seems like it's a pattern! (Other than the field closings, it's been a pretty seamless merger, so I'm not complaining!)

I've got good news and bad news...
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard