Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
corner kick
corner kick
Here's hopes for you guys that it goes the way of the CESA merger product rather than the Hungryneck-MPRD merger.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
D
kick off
kick off
D
It was obvious on Friday that bad weather was coming to Charleston. given their history of closing the fields, the responsible thing to do was cancel the tournaments and offer to refund or reschedule the tournament. If you start a tournament knowing that the chances of completing it are dismal then you are not acting in the best interest of the teams involved or in the future of your club. They made a less than honorable decision and now their club will have to live with the infamy of it.

Last edited by Dadicated; 10/13/08 02:41 AM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Here's hopes for you guys that it goes the way of the CESA merger product rather than the Hungryneck-MPRD merger.

Yeah, from the sound of it, CESA isn't having problems with field closings.

I've got good news and bad news...
corner kick
corner kick
I also hear they aren't having to fight Town Hall over building superfluous baseball fields instead of more soccer fields.

I mean, seriously, who REALLY cares about baseball anymore anyway?

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

It was obvious on Friday that bad weather was coming to Charleston. given their history of closing the fields, the responsible thing to do was cancel the tournaments and offer to refund or reschedule the tournament. If you start a tournament knowing that the chances of completing it are dismal then you are not acting in the best interest of the teams involved or in the future of your club. They made a less than honorable decision and now their club will have to live with the infamy of it.

October 11, 2008...a date that will live in infamy.

(Apologies to FDR...overdramatize much?)

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

I also hear they aren't having to fight Town Hall over building superfluous baseball fields instead of more soccer fields.

I mean, seriously, who REALLY cares about baseball anymore anyway?

True...who wants to watch a sport where the players just get to stand around and scratch 95% of the time?

corner kick
corner kick
I hear they can sometimes SUB in a runner for someone batting too.

CHEATERS! CHEATERS I SAY!

C
Coach
Coach
C
I've got a player who's a great dribbler...when she beats a defender, can we freeze the field so I can sub in a pinch-shooter?

D
kick off
kick off
D
Infamy- A very bad reputation. (Websters New World Dictionary)

Granted this does not rise to the level of WWII. but a very bad reputation is exactly what MPSC has acquired for itself by having a history of cancelling tournaments that they should have known they were not going to be able to complete before they began them.

C
Coach
Coach
C
I wonder (just for the sake of argument) what sort of backlash would have happened if MPSC had canceled the tourney a couple of days ago on the chance of rain, and luck/fate/divine intervention/the axis of uncontrollable forces had sent us a mild, barely-damp weekend?

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard