Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
B
bench
bench
B
Do you actually think that before Sunday at 7 in the morning when their website was updated that the actually went to all the fields to check on them? Come on they knew Saturday night nothing was going to be held on Sunday. I know we got a email on Friday saying from MP "We fully intend on playing every game in this tournament" I knew then seeing the weather that this whole tournament was going to end this way.. I just saw Mount Pleasants webpage also.

Congrats to the u-15 girls elite team for making the finals.

Wish we all had the chance to make a final. Mount Pleasant sure got thie moneys worth.

B
bench
bench
B
I may be wrong so please let me know if I am but didnt Columbia United fefund some money to teams?

B
bench
bench
B
meant refund So before you slam my spelling I know i messed up

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

I may be wrong so please let me know if I am but didnt Columbia United refund some money to teams?

Yes, they did. Of course they were under no obligation to do so.

I imagine that people who don't understand canceling soccer games when there is a tornado watch in effect are the same people who think you can tell if it's safe to be on a pitch by counting the time between a lightening strike and hearing the thunder.

B
bench
bench
B
I believe you just said it all HappyDaddy.

1 one thousand
2 one thousand oh sorry bout that

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
The MPSC tournament director is the club's Business Manager, whose annual salary is mostly commission from their tournaments (team entries, hotels, merchandise, food and drink, etc). Don't kid yourself, that has a major effect on refunds and cancel decisions since its dealing directly with someone's opportunity to make money.

T
throw in
throw in
T
Quote:

Quote:

I may be wrong so please let me know if I am but didnt Columbia United refund some money to teams?

I imagine that people who don't understand canceling soccer games when there is a tornado watch in effect are the same people who think you can tell if it's safe to be on a pitch by counting the time between a lightening strike and hearing the thunder.

Please read my post for clarity. I do UNDERSTAND the games being cancelled on Saturday. Why throw nothing but insults.

I do not understand why games were cancelled for Sunday....AFTER the tornado watches were OVER. The bad weather was gone on Sunday. The games could have been played.

Do you have knowledge of the extent of the damage to the fields in Columbia last spring?

B
bench
bench
B
I know why pretty much the only fields they could open were the Polo road fields. Balentine and the Irmo fields were severly damaged cause of tornados touching down. They were not closed so the fields wouldnt get torn up they were badly torn up from debris and fallen trees.

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Quote:

Quote:

Was it a cash refund or a credit toward another CUFC event?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Was it a cash refund or a credit toward another CUFC event?

Our team attended the Columbia United tournament, and it was NOT a cash refund. Our team received a $100 voucher (good for a period of one year) to be applied by our team only towards another Columbia United tournament. We played less than one half of one game only. Did we travel to this tournament? Yes. Did we incur hotel expenses? Yes. Did we receive instant notification that the tournament would be cancelled? No. Did we have to wait longer than what was originally stated for an answer regarding the remainder of the tournament? Yes. Did we receive a phone call on Saturday night at 11:45 p.m. informing our team that everything was cancelled? Yes. Did we wake up to a gorgeous morning with not a cloud in the sky and bright sunshine? Yes. Did all of the fields truly sustain damage? Unlikely. Could Columbia United try to salvage part of the tournament like MPSC did this weekend? Yes. Did they make the decision to do so? No. Did they receive criticism for cancelling the tournament completely? Yes. Can you please everyone who attends a tournament? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

As for MPSC's Tournament Director also being their club's business manager. That's a fact. Is she paid a "commission" as stated in a previous post off each tournament she organizes? No. Does she have a contract for a set amount for each tournament REGARDLESS of whether that tournament registers 25 teams or 200 teams? Yes.

Have MPSC tournaments been cancelled in the past due to bad weather? Yes. Did MPSC purposely engineer all that has been implied in some of these ridiculous posts? No. Did MPSC choose the easy option to just throw in the towel and cancel the entire tournament? No. Did MPSC try to salvage as much of the tournament as they could given the circumstances? Depends upon who you ask. I wonder when so many will stop making inaccurate assumptions and slanderous remarks and move on to another club to massacre. Time will tell. Welcome to the world of soccer........

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard