Quote:

In terms of where did CESA end up at the PMSL divisions, I applaud them for continuing to place player development above results. They continued to put players in a position to be challenged and maximize their development. They've got 1 or 2 teams in each R3PL division this fall, and at least one team in every challenge division (except U18G). The fact that they didn't win a PM cup title this weekend has no relation to whether they care about classic level soccer ... and to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Just to clarify, I in no way meant to imply that I think CESA doesn't care about classic level soccer. I have very little knowledge of the club except by reputation, and I have no evidence that they don't care about classic level...just as I have no evidence that such a claim would be ridiculous. I just question any statement that implies that only the "A" level performance is worth looking at, while the PMSL-level performance is something that someone "wouldn't worry about." If the reason truly is that the club values challenging development over stacked-deck wins, then I applaud that mentality.

I've got good news and bad news...