Quote:

The next question you have to ask yourself, is that now that there is the academy league, how many college coaches are going to be attending the normal tournaments when they can go see the best of the best at the academy tournaments. When I refereed at the academy tournament, I saw 10 X's the amount of college coaches than I saw at the other games, including the state cup quarters. semis and finals, and regional games. The college coaches know that the best place to go see the best players are at the academy tournaments.....just a thought.

Such a tiresome "argument." I continue to be amazed at the attitude of the Academy supporters. Comparing college coach attendance at a weekend of Academy games with attendance at league games (or "state finals" where two teams are playing) is asinine. Compare attendance at CASL, or Disney, or the Region III tournament, or the Interregionals. There will be 100+ college coaches at all of those. The comparison is more apt.

The upshot to all of this is that good players on good teams will be seen multiple times by college coaches, whether they play Academy or not. Why do the Academy folks seem so focused on convincing everyone else that they made the right decision? Maybe you did, and maybe you didn't, but convincing me won't change the answer.